Unusual tactics - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: NC Forever!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-25, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

Unusual tactics

Got any or had any used on you?

I have a couple of tactics that some NC guys used recently on me in my Lightning.

One guy used surge and his Jackhammer with AP rounds to move in close and blast me. I was so taken by surprise, I ran into a tree and he finished me off. Ouch, that was embarassing!

The second was a guy who used surge to move in so he could try and plant boomers and mines next to me. Fortunately, I realized what he was doing and managed to evade all his attempts and cut him down with the 12mm.
Old 2003-09-25, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Transporter
Staff Sergeant

in my rever iv had a guy try to go strat infront of me then drop and get behind be and stay close to me wiel shoting, i couldent get him off i tryed using bost but he used it half a secound after me and stayed taleing =( hade to bail witch made me look like a cawerd and stuiped b/c i did it over top a lake =(

http://planetsideimages.com/ANT Transporter logo.JPG

Someone teach me how to make logos like the kick ass ones on Squeeky
Old 2003-09-25, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Kornflake�
Corporal

One I've never tried but think would be quite funny is to drop one of your empires best weapons on the floor in a corridor in a friendly base under attack base, and then hide round the corner. When you see a red blip stop on the weapon on your radar, step round and waste them whilst they're busying playing round with their inventory picking it up heh.

-Kornflake�
Old 2003-09-25, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Originally posted by Kornflake�
One I've never tried but think would be quite funny is to drop one of your empires best weapons on the floor in a corridor in a friendly base under attack base, and then hide round the corner. When you see a red blip stop on the weapon on your radar, step round and waste them whilst they're busying playing round with their inventory picking it up heh.
Wow, I've got to try that some time.
Old 2003-09-25, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

That's pretty funny Kornflake. Let us know if it works.
Old 2003-09-25, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

One time in a crowded tower spawn room all us NC were rushing to get our stuff and stop the TR advance. A silly little enemy infil was running around planting boomers in the middle of the crowd. HE planted 3 or 4 before anyone knew what was going on. Then everyone started shooting everywhere trying to kill him. including the Scattercannons. about 20 of us died in the process. Mission Complete.
Old 2003-09-25, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
scarpas
Captain

Originally posted by Transporter
in my rever iv had a guy try to go strat infront of me then drop and get behind be and stay close to me wiel shoting, i couldent get him off i tryed using bost but he used it half a secound after me and stayed taleing =( hade to bail witch made me look like a cawerd and stuiped b/c i did it over top a lake =(
That might have been me, i did that to someone recently, when was this?
Old 2003-09-25, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Otis
Master Sergeant

Suicide, when I'm a cloaker in an enemy base and I get trapped by a MAX like he's looking at me and won't move or what ever. I plant a couple boomers, get out my jammer, then go "Hey" when they turn around I drop the Jammer. BOOM!
Old 2003-09-26, 04:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Acaila
First Lieutenant

I went to pick a Lancer up because I love them, and when I looked down, I noticed it had a boomer underneath it. BOOM, me dead. I've seen other CE dudes hiding boomers under ammo box's and shit, seems like a great idea.
Old 2003-09-29, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
DoomWarrior
First Sergeant

i forget its name but i killed that really big tank the nc's have with frag grenades, i ran around it continuesly dropping grendades and it couldnt hit me, if my base is ever really under attack i drop all my stuff and fill my my inventory with grenades
In times of life, death will come

Those who face their fate will know of its return,
those who face it's destiny are for the evil to turn.

Old 2003-09-30, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Originally posted by DoomWarrior
i forget its name but i killed that really big tank the nc's have with frag grenades, i ran around it continuesly dropping grendades and it couldnt hit me, if my base is ever really under attack i drop all my stuff and fill my my inventory with grenades
From what I can tell, HE grenades are the best against armor in the first place. Also, try a Thumper, supriseingly, it's more effective.
Old 2003-09-30, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Here is an unsual tactic, shoot your own teammates! Wait that's a usal tactic, sorry.
Old 2003-09-30, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
dymetrie
Private

Well,

If you happen to be the unfortunate Gal pilot, whose Squad has just HotDropped, when an enemy fighter starts shooting at you.

Don't try and run away, the Galaxy is too slow....

Instead, trya nd turn around and play chicken!!

This works quite well against Mossies, as they have little armour, and if you hit them a few times, they're more likely to go boom than you are. Against Reavers, it's more of a question of luck, but at the very least you should be able to take down some of its armour to assist your troops on the ground (always remembering to bail before the boom!)

I've tried this a few times, and whilst it's bloody hard (Gal's don't turn on a sixpence) it's quiet gratifying when you see the enemy fighter lose control, and if you're in that fighter, it must be like playing chicken in your ford fiesta against an articulated lorry

Sometimes the fighters just run away....

Dym
Old 2003-09-30, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Vernam
Sergeant

I was hacking a CC tower, a VS infil comes up the stairs and starts shooting at me in the back with a beamer in secondary mode...I keep hacking...he reloads and starts shooting again...I keep hacking...finish hack...open inventory and switch out glue gun for guass....then blasted him. He had an unusual tactic.

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
Old 2003-09-30, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Last night at an Interlink Facility... you know how those VS Maxs love the roof there especially because they have the Equip Terms so they can keep getting new armor. Well I managed to sneak up there in an Infil suit. I hacked the term and kept it hacked. On the map when I saw a max comming to the door I would switch and grab my decimator fav. Crouch and it nail them, then hit favorites and grab my infil fav again. Did this 3 times before some Max decided to fill the room with disco balls.... no dodging splash damage in infil gear. I can just hear those VS now... "WTF?"

~Tide
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion