Scattermax - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Paper or Plastic?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Will the Scattermax be nerfed?
Yes. 10 38.46%
No. 10 38.46%
I really don't give a damn. 6 23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-09-26, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
BDMJ
First Sergeant

Scattermax

Based on the info regarding the massive buff, do you think the Scattermax will become overpowered? I personally think that the AV damage will be nerfed about 1-2 weeks after the buff. The scattermax already does very well against MAX units, and with a doubled rate of fire and increased AV damage, it will eat them alive! I think the ROF will be left alone so the SM is as effective against infantry as the other maxes will be. With a doubled rate of fire, it will be a terrifying opponent for infantry.
Old 2003-09-26, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

I agree, I think the scattercannon is getting two powerful in the patch. I play a scattercannon on werner, and it is already a very powerful max. I wouldn't mind on werner if it got more powerful, but it would be unfair for other people, so I hope the scattercannon does get somewhat nerfed after the patch. Two times it's RoF is just to deadly...
Old 2003-09-26, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

it said its buffing the shield, which makes sense, and its AV damage. as of this point its already pretty useful against enemy maxes, in my opinion.
Old 2003-09-26, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

It's AV damage will probably get nerfed some, but then again, this is SOE we're talking about here. It needed the RoF increase to be able to deal with infantry anywhere near as well as the pounder.
Old 2003-09-26, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Smaug
Lieutenant Colonel

And yet they also double the pounder rof :P. It will be interesting to see how much they nerf the pounder damage, to keep it balanced with the new rof.
Old 2003-09-26, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
DDSHADE
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

shut ur sig up the devs are not nazi's (i hope) and thats not kind to say wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

im glad about the more empire specific feel to weapons that will be balanced
Old 2003-09-27, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Smaug
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by DDSHADE
shut ur sig up the devs are not nazi's (i hope) and thats not kind to say wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Its just a sig. And Nazi is just a joke, I dont honestly think they are nazis...
Old 2003-09-27, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Yeah I like his sig, but I hope since the pounder and scattercannon's RoF is being doubled, I just hope the quesar can at least pack some kind of punch. Pounder's got two grenade launchers, scattercannon has a very good shotgun, and quesar has a little pea shooter for a weapon.
Old 2003-09-27, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Zakaah
Private

The VS maxes really need buffing nobodyuses them cos' they get blown into tiny little peaces. I couldn't quite belive the thing on the pounder i mean how long have people been moaning. exactly not that i care cos' i don't like maxes unless there on the receiving end of my deci
Old 2003-09-27, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Infernus
Lieutenant General

why do people always go back to saying the pounder has two granade launchers? It doesn't fire them both at once you know...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion