Reavers - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Will this balance patch also affect the forums?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Reavers
They are fine. I like my reaver. 29 25.22%
They need to be toned down. Less armor. 16 13.91%
They need to be toned down. Less rockets. 3 2.61%
They need to be toned down. Less (or no) afterburner. 8 6.96%
They need to be toned down. 15 13.04%
They are fine but we need better AA weapons. 32 27.83%
They suck. Dio rul3z!! 12 10.43%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-06-02, 03:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
DrummerX
Private

do joysticks work with what? reavers? they did during beta, but not very well so i ditched it.
Old 2003-06-02, 03:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

thank u *angry sigh*
Old 2003-06-02, 03:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
DrummerX
Private

didnt see you question till you pointed it out
Old 2003-06-02, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Kikinchikin

whoever said to decrease the reaver magazine, u are off ur rocker. do u know how many rockets it takes to down a single agile soldier? 10-12. and thats if u hit accurately. and lets face it there is a lot of bias in this poll, heck ill admit im biased towards keepin them the same way since i love my reaver and enjoy using it more than nething else in the game. but then uve got people who dont use em and wanna ruin the game for people like myself who really enjoy using them. there are very few impartial people in this poll.

as for afterburners well they are smal lenough to keep a reaver that just flew away from anti air missiles away for about a minute or so since unless ur foolish, most pilots wont charge back into battle with no afterburners. so that achieves the purpose. and as for number of them i see i dont know where u were at, but i usually see about 2 or maybe three, never more unless we're just waiting for a hack.
Old 2003-06-02, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
David
Private

They are just fine...

I think reavers are just fine. If you tone them down and make them easier to kill with AA fire then whats the point of having aircraft? Having them be so tough encourages others to become pilots too so they can take out the Reavers in Air to Air. It also encourages the use of the Mosquito who's only real purpose is as a Reaver killer. If anything, I'd say the Reavers greatest weakness is the limited ammo it can carry. Trust me, 250 rounds of chain gun ammo and 48 rockets is nothing in an extended fight. (By that I mean extra ammo) If you're having trouble with Reavers, then I suggest getting more pilots in your outfit or squad. We pilots are too often the underdogs of the battle that don't get enough credit for how important our role can be. That's why you have entire Reaver squadrons instead of having two or three reavers in a Squad fighting side by side with ground troops. (Like it should be)

------------------------------
Captain
Brotherhood of X
http://bnn.zenithlight.net
------------------------------
"Hope you can see hell down the barrel of my gun
'cause that's where I'm sending you!" - Me
Old 2003-06-02, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Kikinchikin

xactly. when im on the sanc with a squad that has one spot open and we have even 3 reavers already, and i see two guys LFS one says hes all maxes and special assalut the other says hes reaver and med assault, i pick the reaver.
Old 2003-06-02, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
BeerJedi
Sergeant

As an AV grunt for TR, i've got no issues with the reavers. I've logged in over 80 Reaver kills. The pause near me, they go boom.
Old 2003-06-02, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
DrummerX
Private

the guys that want to tone down every single aspect of the reaver, are the guys gettin their asses blown off. And since in their tiny minds they beleive their invincible, it must be a problem with the game! hehe.
Old 2003-06-02, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

so says the guy that hovers over head and destroys everything in a vehicle that only has to worry about 3 different weapon systems to the person who has to worry about every single weapon system in the game cept two or three
Old 2003-06-02, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
DrummerX
Private

hehe, look! theres another one!^^
Old 2003-06-02, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

^^ look, a person who doesn't realize that having great killing power, survivability, speed and maneuverability all crammed into a single player package that requires absolutely no coordination and is only vulnerable to maybe three guns in the game could possibly be unbalancing.

edit: but lets just ignore that and bitch about how the striker lets infantry have a chance in hell and and cry for a nerf
Old 2003-06-02, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
�io
Lieutenant General

Well considering only 23% voted reavers are fine and you see reavers squads a lot more than you see lightning squads or MAX squads(huh never seen either, weird) i'd say he's not too far from the truth.

Seriously i'm not saying make reavers useless but anybody who thinks reavers are the underdog is living in a fantasy land and/or just likes his reaver too much to admit he's a powerhouse in it.
Old 2003-06-02, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
DrummerX
Private

It is true you have an advantage in a reaver, but its really supposed to be that way. So thats why I say, rather than strip down the reavers, buff up specs of weapons used against it. This way the targets.....i mean the grunts are happy and reaver pilots are happy as well.
Old 2003-06-02, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
DrummerX
Private

im a very realistic person, and in REALITY, in case you forgot, air power always has the advantage. This is why AA weapons were created. This game is team-based, and you have to have a balanced squad to be succesful against all aspects of it.

-meaning, a squad full of lightnings is gonna be vulnerable because they have nothing to defend them against an air raid. BUT, if that squad has a couple tanks, a couple aircraft, an anti-inf max and an aa max, hacker, engy, etc., it will be capable to handle most any circumstance. This is what balances the game.

Last edited by DrummerX; 2003-06-02 at 02:14 PM.
Old 2003-06-02, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

The best suggestion I've seen for balancing the reaver was to make it a 2 man aircraft and put one of the weapon systems on a turret. You aren't really taking power away from it, but you are enforcing teamwork on all the reaverjockeys out there.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion