Esamir - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Whiners with credit cards
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-28, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Crator
Major General

Re: Esamir.

Originally Posted by J Baley View Post
Lovely! Sure hope we are not expected to shovel all that snow off the roads...
Pft, I'm bringing my snow plow. Who's got the Zamboni?
Old 2012-09-29, 03:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
Will there be a flat island? Moving around the current island is just too much effort with land vehicles so I don't bother. All the popular islands on Planetside were pretty flat and easy to move around on but so far with Planetside 2 the game just isn't fun. Esamir was pretty flat in Planetside, I hope it isn't like Ceryshen which was the worst.

It also doesn't really help that the vehicle physics suck arse. After the last Battlefield 3 DLC though I'm finding that more fun at doing what Planetside 2 is trying to do.
From what higby said in the interview with the planetside tv guys it will be more vehicle centered with the bases and Hexes being father apart. (He said there are about 20 hexes on the whole map and its the same size as Indar.) If you also look at the map it seems like there are trenches so we could be getting some good old fashion trench warfare.
Old 2012-09-29, 04:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
ITOS
Corporal

Snow chains as a cert?
Old 2012-09-29, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
From what higby said in the interview with the planetside tv guys it will be more vehicle centered with the bases and Hexes being father apart. (He said there are about 20 hexes on the whole map and its the same size as Indar.) If you also look at the map it seems like there are trenches so we could be getting some good old fashion trench warfare.
If that's true, kudos to the DEVs trying different things with hexes! They did tell us they wanted different play styles on different maps for variety.
Old 2012-09-29, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Morsong
Sergeant

Really excited when Esamir hits so I can check out the videos people will post, as I'm not in beta. Can't wait for when PS2 launches though and we'll be able to differentiate between 2-3 continents (depending if the last is in at launch )
Old 2012-09-29, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SUBARU View Post
Is there any flat land on this planet?
You should have driven a magrider
Old 2012-09-29, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Tiberius
Corporal

These are my expectations.

Old 2012-09-29, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Gugabalog
Major

Woo! Trench warfare!

It's the best thing for video games, because it being a game cuts out the misery and boredom of waiting for the cinematic and constant climax of battle!
Old 2012-09-29, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Bags
Lieutenant General

Visually reminds me of extnction.
Old 2012-09-29, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Morsong
Sergeant

Re: Esamir

Can't wait for weather to be implemented. Just imagine playing on Esamir during a thunderstorm at night.. o
Old 2012-09-29, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
cellinaire
Captain

Esamir already looks awesome and can't wait for Amerish and the (eventual) arrival of Searhus!!

(and look who's here.. EVILoHOMER again...lol)
Old 2012-09-30, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
EVILoHOMER
Major

I hope so because I haven't played Planetside 2 for ages, none of my friends like it which makes it hard but the island design is just poor, it's not fun to play right now. I'm hoping they make something a bit more like Planetside where we actually got base sieges cause on Indar it takes forever to travel to a base and when you get there it's over so quickly.
Old 2012-09-30, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
RSphil
Contributor
Major

looking good. cant wait to see what it plays like.
Old 2012-09-30, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Evil Redrum View Post
It's alright a shovel is a soldiers number 1 most useful tool.

The Special Forces Shovel is modeled after the original Soviet Spetznaz shovel. The Spetznaz soldiers made up the most elite unit in the Soviet Army. The U.S. equivalent would be our Green Berets. The shovel head and socket are forged from medium carbon steel, then heat treated for maximum strength. The edges come sharpened to a utility/axe edge that can easily be improved to razor sharpness.

The Special Forces Shovel comes complete with a specially made Cor-Ex sheath. The sheath features an extra wide belt loop. The sheath and the shovel are available for sale as a stand alone items. http://www.coldsteel.com/spshovel.html
Old 2012-09-30, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Levente
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
Will there be a flat island? Moving around the current island is just too much effort with land vehicles so I don't bother. All the popular islands on Planetside were pretty flat and easy to move around on but so far with Planetside 2 the game just isn't fun. Esamir was pretty flat in Planetside, I hope it isn't like Ceryshen which was the worst.

It also doesn't really help that the vehicle physics suck arse. After the last Battlefield 3 DLC though I'm finding that more fun at doing what Planetside 2 is trying to do.
troll alert
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion