SCU Shield Change on PTS - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What you think this is an AA forum for Planetside Addicts?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-27, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Re: SCU Shield Change on PTS

I'm totally okay with this, I think that spawning at facilities needs to be tied to capture progress somehow. I would do it differently, but it's a step in the right direction.
Old 2013-04-27, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
moosepoop
Captain

instead of all this overcomplicated rulesets, how about just introduce some doors?
Old 2013-04-27, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I don't think the generator was the problem... I think the single solitary generator was the problem.

Old 2013-04-27, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
EnderVS
Private

Ugh, why? Yes, lets remove more tactical objectives from this game dumbing down meta even more. This hurts smaller outfits. If we come in for a last second secure and neutralize enough points to prolong the fight that shield is essential to get online. Now it stays down leaving the SCU vulnerable the entire time until you get back to halfway? Who sits there thinking, "Lets remove more things that add even a tiny bit of depth to this game, yeah, that must be what they all want?"
Old 2013-04-27, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
AThreatToYou
Major

Just sitting here, silently and reasonlessly advocating destructible spawn tubes and contestable spawn rooms.
Old 2013-04-27, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

solved zero problems, created more problems.

What do they not get about the need for bases to be DEFENSIBLE so that spawns aren't camped without recourse? Do they just not give a shit? I feel like I've been banging my head against a brick wall and talking to a child who doesn't understand this concept of human behavior.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-04-27, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

This isnt the right solution.

They are trying to stop ghost caps from locking people out - which is good.

But when defenders are present the fights over those gens are some of the best fights -it would be a shame to lose that.

They should add the lattice first before they make any crazy changes like this.
Old 2013-04-27, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
instead of all this overcomplicated rulesets, how about just introduce some doors?
Have you ever seen Idiocracy? You see in the future doors are too complicated for people to handle.
Old 2013-04-27, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Koadster
Sergeant Major

I think its a good change, it will make some people butthurt like those 'spec op' guys, but they are more sad about missing out on easy exp then being navy seal wannabies. But as the dev said and what I said in another thread with beta scus. They can make fights not even happen, if a fight ensues now there will be actual fighting over the point in order to keep that scu shield up.

Ofcourse will the innate zergy nature of planetside2 we will have to wait and see How it plays on the focus tests. What sounds good on paper might not play out well... too the PS1 vets and spawn tubes.. isn't the scu pretty much the design off those tubes ? Tubes gone = no spawning, scu gone = no spawning ?

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR

Last edited by Koadster; 2013-04-27 at 06:39 PM.
Old 2013-04-27, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Silent Thunder
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
too the PS1 vets and spawn tubes.. isn't the scu pretty much the design off those tubes ? Tubes gone = no spawning, scu gone = no spawning ?
The diffrence there being the spawn area and the place to defend were one in the same. Naemly isntead of the defenders and attackers taking potshots at each other near the spawn room, Defenders never leaving, and attackers keeping their distance, the whole thing would end in one final push for the spawn room itself, while the defenders made a desperate last stand.
Old 2013-04-27, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
SternLX
Sergeant

If the Devs are dead set on doing this then I have Two suggestions.

1) An additional Spawn room is needed in each of the Large base types. Give the players an option to spawn into either. Also the 2nd Spawn room should be an interior room that has no exposure to Air or ground vehicles when you exit. Use the Small base spawn building without its roof structure.
One SCU controls both Spawn rooms.

2) Ditch the Tunnel push pads and use Teleporters that exit near the jump pads that lead out of the tunnels. Travel time to get back into the fight is too long. It needs to be shortened if defenders have any hope of retaking a Cap point.

BTW... Tech Plants and Amp Stations need to go back to having more than 1 Cap point like in Beta. I never saw the point in making Huge bases like those have 1 cap point were you left Bio domes with 3 or 4. Some consistency would be nice in that regard. It's HUGE BASE, it should have the same objectives as an Air Tower + Shield Gen & SCU destruction IMHO. More Objectives = better.

Last edited by SternLX; 2013-04-27 at 09:23 PM.
Old 2013-04-27, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Falcon_br
Captain

My idea was to never allow to overload generators before the base had influence form nearby bases.
There is nothing worst to lose a base and when you are going to defende the bio lab behind it, there is no spawn point on that base, the SCU is gone long before the previous fight happened!
I also think my idea is better them the new one, because it is not uncommon now, since they increase the generator exp granted, to see people flying from base to base blowing down all generator they can find and getting a great amount of xp for that.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-27, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
SternLX
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
My idea was to never allow to overload generators before the base had influence form nearby bases.
There is nothing worst to lose a base and when you are going to defende the bio lab behind it, there is no spawn point on that base, the SCU is gone long before the previous fight happened!
I also think my idea is better them the new one, because it is not uncommon now, since they increase the generator exp granted, to see people flying from base to base blowing down all generator they can find and getting a great amount of xp for that.
I like that idea also. Basically... if you can't flip the Cap point you shouldn't be able to Overload a gen.
Old 2013-04-27, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Bravix
Sergeant Major

There wasn't anything wrong with the way Planetside did it (IMO). Take away exp from overloading gens and you won't have people farming them for certs. Make them a strategic target, not a cert resource.
Old 2013-04-27, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Silent Thunder View Post
The diffrence there being the spawn area and the place to defend were one in the same. Naemly isntead of the defenders and attackers taking potshots at each other near the spawn room, Defenders never leaving, and attackers keeping their distance, the whole thing would end in one final push for the spawn room itself, while the defenders made a desperate last stand.
Yeah, this is kind of why I've been arguing to put Spawn rooms INSIDE the Major Facilities, then putting the SCU near those...

Anyways, got a little experience with the current set up, where the shield doesn't go down until you've halfway filled your Capture Bar...
...Yeah, considering there is less then two minutes on the Capture Timer at that point when the SCU itself takes around two and a half, right now it's more of a siege breaker then anything.
I had to stabilize something another Terran overloaded out of habit, so it's doubtful a Zerg Rush will even bother with it once they realise it isn't going to finish a one-sided fight any faster.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion