What the TR Needs... an open letter to all outfit commanders - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ProSiebenSat.1 the day the world stood still.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Old 2013-07-15, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
OdinsPride
Private

Arrow What the TR Needs... an open letter to all outfit commanders

What the TR needs....

The TR needs to have a mentality reset.
Right now, we have too many players putting themselves above the platoon.. Too many platoons not caring about other platoons. And too many outfits putting themselves above the faction as a whole. We need to get out of this “me first” mentality in order for the TR to really flourish. And it needs to come from the top down if it is going to work.

We are never going to convince everyone that working together is the best course of action. Too many lone wolf players will never make that a reality. Trolls or the casual player will not make this a reality. What we CAN make a reality is that the leaders of as many outfits as possible realize that we will never be as good alone as we are together, and should do everything in their power to pursue that ideal.

Right now, many outfits have either ego problems or strategy problems (explain to me the tactical relevance of suarva bio lab on an amerish tech plant alert). Many people do not see the big picture, or choose not to. Granted, not everyone wants the same things out of PS2, and we should respect that fact. There is a lack of respect among many outfits, and it needs to stop for us to achieve our goals of world domination (and having fun doing it).

If we are going to make this work, everyone (esp the outfit commanders) needs to realize that everyone will be on an equal footing. Name, Size, KD, BR, all these things should not matter. The only thing that we should be focusing on is “How do we make the TR better?” Not, “how do we make (outfit name) better?” The goal is that by working together and making the TR on Connery the envy of all other servers, we will be helping our own outfits at the same time. Players who have a purpose have more fun, and players who have more fun stick around longer, and players who stick around longer contribute more to the outfit, and stronger outfits make for a better TR.

This is what the TR needs.

OdinsPride
Co Founder of The Dread Legion [DL3G]
Old 2013-07-15, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Re: What the TR Needs... an open letter to all outfit commanders

This is cute.
Old 2013-07-15, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Coltorl
Private

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
This is cute.
No, you're cute.

edit: As a side note, what if I am better than most of the TR? Do I still have to listen to them.

Last edited by Coltorl; 2013-07-15 at 08:26 PM.
Old 2013-07-16, 04:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Too many players on Connery TR love their mossi's. I'm guessing that's where this popped up from. Sure mossi's are fun and you have some good players behind 'em.

Yet as it stands for everyone, ESF's aren't what take points.
Old 2013-07-16, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info

I thought he was going to say Batman

Old 2013-07-19, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Alcohol
Private

Hey Odin weren't you that Max that wouldn't leave the spawn room at one of the amp stations the other day but kept blabbering about how people need to leave?

Hope you enjoyed the dozen or so conc nades and C4 to your back.

Last edited by Alcohol; 2013-07-19 at 09:01 AM.
Old 2013-11-05, 12:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Trudeus
Private

TR still needs this. NC struggles with similar issues, but we've been getting better. If TR ever really do make it on to the "global server scale", AKA off of Indar and participating in Alerts, it'd make the game a lot more challenging for NC and VS. I get sick of the NC-VS strategy and counters and so on. Seriously want a third party involved.
Old 2013-11-05, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
snafus
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
Too many players on Connery TR love their mossi's. I'm guessing that's where this popped up from. Sure mossi's are fun and you have some good players behind 'em.

Yet as it stands for everyone, ESF's aren't what take points.
But there are shotguns on the ground......

Old 2013-11-05, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
DredVS
Private

Originally Posted by Alcohol View Post
Hey Odin weren't you that Max that wouldn't leave the spawn room at one of the amp stations the other day but kept blabbering about how people need to leave?

Hope you enjoyed the dozen or so conc nades and C4 to your back.
This guy gets it.

Old 2013-11-07, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

What brought this about?

Having played exclusively on Connery since I first jumped into PS2, it's always seemed to me that the TR are either neck and neck with the VS or slightly behind them on the top of Connery's food chain. Compared to the NC, who was my first character but whom I've since mostly abandoned, Connery's TR outfits are pretty healthy. TRG, TXR and EXE are all pretty solid, well organized outfits. GOLD, MERCs and many of the others are pretty solid too. We don't kick as much ass as the Vanu do (Who earlier in the year were bottom tier but have since really pulled their shit together), but we're a more tangible threat to them then the NC sure as hell are.

Which isn't necessarily to say that the NC don't have good outfits. They do, like X. The problem is that most of their good outfits are too small to have any effect on a continent's grand scheme.
Old 2013-11-08, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
What brought this about?

Having played exclusively on Connery since I first jumped into PS2, it's always seemed to me that the TR are either neck and neck with the VS or slightly behind them on the top of Connery's food chain. Compared to the NC, who was my first character but whom I've since mostly abandoned, Connery's TR outfits are pretty healthy. TRG, TXR and EXE are all pretty solid, well organized outfits. GOLD, MERCs and many of the others are pretty solid too. We don't kick as much ass as the Vanu do (Who earlier in the year were bottom tier but have since really pulled their shit together), but we're a more tangible threat to them then the NC sure as hell are.
So what your trying to say is the speech worked. Good job OP!

http://www.thefortydeuce.com
Old 2013-11-08, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

What I'm saying is that the NC need this speech, not the TR.
Old 2013-11-08, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
What I'm saying is that the NC need this speech, not the TR.
Yes today maybe but at the time of OP's post maybe the TR needed it just as much.

http://www.thefortydeuce.com
Old 2013-11-11, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Trudeus
Private

NC's been coming back the last few weeks during primetime. Yesterday we tied VS on an Amp Station alert 4-4, won a Tech Plant alert 3-2-2, and just won a Biolab alert 6-3 against VShalf an hour ago.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)