THE solution for Darklight. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The word of the day is "queeb"
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-08-18, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Boomer
First Sergeant

THE solution for Darklight.

Well, all this complaining about Darklight is giving me a headache. I hate DL as a cloaker, and I think it should be removed. But, since all the noobs in Rexo's will complain, here is my solution for Darklight for us cloakers.

IDEA: A cert called "Stealthing" and "Advanced Stealthing"

Stealthing: 3 certs: Gives you a more "Advanced" infiltration suit, which is harder to spot with the naked Eye, and also makes you harder to spot with DL, for example, if you have this certification, then the range of which DL is affective is shortened. So if you are 5 m away from an DL abuser then he cant see you until you are -5 m away.

Advanced Stealthing: 2 certs: Makes you completely invisible to the Naked eye. Makes it so that DL users have to have DL on for 5 seconds for you to appear, and you have to be within 4 m of your target. Makes you impervious to Spitfires but not Motion sensors or anything else.

I believe this will completely solve the issue with Darklight. It will solve the problem with Noobs in vehicles, Darklight flashing, and all the other nonsense. Please discuss.

[EDIT: Nerf COMPLETELY invisible. No one wants that.]

Last edited by Boomer; 2004-08-18 at 09:24 PM.
Old 2004-08-18, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Boomer
Advanced Stealthing: 2 certs: Makes you completely invisible to the Naked eye. Makes it so that DL users have to have DL on for 5 seconds for you to appear, and you have to be within 4 m of your target. Makes you impervious to Spitfires but not Motion sensors or anything else.
Quite simply, no. The rest is borderline, but completely invisible is a definate
Old 2004-08-18, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Man, you know how bad it sounds to hear ppl call Rexotanks noobs...I miss Surgile at least I wasnt a noob back then.

Old 2004-08-18, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Spee
Colonel

We'll stop killing you if you stop being a really irritating trip back to the spawn tubes.

Its a game of who gets caught first. If you catch us off guard, we die. If we catch you with DL, you die. Balanced, as far as I see.

I can stealth for over an hour and not get rexospammed by HA. Darklight isnt a problem.
Old 2004-08-18, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Boomer
First Sergeant

no, this is an issue. Thats not how the game works. The idea of being an infiltraitor is to INFILTRATE. Not to Get DL flickered by a Guy in Rexo with HA.

Im not saying a guy in rexo with DL is a Noob, Im saying it is incredibly unfair.

Dont get me wrong, I am an excellent cloaker, and I am barely ever killed. I average 20/5 in the 30-50 minutes I play before planetside freezes. I kill about 6 rexos per hour. Most of which I do not catch by surprise, and kill with my MAGscatter. I have advanced targeting, and usually attack those that are wounded, but only attack when I am in danger. I usually just like to drop gens and spawns. Then hack the CC while they are distracted, and mess with the enemy whilst getting kills and dropping morale.

The best time was when i was in a vanu tech plant, I dropped the gen, hacked the CC, dropped the gen again, then went up to the air terminal, killed 5 with one boomer, knifed a guy repairing the terminal, hacked the CC Again, then my clan finally showed up and we captured the base, stopping the zerg.

My point, is that I am not a bad cloaker. I just think this will even it out a bit. I will spend those cert points to be more stealthy.
Old 2004-08-18, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Boomer, you obviously don't get the game here. You bring up a point, and then somebody claims that you either suck at cloaking or that you are playing a cloaker wrong. Then they 'back up' this point by making a ridiculous or unrelated claim about their own prowess. We don't appreciate facts around here.
Old 2004-08-18, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Spee
Colonel

Originally Posted by Madcow
We don't appreciate facts around here.

By facts you mean an opinion and a claim of his own prowess, followed by a battle story? Rock hard evidence.

Now, I didnt mean to offend, or imply that you were bad at cloaking. Im simply stating that I hadly ever get flickered, and to my experience, folks only flicker when they -think- theres an infiltrator about.

And most times, when I see some people bitching about "flickering" its cause they did some -really- dumb to arouse suspicion. AMP/Beamer/Magscat/Repeater round, boomer going off, standing in the middle of a hallway, etc.
Old 2004-08-18, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Spee
By facts you mean an opinion and a claim of his own prowess, followed by a battle story? Rock hard evidence.

Now, I didnt mean to offend, or imply that you were bad at cloaking. Im simply stating that I hadly ever get flickered, and to my experience, folks only flicker when they -think- theres an infiltrator about.

And most times, when I see some people bitching about "flickering" its cause they did some -really- dumb to arouse suspicion. AMP/Beamer/Magscat/Repeater round, boomer going off, standing in the middle of a hallway, etc.
I'm sorry, Spee, but stories about going an hour without anybody flickering DL are one of three things.

1. An outright lie/exaggeration.
2. A fluke going against a platoon of idiots/people who don't play like the other 99% of Planetside.
3. Somebody operating so far away from others that it doesn't apply to the majority of us who enjoy mixing it up.

Really, the stories get exhausting. I can do absolutely nothing for an extended period of time, not even move, and have somebody run up to me like they knew I was there and blast me in the face. It happens nightly. It has absolutely nothing to do with caution. And it happens every time I log on. That's why I have a hard time listening when people talk about not getting DL'd in an hour. That's absurd, period. To say that people only 'flicker' when they suspect an infil is about is absurd, and makes me think we aren't even playing the same game. It's a fact of gameplay, people run around and flicker the implant on a regular basis. They will do it far less often in a firefight, but will still do it. I'm good at cloaking. I know for a fact Boomer is too, I've fought in battles against him before. So either I have no idea what a good cloaker is, or you're the all time God of cloakers and should be writing a manual.
Old 2004-08-18, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Spee
Colonel

Flickering is not as common as you think. I hardly ever flicker when I play tank(only using it in situation where I've already listed) and Im damn sure most of my outfitmates never flicker, either.

As per idiots, I was facing NC. But thats irrelevant.

maybe Im just lucky, but I have never had an issue with flickering. The only times when I get killed, are doing something stupid, or when Ive been plasma'd. Ive moved in with a squad of cloakers, and have never been subject to this "rampant" flickering you speak of.

And while Im not saying ti doesnt happen, Im saying that either I'm lucky as a cloaker, or tales are being exaggerated. I dont question yours, or Boomers capabilities, mainly because Ive never seen you play. but I cant say I can take all the complaints with a grain of salt, mainly because I dont recall ever being subjected to the act very often.
Old 2004-08-19, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Jesus...if they implemented that you could spend every cert point up to BR20 on infiltration...
Old 2004-08-18, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Cauldron Borne
Captain

Just get rid of DLV flicker/3rd Person DL view, and I'll be happy for the rest of my PlanetSide-gaming days...

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-08-18, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
skeet270
Private

what if the fictional advanced suit had properties simaliar to that of the one in C&C Renegade where it is invisible up to a certain distance i'd didn't mind those in that old game. I no im risking being called a noob or sumthing of that nature of what is rexo.

Last edited by skeet270; 2004-08-18 at 11:21 PM.
Old 2004-08-19, 09:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sputty
Banned

cough*jammers*cough

Seriously, it's not hard to throw a jammer or two in before you run in
Old 2004-08-19, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Cauldron Borne
Captain

Like i said before:

Get rid of DLV 3rd Person (it IS an EYE implant) and flickering (c'mon, i can't even turn on/off adv regen that fast). Do this, and the good cloakers will be happy. If you have to leave DLV on for even THREE SECONDS or maybe FIVE then it will at least have a negative side to it's use.

I've cloaked full time since release. I've had CE since before release. I can get 4-5 kills on a life while cloaking, but i still find it annoying that people randomly flicker DLV as they walk through the halls. I can speak from experience. It does happen. It doesn't happen a lot, but it does. And EVERYONE (or almost everyone) uses the 3rd person dlv thing. kinda lame that you can use an eye implant in third person.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-08-19, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Boomer
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Cauldron Borne
Like i said before:

Get rid of DLV 3rd Person (it IS an EYE implant) and flickering (c'mon, i can't even turn on/off adv regen that fast). Do this, and the good cloakers will be happy. If you have to leave DLV on for even THREE SECONDS or maybe FIVE then it will at least have a negative side to it's use.

I've cloaked full time since release. I've had CE since before release. I can get 4-5 kills on a life while cloaking, but i still find it annoying that people randomly flicker DLV as they walk through the halls. I can speak from experience. It does happen. It doesn't happen a lot, but it does. And EVERYONE (or almost everyone) uses the 3rd person dlv thing. kinda lame that you can use an eye implant in third person.
Amen. But you dont think that this would help at all? It sure would add a negative to Darklight, without touching it. And it would also make to role of an infiltrator more appeling.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion