PlanetSide Next Mosquito Exclusive - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The key of the success
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-02-11, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Jonny
Master Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide Next Mosquito Exclusive

But remember they've only given us artwork, no information about the vehicle so you can only speculate about how it works.

On that point, I think it looks great. Its a spy plane(ish) so the opaque cockpit ties in there as well as looking awesome.

Loving the art direction and now the reaver suddenly looks very powerful in comparison.

Lots of good work there SOE! But remember, Fun over realism (as to how it handles)
Old 2011-02-11, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

Very very cool, soo excited

Art direction is looking fantastic, but we have only seen 3 models. No Environments or Buildings. We shall see
Old 2011-02-11, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Jonny
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Tigersmith View Post
Very very cool, soo excited

Art direction is looking fantastic, but we have only seen 3 models. No Environments or Buildings. We shall see
YES very much looking forward to an environment pic.
Old 2011-02-11, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
tkoreaper
Private

You guys ever thought that maybe in PS:N vehicles won't be different by color alone?

For example, look at today's Prowler and Vanguard. The Prowler has a rounded model whereas the Vanguard is more blocky and square. Now take a look at the PS:N version of the NC's Reaver and the TR's Mosquito. The Reaver is much more blocky than the Mosquito and I think it has to do with it being a NC Reaver.

This could easily explain the huge difference in model design and why the color doesn't stick out much.

Last edited by tkoreaper; 2011-02-11 at 12:29 PM.
Old 2011-02-11, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Evilmp
Master Sergeant

you're right tkoreaper,

it could be the case. but either way,

if you can do better please post

Last edited by Evilmp; 2011-02-11 at 02:27 PM.
Old 2011-02-11, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Gogita
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by tkoreaper View Post
You guys ever thought that maybe in PS:N vehicles won't be different by color alone?

For example, look at today's Prowler and Vanguard. The Prowler has a rounded model whereas the Vanguard is more blocky and square. Now take a look at the PS:N version of the NC's Reaver and the TR's Mosquito. The Reaver is much more blocky than the Mosquito and I think it has to do with it being a NC Reaver.

This could easily explain the huge difference in model design and why the color doesn't stick out much.
That would be so awesome...
Old 2011-02-11, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Gogita View Post

That would be so awesome...
I concur!
Old 2011-02-11, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Aractain
Major

That sounds kind of dumb from a resources point of view. If your going to make different vehicles (empire specific) then make actual different vehicles.... I doubt they would have done that.

This is just be rounded because its a speedy recon/interceptor and the reaver is a gunship. Much simpler.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-02-11, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Thank you my good man
Old 2011-02-11, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
otomotopia
Sergeant

I wouldn't put it past them. SoE has a lot of talented artists.

Even so, its really 50/50. I'm liking this design, even if it does 'clash' against other vehicles.

Side note, I can't find a logo, period. All I see is that black intake-like T on the fuselage and that somewhat faded red stripe. And the red tint on the window, of course, but that may simply be reflection from the...sun..set? 0_0

Either way, with the other models, target identification from color was clear. Not so much with this one. If it is because of the refraction, that's perfectly fine by me. That'd be an awesome property to be aware of and use tactically.

Last edited by otomotopia; 2011-02-11 at 01:48 PM.
Old 2011-02-11, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
Thank you my good man
So, no empire specific look for common pool stuff, even if the difference is only small?
Old 2011-02-11, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
otomotopia
Sergeant

Originally Posted by basti View Post
So, no empire specific look for common pool stuff, even if the difference is only small?
I have a feeling that T- Ray is running up to Smed and saying PLEEEEEAAASE? PLEEEEASE CAN WE TELL THEM? IM SO SOSOSO EXCITED TO TELL THEM!! PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEAAASEEEAHHH?
Old 2011-02-11, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
I have a feeling that T- Ray is running up to Smed and saying PLEEEEEAAASE? PLEEEEASE CAN WE TELL THEM? IM SO SOSOSO EXCITED TO TELL THEM!! PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEAAASEEEAHHH?
I know where your coming from. I have seen faces of Devs wanting to tell their community how stuff really is, but they cant. Its like if you take the candy away from a child, it just hurts watching. :/
Old 2011-02-11, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
Side note, I can't find a logo, period. All I see is that black intake-like T on the fuselage and that somewhat faded red stripe. And the red tint on the window, of course, but that may simply be reflection from the...sun..set? 0_0
TR symbol on the front wings
Old 2011-02-11, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
otomotopia
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
TR symbol on the front wings
Yep, I see it. Thanks!

...doesn't look like there's many other distinctive markings though. Unless the 3rd faction is like... a different color. Please be more Mighty Ducks then frat boy.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion