Improvement: AGM Unguided bombs - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: sig bot told me to F%#K off when nobody was looking ????
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-02-07, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
SDaxxter
Private

AGM Unguided bombs

The small aircrafts like Reaver and Mosquito could use an upgrade.

We have guided and unguided missiles, but I'm missing the unguided AGM, like in almost every sim (the GBU for example). Could use a small "expansion slot", maybe 1 or 2 shots. Not more than the C4 amounts. I'm no friend of the Cepher, because it's uber-annoying. But a real "Bomb" could be fun.

And/or at least the possibility to choose between anti-tank, anti-infantry or " for unguided Missiles, as it's already fit for rocketlaunchers, tanks and bombers. Why not for the lightweights?

I thought of some annoying thing which could hit me when I'm sitting all safe behind the frontlines, doing some scouting and then whoosh *boom* - gone. Could be a nice present too, if you're too damaged to escape, but leaving nice presents on enemy territory
Old 2013-02-07, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Re: AGM Unguided bombs

I would love this ideas. Reminds of fighters in WWII. Often enough, fighters like the P40 would carry small 200-400 lbs bombs for just in case they were needed. And I know that fighters today do the same thing. Just look at the F/A 22 Raptor and and the good ol' F-14 Tomcat. Both are absolutely amazing fighters, but can switch to a smaller "bomber" role in a heartbeat. Do they omit this ability in the future? Or do they keep it. Come on SOE, admit it, you need to add this
Old 2013-02-07, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ApolloAbove
Private

I would much rather keep ESF as limited to their role of air supriority as possible. However, I'd very much like to see the Liberator role expanded. The current turreted design is a very static gunship image compared to it's depiction as a bomber. I would much like to see them take away the turret and add a number of UGBL's to be dropped by the gunner. It would add a very unique carpet bombing mechanic to the bomber, and give purpose to the system of resupply and repair, instead of having it be just repair.
Old 2013-02-07, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Frozenland
Private

Originally Posted by ApolloAbove View Post
I would much rather keep ESF as limited to their role of air supriority as possible. However, I'd very much like to see the Liberator role expanded. The current turreted design is a very static gunship image compared to it's depiction as a bomber. I would much like to see them take away the turret and add a number of UGBL's to be dropped by the gunner. It would add a very unique carpet bombing mechanic to the bomber, and give purpose to the system of resupply and repair, instead of having it be just repair.
LOL this was exactly how Liberators used to be in PlanetSide1

It is good as you can always hit much stuff once you drop the bomb. Hard part is to get to the air above the stuff you want to bomb.
Current rendering and blast radius issues have limited the liberator from massive killing.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault