Greetings! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm winning in this Grief point thing!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-09, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Talking Greetings!

Hey PSU!

As you may have surmised I'm Matt Higby, the creative director for Planetside 2. I've been lurking on these boards for a long time and I'm really stoked to finally be able to talk about Planetside 2 outside the confines of our office.

As is often the case with these things, our revelation of Planetside 2 and some of the systems and features of the game has spawned even more questions than it answered. I'll definitely be around to clarify some points where I can and I'm looking forward to being able to give you guys some direct, exclusive looks into the development process for the game in the near future as well.

I've been really happy to see that the majority of the folks on this board are excited by what we've revealed and I'm sure that as we start showing you guys more of where we're heading that some of the holdouts will come around too. We've got a solid direction with PS2 that the team is really excited about and things are really coming together amazingly well.

Anyways, I just wanted to pop in, introduce myself and let you know that this is an incredibly important community to us and we are here and we are listening.

Thanks all, until next time!
Old 2011-07-09, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: Greetings!

Wasssuup. Yay for dev-community interaction. Looking forward to our concerns being addressed.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-07-09 at 04:14 PM.
Old 2011-07-09, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Hail and well met! Thanks for stopping by our humble abode - we hope you feel welcome.

We are for the most part excited about this game. Those less so will come around as the details about it emerge, I am sure!

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2011-07-09, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Hey, Higby. It's nice to seem some interaction for a change.

I have a question regarding inventories. Will they still be in the game? Are we going to be able to make our own loadouts with as much ammo/medkits/grenades as we want? I know that you're using a class based system now, which still puzzles me a bit...

Are the classes going to have a predefined loadout for you to use? Are we still going to have equipment terminals and favorites we can make?
Old 2011-07-09, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post
Hey, Higby. It's nice to seem some interaction for a change.

I have a question regarding inventories. Will they still be in the game? Are we going to be able to make our own loadouts with as much ammo/medkits/grenades as we want? I know that you're using a class based system now, which still puzzles me a bit...

Are the classes going to have a predefined loadout for you to use? Are we still going to have equipment terminals and favorites we can make?
Ooh, good question. I'll be really sad if we don't have inventories and loadouts. It was always fun to have to scavenge for stuff like ammo and medkits, and I will be really sad if we cannot pick up enemy weapons.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-07-09 at 04:17 PM.
Old 2011-07-09, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Welcome Higby!

Just tell me, what faction are you?
Old 2011-07-09, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Welcome Higby!

Here's to hoping he's TR, since the rest of the devs seem to be VS and NC!
Old 2011-07-09, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
klu
Corporal

welcome, and i gotta say the more i hear about the territory system the more i like it, sounds like a serious improvement over ps. i have a vs question, in ps we were told we had longer ttk weapons in exchange for being the 'mobility empire'. with jump jets and seaborne combat for all empires does this mean the vs will get rifles that can actually kill stuff? will all empires get flying maxes?
Old 2011-07-09, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
HunterMaximus
Private

I realize this isn't really a Q&A session, but I think one thing a lot of people around here would like is a few more details on the mechanics of the skills system and the timer, how it relates to BR and the old cert system.

I was happy to see in one of the Fan Faire sessions you appreciated the beauty of the PS 1 cert system, so I (and I think many others) are very curious how the new system differs and how it retains the strengths of the old system.
Old 2011-07-09, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dreamcast
Major

Welcome....quick question

Are you guys considering headshots?

Actually I want headshots......Perhaps sacrific your accuracy and rate of fire for headshots using the weapon mods you guys talked about.

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2011-07-09 at 06:37 PM.
Old 2011-07-09, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
razor851
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

I love your hair.
Old 2011-07-09, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Planetside View Post
Welcome....quick question

Are you guys considering headshots?
please no. The actual combat pace of planetside 1 was perfect, in my opinion.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-07-09 at 04:30 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-09, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Welcome Higby!

Well, I tend to be rebellious and a bit of a loose cannon and so I've always played NC in the past... but, since I've been running a design team I'm starting to see the practical appeal of strict authoritarian discipline and TR is looking mighty appealing...
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-09, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by razor851 View Post
I love your hair.
Hah, thanks. Maybe if I show my wife your comment she'll let me keep it.
Old 2011-07-09, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Well, I tend to be rebellious and a bit of a loose cannon and so I've always played NC in the past... but, since I've been running a design team I'm starting to see the practical appeal of strict authoritarian discipline and TR is looking mighty appealing...
TR? NC? Go die in a fire. :P

And tell T-Ray that he is ONE SEXY BEAST! GO VANU GO!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion