Xen of Onslaught is back! [NA] - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Submit.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-08, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Qman
Private

Re: Xen of Onslaught is back!

I can't wait to hit the battlefield with Xen of Onslaught again. I have been a member for 9 years and this is where it all started.

Last edited by Qman; 2012-06-08 at 08:49 PM.
Old 2012-06-08, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Dullard
Corporal

The E3 videos only fueled my desire to PLAY THIS GAME!

Magic balloon, won't you take me to my happy place?!
Old 2012-06-08, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
KiddParK
Contributor
Captain

love that balloon!
Old 2012-06-08, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Kythas
Private

Vanu Weather Balloon > Reaver
Old 2012-06-09, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Qman
Private

Balloon of Onslaught?

... YES!
Old 2012-06-09, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
PhoenixDog
First Sergeant

PhoenixDog reporting in for Xen of Onslaught. If people are still interested in a VS outfit there isn't much better choice than us.

I've been a member of this great community for almost 9 years. I was the Air Division Commander for XoO for a couple years back in 2003. I along with the other Divison Commanders were the 3rd in command's for the outfit. It's surprising to see how many old faces not only are returning to the XoO community from PS1, but to see some faces from the game I haven't heard from in a long time.

Originally Posted by UnknownDT View Post
I was Insidious to just clarify lmao. Stopped playing about a year after release to do more outside things and just lost touch with the outfit etc.
Hey man, I remember you! I remember running with you for quite a while before you left. Good to see you back!
Old 2012-06-09, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Qman
Private

Hey Pdog welcome back!

PhoenixDog was one of our legendary members back in the day. He was an amazing Reaver/Mosquito pilot and air tactician regularly leading platoon sized raids for the air division during outfit assaults. This monstrosity was later named "Pdogs Flying Circus". Now you also have to consider this was in addition to the infantry and armor divisions. If you want large coordinated and tactical combat this is the place.

The only thing you had to make sure of is that you were not in the galaxy if Pdog was flying .
Old 2012-06-09, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
DoomBlackDragon
Private

I am hoping that I will get a good ping and a good fps on a east coast server. Looking forward to beta. Just give me a heads up on what bases we are attacking. I am a few hours behind you guys.
Old 2012-06-09, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Proxi
Private

I can't wait to roll with XoO in PS again!
Old 2012-06-09, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Qman
Private

Welcome back Proxi! It is good to see all the old faces coming out of the woodwork.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Proxi
Private

Yea, it's awesome to see all the old faces coming back. I'm hoping to get Stricknine to play with us. =X
Old 2012-06-09, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
DoomBlackDragon
Private

Has there been a head count to see how many players we have now?
Old 2012-06-10, 02:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Soyokaze
Corporal

Full disclosure though, Xen is not for everyone. This is a recruitment thread, yeah, but Xen has never wanted hundreds of blind applications. We have no desire to be the biggest VS Outfit out there, because we don't think that's a necessity to being the best.

One of the things that makes Xen great is its standards. We never, for example, send out random invites. Any Outfit that would except you as a member without any idea of who you are is not worthy of your membership. Random invites are like pre-aproved credit cards. Xen is a platinum card you have to apply for, but treats you much better if you qualify.

That being said, neither is Xen an elitist group. Xen doesn't have any "skill" qualifications because, in a game like this, everyone has something to contribute. If you want to participate in an organized assault (read: "play the objective") and can behave like a socially well-adjusted adult, then you meet our standards. That gets you in the door, a seat in my galaxy, and a brother at your side who'll be proud to save your skin or, failing that, meet you at the spawn pods.

Some people don't like working within a large command structure. They want to be in direct contact everyone they're affiliated with, to always be able to decide their next action for themselves, to be the only one calling the shots, or are simply only concerned with the moment-to-moment gameplay. That's all fine and reasonable. These gameplay styles do, however, preclude the large scale, organized strategic play that Xen engages in.

For those folks, please join another one of the fine outfits out there - one that fits your gameplay style. One cog of Xen's highly efficient war-machine is co-operation with other VS Outfits, big and small, to help serve the VS war effort as a whole. We co-operate with the big guys and make opportunities for the little guys. If you're a 200 man outfit we've formed a relationship with, we'll trust you to hold second front and provide you the support you need. If you're a 5-man group of buddies who really just like to shoot guys together, we'll be more than happy to have you tag along with our infantry division or simply inform you as to where the next big assault will be. Xen place the success of the VS as a whole over personal or Outfit glory.

Therefore, even if Xen doesn't seem like your style - keep us in mind, because we WILL matter and WILL be more than happy to lend you a helping hand when things heat up.

Unless you're dressed funny - in which case that hand will contain a beamer.

Last edited by Soyokaze; 2012-06-10 at 02:26 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Aldman
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Soyokaze View Post
Unless you're dressed funny - in which case that hand will contain a beamer.
And how is blue/gold any sillier than purple and teal?

Still, if you're going to wear purple and teal, Xen is the place to be. I have plenty of fond memories of fighting XoO.

Last edited by Aldman; 2012-06-10 at 08:28 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Keller
Private

Originally Posted by DoomBlackDragon View Post
Has there been a head count to see how many players we have now?
if you did a headcount, you need to do +1! I'm here now too.
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty