Improvement: AV/AA Weapons Changes - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: could use some salt.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-02-07, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

AV/AA Weapons Changes

Post deleted.

Last edited by ShadetheDruid; 2013-02-08 at 06:04 PM.
Old 2013-02-08, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Re: AV/AA Weapons Changes

Post deleted.

Last edited by ShadetheDruid; 2013-02-08 at 06:05 PM.
Old 2013-02-08, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rothnang
Major

I seriously dislike that every Anti Air weapon has to be able to hit an ESF, while still being the best possible thing to use on other Aircraft because it makes Liberators and Galaxies damn near unable to defend themselves against them.

The difference in size and maneuverability of the target is so huge, there should be a difference in what it takes to effectively attack it as well. That's true for ground vehicles, there is no reason why it shouldn't be true for air vehicles.

Also your ideas on Liberator weapons are terrible, they are fine as they are. The Shredder is amazing as it is, with your ideas it would be the only Liberator weapon worth using.

Last edited by Rothnang; 2013-02-08 at 01:55 PM.
Old 2013-02-08, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Post deleted.

Last edited by ShadetheDruid; 2013-02-08 at 06:05 PM.
Old 2013-02-08, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SGOniell
First Sergeant

You're trying to compare apples to oranges with the heat guns on the tanks to the libby. And no lock on missiles would just suck, ESF's would be almost invincible safe flak and straight up guns, but there are too many times fighting on Indar where they come in low on the canyon, then quickly dive in, spray rockets, and are gone. No time to compensate, just try to lock on and get them on the way out. Even then its tough.
Old 2013-02-08, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rothnang
Major

Originally Posted by ShadetheDruid View Post
What they lack in maneuverability, they make up for with health. If there were no lockons, they'd actually have an easier time, because there's actually be a chance for the projectile to miss (due to bad aim on the launcher's part or good maneuvering on the pilot's).
They would have an easier time, yes, but saying that the extra HP makes up for the loss of maneuverability and having a five times larger vehicle is simply wrong. If that logic held up you should be able to damage a tank with your pistol. It's got more HP than infantry, so that makes up for being a huge target right?

The fact that all aircraft are vulnerable to the same weapons is a balance problem. Having 3 times more HP does not make up for being a designated target for a weapon designed to shoot something one fifth your size, with easily triple your maneuverability.

If we're going to ever get a good overhaul of AA weapons that's the most important thing that should be addressed.

Unless i'm missing something, people still use HEAT despite there being AP and HE. The AP cannons don't have splash damage and therefore suck against infantry, people still use them. HE cannons don't do much to armour (well, they still do too much, but that's another issue), people still use them. Focusing the Liberator weapons into actual roles doesn't hurt them in any way.
What you seem to be missing here is that HE/AP/HEAT are all cannons. They are variations on the same thing. You simply want to grab 3 completely different weapons and force them into roles while being completely ignorant of them already having a heavily defined role through their completely different damage delivery method.

What you're proposing would be the same as taking the lightning, getting rid of all the Pythons except for AP, making the Viper unable to damage tanks, and giving the Skyguard universal damage.

Last edited by Rothnang; 2013-02-08 at 02:38 PM.
Old 2013-02-08, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Note to self: never make posts about air vehicles ever again.

Old 2013-02-08, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SGOniell
First Sergeant

Note to self: never make posts about air vehicles ever again.

and perhaps be a man and leave up the posts.
Old 2013-02-09, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rothnang
Major

Hey man, don't delete your posts. You had some good points in there. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they don't appreciate you sparking a conversation about the topic.

Disagreement isn't adversity, it's the crucible of good ideas.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault