PSU: OMG, I got killed by Player!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-10-19, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Civilian
Contributor
Major

Angry If you needed proof that Gamespy will screw you...

A couple of days ago, I received a "receipt" from Paypal stating that my transaction had been processed. So I go check out my account, and there, on my transactions page, are about 3 different transactions from Gamespy charging my bank account for their monthly service.

So, my head begans to explode because I think someone has stolen my paypal account information. I of course, file a claim immediately(after I cancelled the transaction and deleted my bank account) explaining the situation and how I have, at no point, authorized Gamespy to charge my account. After a day I received the following email:

We recently completed our investigation of the transaction below, and came
to the conclusion that the transaction was not unauthorized. As a result,
we are attempting to collect the funds for your failed Instant Transfer
attempt.

When you initiated the Instant Transfer, you chose a Back-up Funding
Source, which you agreed would be charged if the electronic funds transfer
from your bank account failed.

For current information on your account balance and transaction history,
please login to your PayPal account.
At NO point did I "initiate and instant transfer" in order to purchase service from Gamespy. I did buy their service shortly after DC came out, which makes me think, how long has Gamespy been charging my account without authorization?

I guess the worst part of this whole ordeal is that Paypal and Gamespy are in bed with one another, and it certainly benefits Gamespy to continue screwing their customers and I can think of no other reason for Paypal to not only deny my claim, but also prevent the reversal of my transaction and in essence, force me to pay for a service that I never wanted and a transaction I never authorized.

Beware, if you are currently subscribed to Fileplanet or have at any subscribed point, check your credit card statement to make sure they are not continuing or overcharging you.
Old 2003-10-19, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Whoa! Money's getting tighter. This is a must-see.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2003-10-19, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

This is why I don't allow direct withdrawls from my bank account. I use a visa debit card. If a payment looks suspicious or unauthorized Visa jumps all over it. Twice in the past 7 years I've had suspicious transactions on my bank statement and both times my bank cancelled and changed over my account and refunded the money on the same day.
Old 2003-10-19, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bighoss
General

I just got my first credit card, I was gonna get a debit but then i realized I should never ever let somone take money directly from my bank account because most likely it might be some online game like planetside that I stop playing and forget to cancel and end up having to pay for a game I don't play anymore.
Old 2003-10-19, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
TheAngelOfWar
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bighoss
I just got my first credit card, I was gonna get a debit but then i realized I should never ever let somone take money directly from my bank account because most likely it might be some online game like planetside that I stop playing and forget to cancel and end up having to pay for a game I don't play anymore.
this is why its a good idea to immediately cancel after you buy any kind of subscription. most companies let this work. say for PS, you buy 3 months. then cancel. you'll be charged for those 3 months, then have to sign up again when they are over. saves you that 'DOH' if you DO quit.
Old 2003-10-19, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hamma
PSU Admin

This is evil.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-10-19, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

gamespy. That's why I hate them.
Old 2003-10-20, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
EineBeBoP
Contributor
Pns Ndabut

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Strygun
gamespy. That's why I hate them.

I just recived a weird email from them, thanking them for canceling my subscription, and saying they wish i'd come back yadda-yadda-yadda

I never canceled my fileplanet account, so of corse i immediatly check this out.

somehow, they got an email from me asking to cancel it, and i ahd to re-subscribe.

SOoo weird.

o

I have also been paying for a gamespot account for the last 6 months (up until i discovered it 2 months ago) without my knowing it. I coulda SWORN i'd cancled the damn thing >_<
Old 2003-10-20, 05:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
NightWalker XI
Colonel

And thats why I am one of the people who don't pay for GS, Id rather wait in the Q's thanks, at least I won't get ripped off......
Old 2003-10-20, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

well back in the day of when it was like $20 and ur a special member. I had a avatar that was something that JohnnyK would have done and so their banned my account for 3 months wouldnt gimme my money back and didnt warn me. DIE GSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2003-10-20, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
TheAngelOfWar
Sergeant

Originally Posted by EineBeBoP
I just recived a weird email from them, thanking them for canceling my subscription, and saying they wish i'd come back yadda-yadda-yadda

I have also been paying for a gamespot account for the last 6 months (up until i discovered it 2 months ago) without my knowing it. I coulda SWORN i'd cancled the damn thing >_<
woot on the 8 month email delay

here's to gamespy
Old 2003-10-20, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

GameSpy and PayPal have nothing to do with each other. When you sign up for their service you have to manually cancel or it will bill each month. None of their services are one time fees, they are all reoccurring unless you cancel.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge