More TW user PS Beta NDA Breakage. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside, the only place where Rocklet isn't a typo.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-31, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Venom
Sergeant

what i found funny was that his defence was that the people 'flaming' him downloaded warez so they were no better than he.

god damn morons.
Old 2003-03-31, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Civilian
Contributor
Major

I really feel sorry for the members of TW that add intelligent discussions to that forum because the last 7 idiots(excluding Vermillion) in this thread are pretty typical of the types of people that get recognition from that forum.

Nothing more mature than calling another person an "asshat" or a "******" for doing the right thing. I love it when the kiddie's try to impose their will upon you by calling you names. They are very cool.
Old 2003-03-31, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Vermillion
Private

I'm loving every minute of it, making my day at work go by quicker
Old 2003-03-31, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
SonGohan
Private

Wow. Lots - o - internet penis envy between the two forums. (Actually, just this one for TW from what I've read so far)

I'm fresh from there... Don't see me all saying "OMGz! TW roxx0rs your box0rs! keke silly newb PS gits!"

This coming from a guy who has been named after DBZ for longer then most of you have been on the internet...

"Grow Up"
Old 2003-03-31, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Jason
Private

Originally posted by SonGohan
I'm fresh from there... Don't see me all saying "OMGz! TW roxx0rs your box0rs! keke silly newb PS gits!"
But TW does rock that hard.
Old 2003-03-31, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
xpdnc
Private

don't worry folks, i've graciously offered to host any and all beta pictures and reviews, totally anonymously!

you can find me at tribalwar, your home for pissing off people who act like they're 10 years old by telling their mommies when something happens they don't like
Old 2003-03-31, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
xpdnc
Private

Originally posted by Civilian
I really feel sorry for the members of TW that add intelligent discussions to that forum because the last 7 idiots(excluding Vermillion) in this thread are pretty typical of the types of people that get recognition from that forum.

Nothing more mature than calling another person an "asshat" or a "******" for doing the right thing. I love it when the kiddie's try to impose their will upon you by calling you names. They are very cool.
it's not that he did it, it's that he bragged about it afterwards...that's incredibly mature.
Old 2003-03-31, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

It's one step less nerdy to spend all day whoring forums for a game that isn't out yet than to spend all day whoring forums for a game that died a long time ago. One step less nerdy than this is spending all day whoring forums for games that are currently out, and still one step less nerdy is eating your own boogers.

Mwuhuhahaha, take that all of...us... doh!
Well at least we're not still waiting around for a Duke Nukem game.
Old 2003-03-31, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

yes, but I learn such cool new words like "asshat" from reading all of it.
Old 2003-03-31, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

But asshat was OFN about 8 years ago. You're only hurting yourself by learning it now
Old 2003-03-31, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

for afex!
Old 2003-03-31, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
SonGohan
Private

afex... name sounds familiar.
Old 2003-03-31, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

"Asshat" is just a drop in the AIDS Water bucket of wisdom that is Tribalwar. God I love TW.

It's kind of childish, though. Honestly, PSU is doing great to be where it's at -- but it's got a ways to go before it has the community support that TW has, and you can tell that by the donations thread. I think TW had the necessary emergency funds (with plenty left over for the war chest, the initial funds needed were, what, a thousand, two thousand or so) within something like 24 hours of dropping a Sticky in the General forum. But it seems lame for people to be flaming one way or the other between sites. TW lets us be immature -- that's one of the reasons we go there. We revel in it. If you're going to post on TW, you need to get the stick out of your ass FAST before someone breaks it off in there for you.

That being said . . . Vermillion seems like a grade A asshat. And the guy that posted the pics -- let me think.

Pros: I get to see new pictures and info from Planetside Closed Beta.

Cons: Some guy I have never really heard of before, even in a TW context, might get booted out of beta for posting those screens.

Well, if he has to lose beta, that is a sacrifice I will just have to make. I'll try not to let it get me down too much. So I don't give a damn about whether or not he stays in beta.

But would I turn him in? :P Hell no. That would be like turning a neighbor in for stealing cable, or for using fake online pr0n accounts, or jaywalking. In each case, the fact that you cared enough to report it makes you a GRADE A ASSHAT.

I can see how an admin like Hamma would be forced to report stuff that happens on his own forums. But I don't see the reasoning behind going out of your way to report people that are doing something that, while maybe wrong (although 'wrong' and 'right' are so subjective, call it 'illegal') will almost certainly never hurt anyone, and CERTAINLY will never hurt you.

Seems kind of gay. Vermillion, eat a bucket of AIDS Water please.
Old 2003-03-31, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Vermillion
Private

Where can I buy some of this 'AIDS' water you speak of? I'd very much like some!
Old 2003-03-31, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Civilian
Contributor
Major

Seems kind of gay. Vermillion, eat a bucket of AIDS Water please.
LMAO!

Actually when you think about it, that's kinda disturbing.

I'm not justifying Vermillion's actions. It certainly wasn't necessary for him to "brag" about turning them in(although he had been reported long before Vermillion entered into the equation), but there is nothing wrong with him reporting this guy.

I definitely wouldn't have acted in the same manner. The best thing to do in this case is, if you are going to report him, report him and move on. Just a suggestion for next time.

And I will say, this is the kind of stuff that seems to get both side fired up. This is a fued between a few people from each forum that I will never understand and I'd prefer to stay out of it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion