How to make this game not only great, but amazing. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Richard Simmons - leader of the VS
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.50 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-06-08, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Re: How to make this game not only great, but amazing.

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
To some extent there already were emperors in PS1. It just wasn't anything people voted on with in-game polls. Certain players just got a rep for understanding the global strategy better and having the willingness to spend a lot of time reading the map and communicating. It sort of grew into a culture and players naturally accepted that kind of leadership.
If there was a workable way of formalizing this into the UI, I would go with that, if not, I'm not interested in twitter spam popularity.
Old 2012-06-08, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Synapse
First Sergeant

This belongs in the ideas subforum, not here.
Old 2012-06-08, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
This belongs in the ideas subforum, not here.
True.

Also the game is already amazing.

/thread

Cheers,

GG
Old 2012-06-09, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

MMORPG = Massivly Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game
MMOFPS = Massivly Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter

Know the difference.
Old 2012-06-09, 12:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Zekeen
Major

Planetside ALREADY has emperors AND housing, I'm sure they will return for Planetside 2.

In Planetside we DEFINITELY had an emperor, he kept screaming at these "generals" that he said HAD to listen to him because he knew everything, but usually he got usurped and shot by a general who then did the same. So I guess we had a BILLION emperors!

And we have housing, I had several houses, but whenever I moved into one, some mean guys in Red and Purple would come knocking, beat me up, and kick me out. Then I had to go find my shotgun and take by my house. This happened SEVERAL times surprisingly, so I gave up and let them have most of the time. So I was forced to sleep in my Galaxy, it was as big as a house anyways.
Old 2012-06-09, 01:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Envenom
Sergeant Major

I'm here to kill people not play Barbie dream house thanks.
Old 2012-06-09, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Checowsky
Corporal

These ideas are mute, they've already been out there.

CR5s are leaders but they SHOULDN'T decide resource allocation.

Player housing would be a waste of time for the devs, just look into Outfit bases or Hexes again.

Simply put the ideas you've put out there have already been looked into or put in place but with the MMOFPS in mind, your exact ideas seem to much in the vein of an RPG.
Old 2012-06-09, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Attackmack
Corporal

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Player housing brings nothing to any game. No one cares about 99% of other people's "accomplishments". Player housing is egocentricism at its finest. Sure your friends might stop buy, or if you're like really well known, but other than that it's a waste of dev time when that time could be focused on improving the actual game.
But since alot of players think its great to have their "own" place in any game, it doesn't matter of what other players think. A sort of "player housing" will surely bring more players to PS2 and keep them interested. And it wouldn't be hard for the devs to implant an instance based player area.

Some ppl like to login and just chill for a while, and what better way to do this then in your own mobile sanctum.
Nanite systems personal sanctum reconstructive facility, life is more then war!
Old 2012-06-09, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Don't bring RPG elements to an MMOFPS. This is a competitive game.

The reason Planetside is so revolutionary is because every other "MMOFPS" that has come before is really an MMORPG with shooting mechanics.

The emperor idea puts control of your gaming experience in the hands of other players, not good.

The player housing is pointless all I want to do is be on the battlefield.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Bags has it. Officially elected leadership would be a useless glamour pageant and player housing would be irrelevant. Guild housing may one day be made to function, but is also kaput as presented here.

Originally Posted by Attackmack View Post
But since alot of players think its great to have their "own" place in any game, it doesn't matter of what other players think
Feel free to actually support that with evidence. Every instance of player housing I've seen has been a deserted wasteland with no relevance.
Old 2012-06-09, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Purple
Sergeant Major

with severs being only 6000ish people. we dont want 100-1000 people in each faction just sitting in cites and homes. this would encourage people to feel safe going afk. to make the game great everyone needs to be shooting or doing something useful.
Old 2012-06-09, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Rexdezi
Sergeant

I think this game will already be amazing, and the changes you listed in your OP would take away from that amazing and make it a "could have been"
Old 2012-06-09, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
Planetside ALREADY has emperors AND housing, I'm sure they will return for Planetside 2.

In Planetside we DEFINITELY had an emperor, he kept screaming at these "generals" that he said HAD to listen to him because he knew everything, but usually he got usurped and shot by a general who then did the same. So I guess we had a BILLION emperors!

And we have housing, I had several houses, but whenever I moved into one, some mean guys in Red and Purple would come knocking, beat me up, and kick me out. Then I had to go find my shotgun and take by my house. This happened SEVERAL times surprisingly, so I gave up and let them have most of the time. So I was forced to sleep in my Galaxy, it was as big as a house anyways.
/this
Old 2012-06-09, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
MightyMan
Corporal

Talking Re: How to make this game not only great, but amazing.

Errrrr, sorry to tell you that but social stuff and shooter games don't go along well. There are other MMO games centered around it that will satisfy those needs better.
BUT
Instead of having player housing, cities and outfit rooms, just give everyone and each outfit they'r own spaceship chambers. Basically little metalish rooms with space theme, displaying your achievements, the achievements being new possible decorations to you'r room: crush a mosquito 50 times and get a broken mosquito wing as your new achievement shelf or capture a vanu base 10 times and get a burned and torn vanu banner as your new curtain, hell it can even be like captain shepherd's chambers, if you buy anything with real cash you get your own space hamster and a Kelly Chambers on your bed.
Outfit rooms would be the same but a bit bigger, displaying the outfit's achievements.
Personal rooms are personal, while outfit are for outfit members.
AND THERE YOU GO.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault