Gameplay: how to stop the ghost capping - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Go ahead sir!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2014-02-14, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zadexin
Corporal

how to stop the ghost capping

I made a post about this, probably a year ago, but I'm not going to go necroposting so I'm doing it again.

With the advent of the WDS, the ghost cappers are back in force. So once again I would like to post my ideas on fixing the problem

1)Capture points should degrade if nobody is standing on them. how this works, if a base has 2 capture points and you flip one, as long as the others remain enemy controlled, the second you step off it starts to revert back. This requires a minimum of 2 players to capture an empty base.

2) No base should have 1 capture point. Big bases should be like boss level fights with multiple destructible targets and layers of defense. Some of the new amp stations are a step in the right direction.

3) automated defense turrets. Every turret that is unmanned should have some kind of AI that attacks nearby enemies. This is so basic its laughable. The fact that you can just walk into an empty amp station and hack every turret and console, and destroy every generator with no resistance is ridiculous. Have the AI skill scale with the number of controlled locations even. There are lots of options here.

4) Bots. Every base that is controlled for more than 10 minutes should spawn a number of bots every 10-15 minutes at key points that de-spawn when friendly players enter the area. I know this is a 100% player driven game, but come on. Isn't it better to fight SOMETHING when you get to an empty base than just walk in and camp a cap for 5 minutes? And make them give maybe 10% exp so farming them is a waste of time.

These changes would force ghost cappers to at least be a small unit instead of 1 infiltrator in a mossy.
Thoughts?
Old 2014-02-14, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Re: how to stop the ghost capping

the best way to do it would be make it so a base is only worth as much as how much it was fought over. This way HUGE fights would make a base worth a lot, a ghost cap makes it worth literally NOTHING.

There could even be a modifier so lets say you take a small base and 100 of the enemy die defending it, the base would be worth 100x10=1000 exp. A big base with the same number of people could be say 100x20 so its double the exp.

This actual numbers would need fine tuning but it would encourage people to fight over bases and actively make people want to avoid empty bases.
Old 2014-02-15, 12:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

That ghost capping exists is not the problem. That people actively avoid confrontation is.
Old 2014-02-25, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

As much as I agree that it is annoying, should the devs really prevent people from playing how they want to? What they should do it just make it harder for them, like adding automatic turrets or shields that actually prevent people from getting inside bases.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault