News: Matt Higby doing a Q&A at reddit! - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of stupid quotes!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-10, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Tvayda
Private

Re: Matt higby doing a q&a at redit!

I don't have a reddit account and it seems people were posting questions for others if someone would be kind enough to post this for me, I'd appreciate it. So here goes:

I've been a PS1 player for years on and off, and have always been heavy into the AirCav side of things since I have always wanted to be and am now in the process of becoming a pilot for the Air Force so my questions are all about Aircraft stuff for PS2.
1: When it was mentioned in the Q&A that aircraft will have real physics and be able to do barrel rolls and loops and stuff, does that also include galaxies being able to drop their rear ramp and let whatever they are carrying be able to fire out the back and then just roll out and deploy a 'chute or landing jets or w/e you all decide to use if they wanted?
2: How realistic is this physics engine? I mean, a 747 can technically do a barrel roll in real life (its been done, ive seen it), granted while losing tons of altitude and with no passengers, so will galaxies/other large aircraft function the same way?
3: will all aircraft still be VTOL (vertical take off/landing) like in PS1?
4: What will the altitude ceiling be like/ how will it function? Meaning will it be like in PS1 where it immediately forces you down, or will it be more realistic where it stalls your aircraft and you eventually start falling out of the sky and need to restart the engine or eject?
5: In some of the art shown for PS2 there are giant flying fortresses like in BF2142 with the titans, will those actually be in game?

And I think I'm done for now. Thanks again for deciding to make PS2, I'm really stoked about it and good luck with development.

And thanks to whoever reddits this (if anyone does).
Old 2011-07-10, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Bags
Lieutenant General

Higby is back!
Old 2011-07-10, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

MOAR INFOS!
Old 2011-07-10, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Bags
Lieutenant General

Updated my second post.
Old 2011-07-10, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

As you propably follow this here as well higby:

There aren't animations for getting into or out of vehicles.

DUDE! NOT COOL!
And if you guys need 3 more month to put those animations in, they really are nessesary to let planetside be planetside. That stuff really really was awesome in planetside, and we want it back!
Old 2011-07-10, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Bags
Lieutenant General

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

I put it in a google docs. Someone let me know if it works.
Old 2011-07-10, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Bags
Lieutenant General

Oh god, I want this!

"12 - The spirit of the design is to let you unlock some really cool, unique bonuses through outfit specialization. Here's a completely fabricated, not-actually-in-the-game-so-please-don't-expect-it-to-be-or-call-me-a-liar-when-it's-not example: Your heavy armor focused outfit can unlock the ability to use seige mode on your vanguards, now you can setup outside a base, deploy your tanks and while suffering a firing rate penalty you can attack over a greater distance with aoe bombardments. This is ability would be completely unique to NC outfits that have specialized in heavy armor."

lol
Old 2011-07-10, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by basti View Post
As you propably follow this here as well higby:

There aren't animations for getting into or out of vehicles.

DUDE! NOT COOL!
And if you guys need 3 more month to put those animations in, they really are nessesary to let planetside be planetside. That stuff really really was awesome in planetside, and we want it back!
What?!?! Seriously?!?! PS NEEDS THE ANIMATIONS!!!! It was a very cool part of the immersion and it also stopped the idiotic and lame instant hopping in and out of vehicles you get in BF. And thats paired with switching gunner seats without gettin out, a terrible idea that has no place in PS either. In BF it was very lame, I would drive my vehicle in switch to a gunner seat and roast people while coasting forward then switch back and drive away. Or drive into a fight, instantly bail out, shooting the second i bailed with my rifle as they are still shooting my vehicle. Most often klling them before they realize i got out, then run back over and get back in the vehicle and leave. Its idiotic to say the least.
Old 2011-07-10, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Oh god, I want this!

"12 - The spirit of the design is to let you unlock some really cool, unique bonuses through outfit specialization. Here's a completely fabricated, not-actually-in-the-game-so-please-don't-expect-it-to-be-or-call-me-a-liar-when-it's-not example: Your heavy armor focused outfit can unlock the ability to use seige mode on your vanguards, now you can setup outside a base, deploy your tanks and while suffering a firing rate penalty you can attack over a greater distance with aoe bombardments. This is ability would be completely unique to NC outfits that have specialized in heavy armor."

lol
Sounds like they just need to put artillery in. Kind of over the top for a mod to a tank.
Old 2011-07-10, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
LostSoul

Originally Posted by BorisBlade View Post
Sounds like they just need to put artillery in. Kind of over the top for a mod to a tank.
Works quite well in Starcraft 2
Old 2011-07-10, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Bags
Lieutenant General

Siege tanks would be beyond badass.
Old 2011-07-10, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Siege tanks would be beyond badass.

OMG, that is a dream come true for a Vanguard driver like me. I hope this will happen.

Have to say that they are really catching up for lost time and are answering a lot of questions.

Impressive and nothing you see that often with other games. At least not this kind of communication with the community.

Five stars to you Matt.
NEED UPDATES!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-10, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by BorisBlade View Post
Keep in mind, that's just a totally off the cuff example of the types of interesting mechanics we're thinking about adding to the outfit progression lines. I don't want to give away actual designs too early, so I'm just pulling fake ones out of thin air.
Old 2011-07-10, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Keep in mind, that's just a totally off the cuff example of the types of interesting mechanics we're thinking about adding to the outfit progression lines. I don't want to give away actual designs too early, so I'm just pulling fake ones out of thin air.
It's too late for that, disclaimers be damned siege tanks are now canon in PS2.

Old 2011-07-10, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Higby View Post

Aw crap.

I knew it was to good to be true.
NEED UPDATES!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion