So. I guess no E3 news - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Just like disneyland, without the rat problem
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-06-08, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
LordReaver
First Sergeant

Re: So. I guess no E3 news

Originally Posted by Azren View Post
Well, the same could be said for you. Why not just wait and see?
Non expectation is not assumption.
Old 2011-06-09, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
BF3 is probably 64 players. In Planetside I feel "large scale battles". I've never felt that when playing Battlefield.
Exactly

I'm tellin y'all one more time, it's a new method. A company basically doesn't really release any actual info about the game, not even the release date. So one day, someone will just see it on a shelf at gamestop (because SOE is too cool for direct download) and it will spread through our small community!

I'm so getting an SOE tattoo now
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2011-06-09, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Platinumstorm View Post
I don't mean to be a party pooper but Planetside isn't exactly the kind of title to generate buzz at E3, especially against Battlefield and Call of Duty [but mostly Battlefield for PC].
This is what FUCKING INFURIATES me the most, next to Arabs and liberals. And before I launch on some foul-mouthed diatribe, let me assure you and everyone else (especially CryBags) that it has nothing to do with you.

This goddamn game is SO revolutionary. It's the only one of its kind. Then you have snot-nosed cocksuckers like Hi-Rez claiming that their Global Agenda game is an MMO. NO THE FUCK IT'S NOT. IT'S A GODDAMN LOBBY FOR INSTANCES. Battlefield series? Server-based e-sports. Call of Duty? Server-based e-sports. Oooooh wicked! 64 people on a server! ZOMG!

Wow. Sixty-four people. That's uh... yeah. I remember when my outfit alone filled up two full platoons and our alliance could pop-lock a continent by itself. Wow, sixty-four, yeah that's certainly something to pop a boner over. Oh but no, not a goddamn person knows about Planetside because fucking SOE and its shitty fucking marketing team and those cocksucking ELVES with their fruity little pointy shoes and tree-hugging Canadian Liberal mentality. I mean... WHAT THE FUCK SOE? They could absolutely DESTROY any competition with a simple ad:

"Sixty-four? Some people are underachievers. Welcome to the big league: PLANETSIDE."
Old 2011-06-09, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Zapalot
Private

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
This is what FUCKING INFURIATES me the most, next to Arabs and liberals. And before I launch on some foul-mouthed diatribe, let me assure you and everyone else (especially CryBags) that it has nothing to do with you.

This goddamn game is SO revolutionary. It's the only one of its kind. Then you have snot-nosed cocksuckers like Hi-Rez claiming that their Global Agenda game is an MMO. NO THE FUCK IT'S NOT. IT'S A GODDAMN LOBBY FOR INSTANCES. Battlefield series? Server-based e-sports. Call of Duty? Server-based e-sports. Oooooh wicked! 64 people on a server! ZOMG!

Wow. Sixty-four people. That's uh... yeah. I remember when my outfit alone filled up two full platoons and our alliance could pop-lock a continent by itself. Wow, sixty-four, yeah that's certainly something to pop a boner over. Oh but no, not a goddamn person knows about Planetside because fucking SOE and its shitty fucking marketing team and those cocksucking ELVES with their fruity little pointy shoes and tree-hugging Canadian Liberal mentality. I mean... WHAT THE FUCK SOE? They could absolutely DESTROY any competition with a simple ad:

"Sixty-four? Some people are underachievers. Welcome to the big league: PLANETSIDE."
I pretty much love you, please give birth to my child.

Beside that, your right in every point, ppl wount compare Diablo to WoW.
Old 2011-06-09, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Zapalot View Post
I pretty much love you, please give birth to my child.

Beside that, your right in every point, ppl wount compare Diablo to WoW.
Even though I love Diablo 2 more than I will ever love WoW
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-06-09, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
TheRealStinky
PSU VIP

lmao, Truly awesome rant!
Old 2011-06-09, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Raymac
Brigadier General

You captured my exact thoughts far more....poetically than I could have. Planetside is one of kind. If it wasn't, we'd all probably be playing the other game right now with the way SOE has jerked us around the last 8 years.

I still don't understand what the game developers see that we don't. For me, it's as simple as algebra.
MMOs = Great $uccess (see WoW)
FPS = Great $uccess (see COD and BF)
MMOFPS = Mega $uper Awesome Happy Fun Time Great $ucess!

And yet, here we are, at the end of E3, 8 years after Planetside, and still nothing. I just don't understand it.
Old 2011-06-09, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Redshift
Major

FUCKING FUCK ZOMG! FUCK SOE? DESTROY (QFT)

a simple ad:
Does anyone still have a copy of that player made ad for PS, that thing was fantastic,

EDIT, nevermind found it ^_^

Last edited by Redshift; 2011-06-09 at 12:06 PM.
Old 2011-06-09, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Vaner
Private

:

OMG, If I was homosexual..........
I came back to this forum, just to respond to this post. Sony fucking sucks big dick. They fucked up. Im not even sure if there will be a PSU next in the future. That Sony guy who post on this site. That ass hat was part of the deception.
Old 2011-06-09, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

64 players? There you go .. 64 in the tanks alone!

But what does that help, if the new game doesn't come out (yet). I'd rather play BF3 with 64 players than ... well .. nothing.
Old 2011-06-09, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
SavageB
First Sergeant

I didint like that Canadian remark too much...were not all tree hugging fgts lol...However I do very much agree with the rest of the comments.
Old 2011-06-10, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by SRxRedshift View Post
Does anyone still have a copy of that player made ad for PS, that thing was fantastic,
EDIT, nevermind found it ^_^
I like the line "Advancing Background Story" lol, I don't mind if the cross that one out of development to help everything else along.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2011-06-10, 03:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

1. Stop Talking about Crap Field 3 and whatever, nobody cares about that stuff.

2. S O E FAN FAIRE

Soon you get your infos. E3 is for consoles, nobody gives a crap about E3...
Old 2011-06-10, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by basti View Post

2. S O E FAN FAIRE

What makes you so sure we'll hear anything from Fan Faire? They are advertising overpriced tickets on the Planetside website? You can't be that naive.

Oh yeah, and I'll be sure to pass on your wisdom to Bioware that E3 is for consoles only. And I'm definitely going to have to get a memo out to the entire gaming press since they seem to give a pretty major crap about E3.

But whatever, you're better than the rest of us for not hoping to hear something about PS2 by now. I'll keep having my childish pity party until I hear some news, then I'll over-hype it and the cycle will continue.

Last edited by Raymac; 2011-06-10 at 03:18 AM.
Old 2011-06-10, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by basti View Post

2. S O E FAN FAIRE

Yes .. why would they announce Planetside on the E3, when they could instead announce it on the awesome SOE Fanfaire to all the Everquest players?! The funny thing is, that's probably what is going to happen. But don't expect much beyond "We are working on this game now".

And before I forget: BATTLEFIELD 3, BATTLEFIELD 3, BATTLEFIELD 3, ....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion