Kill Streaks - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If PSU were beer, I'd buy a case.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-18, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Kill Streaks

I dont care much for kill streaks, but it can be a decent barometer of a players skill.

Me ? I don't want to hear any trumpets go off when someone hits a particular kill streak number. If a player hits a milestone it can be a private acknowledgement. If some Global chat message goes out to acknowledge a kill streak, than that clown should be marked for death.....once you're over 10 in a row.....everyone over BR15 has him on their map.....after 15 kills in a row....everyone over BR12 has them on their map....after they go over 20 in a row, both enemy empires can see this asshat is "special" and hunt him for a little XP and the thrill of putting a huge ego in check.

If a KIll Streak goes in PS2, it needs countermeasures. Maybe those with Adv Targeting implants get a extra "boost" on their radar, so there is a sliding scale that works against kill streak arrtists (kill whoring).

Killl a guy on a Killstreak - and you should get a little extra XP/BEP

....the longer the Kill Streak....the more enemy players can see him on their radar....kind of a Kill Whore Bounty to keep people from obsessing on a killstreak at the expense of their squad/empire objectives.

ALSO;

When I hear CALL OF DOODY

....I think of a piece of shit with a cell phone butt-dialing me.....
Old 2011-07-18, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
I dont care much for kill streaks, but it can be a decent barometer of a players skill.

Me ? I don't want to hear any trumpets go off when someone hits a particular kill streak number. If a player hits a milestone it can be a private acknowledgement. If some Global chat message goes out to acknowledge a kill streak, than that clown should be marked for death.....once you're over 10 in a row.....everyone over BR15 has him on their map.....after 15 kills in a row....everyone over BR12 has them on their map....after they go over 20 in a row, both enemy empires can see this asshat is "special" and hunt him for a little XP and the thrill of putting a huge ego in check.

If a KIll Streak goes in PS2, it needs countermeasures. Maybe those with Adv Targeting implants get a extra "boost" on their radar, so there is a sliding scale that works against kill streak arrtists (kill whoring).

Killl a guy on a Killstreak - and you should get a little extra XP/BEP

....the longer the Kill Streak....the more enemy players can see him on their radar....kind of a Kill Whore Bounty to keep people from obsessing on a killstreak at the expense of their squad/empire objectives.

ALSO;

When I hear CALL OF DOODY

....I think of a piece of shit with a cell phone butt-dialing me.....
Why punish a player who is doing well? What purpose does that serve? Yeah, he gets extra XP for his streak, but why does he have to appear on everyone's radar just because he's doing well? You said if there's a global message announcing it, but you went on to elaborate in great detail what should happen so it leads me to believe you want this for killstreaks no matter what.

In my opinion you should be given a message like what Higby said "Good job on killing those people blah blah blah" and maybe a small XP reward/bonus for your streak. Nothing to major so it doesn't promote camping, but just enough to make you feel good for getting that streak.

But in my honest opinion killstreaks promote camping no matter what and put an emphasis on K/D. Emphasis on K/D is god awful for an objective game and shouldn't even be part of it.

Plenty of people play way more defensively when going for merits in PS1. Mostly in part to how the "unique" kill system works. The player had to of been a life for about 30 seconds (not sure on that) and you had to of not killed them 30 minutes prior (or that) for it to count as a kill for your streak. So if I just happen to kill some guy who has only been alive for 20 seconds and then I encounter him again after he's been alive for 2 minutes, because I killed him before and it hasn't been 30 minutes it doesn't count towards my streak. You play defensive as all Hell so you can get your crappy pixelated merit that you can wear on your arm that no one will recognize or care about but you.

Add in game actual bonuses for getting a streak? Campfest 2012. I know I added what I wanted if there were to be a reward for killstreaks. I don't want them in game at all, but if there absolutely has to be them then that would be the system I'd be most happy with.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-07-18, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

DeeTwoEh,

Can't argue with your counter-post. Even though you seemed opposed to my post you still come across as anti-camping.
My ideas may be too much, but I'm looking for ways to minimize target practice for ego. PLAY THE GAME of PLANETSIDE - not some arcade-like quest for top-score. Keep TEAMwork at a premium. Guys will always solo. Keep cooperation, Squad play, Outfit play, and empire play as the prime mechanisms to progress in the game.

I want a game where 99% of the players are focusing on the Squad/Outfit/Empire mission and not worrying or even paying attention to K/D ratios. Check your stats when you log off or on.

I'm not sure how to do this (minimize camping). I'm anti-camping/farming. You're right that good/better players should not be punished. Puttting a bounty on them after a certain streak level raises the stakes for a player who is focused on their streak. It doesn't punish them as much as it may serve to keep them in check and make it too frustrating to pursue Stat-Camping for super-long periods of time.
I think some counter measure(s) to camping may be valid. I'm babbling now......

Last edited by Chaff; 2011-07-18 at 09:11 PM.
Old 2011-07-18, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
1Shotwonder
Private

Just hope they just dont pop up and block your view of what your doing cant tell you how many times ive been killed by that and I think it will be pretty gay unless they put it in the chat box top message or something.... its really uneeded
Old 2011-07-18, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by 1Shotwonder View Post
Just hope they just dont pop up and block your view of what your doing cant tell you how many times ive been killed by that and I think it will be pretty gay unless they put it in the chat box top message or something.... its really uneeded
Yeah, if I just killed five people in a row without dying I'm pretty sure I can figure out on my own that I'm doing a bitchin' job.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion