FPS... what should we expect? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Monitor Status: Your monitor is ON
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-01-06, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

I don't want to sound mean or anything Dio but, what's your point? I didn't say anything about a comp blowing up. I was just stating a fact about heat and to have plenty of ventilation or add a few case fans if you don't and trying to give some advice to the people who aren't computer savy. Besides the cooler you keep a comp the better it will perform while adding to the longivity of the unit. So the more case fans the better.

Last edited by CDaws; 2003-01-06 at 04:55 PM.
Old 2003-01-06, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
�io
Lieutenant General

Well i was simply saying they don't heat that much since you said you need "a few case fans". No need to get angry man.
Old 2003-01-06, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Sputty
Banned

If you ahve alot of those water coolers. good fans and a refrigerated case then get a P4 and overclock..hehehe...you can get over 4.5 Ghz with the 3 Ghz P4....
Old 2003-01-06, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

Dio, please tell me where I said that "you need a few case fans". I mentioned it as an option I didn't say you had to have them. And it really depends on what your running, if you overclock the thing and what other things you have in your case like a high end graphics card.

Last edited by CDaws; 2003-01-06 at 05:04 PM.
Old 2003-01-06, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Sputty
Banned

As Dio said, no need to get angry.
Old 2003-01-06, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

Who said I was angry? I didn't use the anger face, I didn't type in caps as to yell, so how is it that I'm angry? Dio took my words out of context and reworded them. I simply pointed out that he missused my words into something that I didn't say. So Sputty what's your point?

Last edited by CDaws; 2003-01-06 at 05:16 PM.
Old 2003-01-06, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Sputty
Banned

You're typing angrily.
Old 2003-01-06, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Camping Carl
Major

Overall I wasn't that impressed with the fx's benchmarks. I'd like to see how it stacks up agaisnt a raedon 9700 pro.

I'm not so sure that it with dominate the market now. Isn't ati working on a new chip too? If so I doubt that nvida has made enough of a jump in speed to compete with ati.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-01-06, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

Sheesh you guys take things too damn seroiusly. I swear you can't say anthing without some one ridiculing you about it. Oh I feel that your were typing angrily. Sheesh if you took it the wrong way that's your own fault. Don't go blaming me if you can't get what people are saying and how they are saying it.
Old 2003-01-06, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Sputty
Banned

Come on, I was joking and I think most people could tell that. "Typing angrily"...
Old 2003-01-06, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Sputty
Banned

Cmping CArl I agree with you...also ATI has always been at the top of RAM developemnt, especially with DDR and the new DDR2 and ATI is designing a new high preformance chip too. And they ahve the 9000 and 9500 wihich both are reasonbalby poweful, the 9500 is more powerful than a Geforce 4 and is a little cheaper.

Last edited by Sputty; 2003-01-06 at 05:30 PM.
Old 2003-01-06, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

PC GAMER had the benchmarks of the new FX card and they didn't get a true field test of it. Nvidia was very limiting of what they could test with it. Nvidia told them what tests they could do and what games to test it with. As it stands with the tests, go with the 9700 PRO vs the new Nvidia FX card. Less money, better software, better drivers, and not to mention the break out box that comes with it for video capture input. Or wait untill they work out the drivers and get a better test on the FX card so you have a better comparison.
Old 2003-01-06, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Camping Carl
Major

Yeah, I'm curious now because according to those benchmarks the fx gets close to 2 times the fps of the g4 ti4600. I've seen tests tho, where the 9700 pro gets 3 times the fps of the g4 ti4600!

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-01-06, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Sputty
Banned

Yeah, ATI for has some advantages on the fact they have manufacture their cards too. Nvidia jsut has specs companies have to be within to call it a geforce 4...
Old 2003-01-06, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

Go get the Febuary 2003 issue of PC GAMER, page 90 for the FX and page 94 for the 9700 PRO. Or just read it in the store.

Last edited by CDaws; 2003-01-06 at 05:40 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion