Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction

Old 2004-09-13, 03:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
SniperDude
Corporal

The Nightmare

-Prelude to a Nightmare-

...Their eyes met as the two men prepared to engage in a battle of epic proportions. As the war for Auraxis raged around them, nothing mattered to the two but the undoing of each other. Locked in a hatred for one another that cannot be measured by any means of time or space, the duo readied their weapons of choice. With Chainblades active and fires within the depths of their respective souls, the two lunged at each other. Both knowing it was to be to their demise, neither caring...

-Finnegan Residence, 9 June 3165, 1830 hours-

"Come on son, give me all you got" Tony Finnegan says, "Drill one right in my glove." Scot winds up and throws the standard sized baseball with all his might. The ball makes a very loud thud as it contacts his fathers glove, knocking him to the ground. "NICE ONE!!" Tony exclaims, trying not to express the pain and throbbing of his hand, "now lets go inside and see what mom's up to." "He's growing up fast" remarks Scot's mother Jenn, with a look of pride. "Yeah" replies Tony, still trying to hide his pain. "Hey there little one, dinners almost ready, go wash up" Jenn says patting Scot on the head. Scot scampers into the bathroom of their well to do home. "Your work called while you we outside." "Was it important," Tony replies with a look of regret. "Nothing TOO important, they just want you on stand by." "Ok, good, what's for dinner?" "Roasted garlic chicken, baked potatoes and a fresh Caesar salad." "Sounds wonderful, I'll go get ready." "Ewwwwwww, I HATE salad." Scot's remark is heard as he comes down the hall. "I know, but if you want to grow up big and strong like your dad, you have to eat it." "I know, I know."
Half way through their meal, Tony's Command Uplink Device (CUD) begins to beep, an alert the three know all too well. "Dad, do you have to answer it?" "Yes son, I'm sorry," Tony gets up and walks into his office, just down the hall. "I hate when dad has to leave," "I know son, me too." 'Access granted. Welcome MoonShade.' Tony's computer greats him with a false sincerity. He finds a classified message marked urgent, it reads as follows:

Attention all TRSOC commanders:
This is to inform you that you are to report to your duty station no later than 2000 hours. Bring Combat gear Alpha and readiness gear Charlie. That is all.

This message is to be deleted immediately after it is received.

Short but sweet, and Tony knew exactly what it meant without thinking twice, a hurried deployment to an undisclosed and maybe hostile location. It also meant that he had less the 45 minutes to spend with his family, not knowing when he would see them again. As he logs off and gets up to retrieve his combat and readiness gear, he sees Scot standing in the door way. "You have to leave again don't you?" "Yes, yes I do." Tony replies with an aching heart and hastily prepares his things. "Take care of him." "I will, you take care of yourself, and come home safe." "Will do sweetheart. Now son, you look after mom and do your homework and chores, I'll be home as soon as I can." "I love you daddy." "I love you too son." "And I love you too dear." With a kiss Tony is in his truck and on the road, all three are trying to hold back their tears. This really sucks, just give me 6 more months, then I can retire and not have to put them through this anymore. Tony thinks to himself. Just then he notices Scot chasing him down the road. How can he be keeping up with me, the effects of the process shouldn't show up for another couple years. Indeed though, little Scot is running down his dads truck, doing almost 40 KPH now. Unwillingly, Tony has to give it gas to get out of reach of his son, and to get into the mindset of what is to follow.

-Classified Briefing Room 156, 9 June 3165, 2100 hours-

"And this ladies and gentlemen is Auraxis. It was discovered approximately three months ago, by the drone scout Pegasus. The vital signs of the planet are similar to Earth's: life sustaining and stable. With climates ranging from arctic poles, arid deserts and a temperate equator. So far we have confirmed vegetation, but proof of intelligent life." Briefs Colonel Horus. A short portly man, worthy of a desk job and unfit for field work. "Pardon my asking sir, but could you cut to the chase?" Asks Tony, hoping for the full bird to tell them they will not be going there anytime soon. "The higher-ups see this as a scientific break through and want the planet scouted in hopes of finding a suitable deposit of a new energy source currently under research. Shown in yellow are areas of powerful energy fields. As you can see these energy fields are on every of the land masses, ranging from three to five on each." He points to the holographic image. "You are here to be those scouts." Tony's heart sank. "You will go to Auraxis on the first of three orbital stations that will be put in orbit around Auraxis. From there you will take drop ships and explore in and around these energy fields. Insertion will be through this wormhole.....here." Again, he points to the holograph. "If there are no questions, you are dismissed. Report to your individual briefing rooms"

-Orbital Station Launch Facility, 11 June 3165, 0600 hours-

"I don't like this sir." Tony expresses his unnerving feeling to his commanding officer, General Dorian. "What's not to like son, you are about to be one of the first men to set foot on a world outside our system?" "I don't know, it just doesn't feel right, being lightyears away from Earth, and keeping my family in the dark." "Comes with the territory son." "Yes sir, just have my doubts, that's all." 'T minus ten minutes and counting. All systems optimal." An automated woman's voice is heard over the stations communication system. "Better get to your hyperspace tube Major." "Aye sir" Tony makes his way to a small bunk encased in a tube where he will spend the next 18 months sleeping. He climbs in, adjusts his harness, attaches his life support systems. After a thumbs up, a private seals the chamber and Tony quickly drifts off to sleep.
Old 2004-09-13, 03:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SniperDude
Corporal

K, this is my first attempt at a fan fiction, so take it easy on me. It's slow paced at the beginning but things will pick up. Also, I made a few slight changes to the planetside timeline to fit the story, so ya, hope you enjoy.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction