removable name tags? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where the computer watches you
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-25, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
AdmiralPeanuts
Private

removable name tags?

I was just wondering if there will be a client-side command to remove the name tags over people's heads like in rtcw and sof2. I hate the fact that you can't take the nametags off on bf1942, its so distracting and just makes the game look too kiddish. I like to have as little cluster on the screen as possible, cause i love realism. The game doesn't even have to play realistically (as i imagine ps won't because its set in the future) but just as long as the look is there i'm fine with it. It actually got to the point where i removed the hud and even the crosshair in DoD and it made me even better (somehow). The screenshots and movies that don't have the annoying name tags look so much cooler than the ones that do. It'd also be better because there have been so many times in bf1942 that i have been able to shoot someone across the map cause i can see their little red name above their head, and i've also gotten shot that way too. It basically ruins all strategic hiding places. Anyway, anyone know if the devs are planning on making removeable name tags clientside or will they leave it up to the server?
Old 2003-02-25, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

An enemy can only see your nametag/health if they have advanced targeting, if that helps.
Old 2003-02-25, 11:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Saint
Captain

They can see your clan tag, but no name or health unless they have advanced targeting.
Old 2003-02-26, 02:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

The tag system has been explained as stated above, but they have never mentioned a toggle system for name tags. I would like it implemented though since tags are a form of resource drain on your computer, more then you would expect, and the ability to turn them off would be nice. I also personally find them at some points just visual spam. You know what your enemy looks like, and you know what your friendlies look like.... not much a tag does for you.
Old 2003-02-26, 04:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
mikkyT
Contributor
First Lieutenant

In EverQuest you could turn names off clientside, so that you just saw people and their names where not displayed, if you clicked them you could still see their name.

I guess this will be in the PS options, thou it won't affect how other people see you, just how you see other people!
Old 2003-02-26, 04:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
mikkyT
Contributor
First Lieutenant

However guild tags where not toggled, it was all or nothing - eg name and guild or just nothing (unless they where not in one!)
Old 2003-03-09, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
AdmiralPeanuts
Private

bump
Old 2003-03-09, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by AdmiralPeanuts
bump
Why did you bump it?
There is no new info.
You have all the info we have.