Station Fee for Outfit Creation - Page 32 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: How do I join the Common Pool Faction?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-04, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #466
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Re: Station Fee for Outfit Creation

Sounds good then... I'll be paying the monthly sub anyways. Can't be arsed to create an outfit though.

No, I shall stand! Sitting is for the weak and feeble.
Old 2012-07-04, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #467
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
News:

Vangaurd's "Free to Play. Your Way." conversion details have been released.

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/ne...n=News&id=1424

You must be a monthly subscriber ($14.99 for the game or $19.99 All Access Pass) to create a guild, but anyone can join a guild.

Well, I guess SOE thinks that creating a guild in an MMO is worth $15. Congratulations OP, you've successfully wasted our money.

/tiphat
I wasn't aware that Vanguard also had the sub requirement for guilds. I knew already that DCUO did. What I don't know about them (cause I haven't tried to make a guild on either) is does the guild require that the leader be subbed to keep it open after it's been created?
Old 2012-07-04, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #468
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
I wasn't aware that Vanguard also had the sub requirement for guilds. I knew already that DCUO did. What I don't know about them (cause I haven't tried to make a guild on either) is does the guild require that the leader be subbed to keep it open after it's been created?
I'm not sure about that, but I would assume the answer is no.

As for Vanguard, its free to play conversion hasn't been released yet, but they released the payment model to the public yesterday and this was in it. Given how this F2P conversion is happening right now, it's indicative of SOE's feelings on the matter of guild creation. I guess I had them all wrong, in my thinking that SOE put the community before the dollar sign.

No matter how one tries to spin it, less is always less. When it comes to charging to make a player associate that persists after log out, you're simply knee capping the player base of your own game, by giving people less of an incentive to make emotional ties to the game. Most people won't be willing to pay for one, many other people will be elitist jerks with theirs, because they paid for it, and at the end of the day a lot people will just stop logging in, because the game doesn't mean anything to them.

Oh well, not my game to ruin I suppose.
Old 2012-07-04, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #469
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
No matter how one tries to spin it, less is always less. When it comes to charging to make a player associate that persists after log out, you're simply knee capping the player base of your own game, by giving people less of an incentive to make emotional ties to the game. Most people won't be willing to pay for one, many other people will be elitist jerks with theirs, because they paid for it, and at the end of the day a lot people will just stop logging in, because the game doesn't mean anything to them.

Oh well, not my game to ruin I suppose.
I don't share the same viewpoint. I don't see how restricting guild/outfit creation to a paid sub is all that bad. So the ones that don't have a sub just join the existing groups that are created. What so bad about that? If the urge is so great to have your own group then buy a sub. I wonder if only one person has to have a sub or you have to have a minimum # of people with a sub to create. Or just one sub and min # of people, sub or not.

Last edited by Crator; 2012-07-04 at 11:23 AM.
Old 2012-07-04, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #470
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
I have never made, nor would I ever make a baseless claim. When I absolutely know something, I speak in absolutes. Higby said to me that outfit creation will likely be free and probably limited to 100. You'll be able to increase your number of slots.

I still support a fee to create an outfit and as I have said many times, anything can change as development continues.

Now stew may rant about how he has violated his own rights since all of that should of been free. SOE should have purchased his new cards well.
Just throwing my hat in here - personally I don't have a problem paying money to increase the size of my outfit. Most larger outfits have paypal accounts. I guess it depends on how much it would cost.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2012-07-04, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #471
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
I don't share the same viewpoint. I don't see how restricting guild/outfit creation to a paid sub is all that bad. So the ones that don't have a sub just join the existing groups that are created. What so bad about that? If the urge is so great to have your own group then buy a sub. I wonder if only one person has to have a sub or you have to have a minimum # of people with a sub to create. Or just one sub and min # of people, sub or not.
It's pretty simple. If guilds cost money, the game will end up with two types of guilds:

1. (Majority) Exclusive guilds that only let certain people in and who shun those not in their guild.

2. (Minority) Benevolent, yet directionless guilds that let anyone in and have little to no leadership structure.

There will few, if any social guilds, which is pretty fucking stupid for the social construct that is an MMO.
Old 2012-07-04, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #472
cHaM
Private

Charging to create an outfit is a fucking horrible idea.
Old 2012-07-04, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #473
Slide Surveyor
Corporal

Originally Posted by cHaM View Post
Charging to create an outfit is a fucking horrible idea.
This.

Last edited by Slide Surveyor; 2012-07-04 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Capitalization
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion