Spawn room camping - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The next best thing besides JEOPARDY!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-01, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
CapitanSteel
Private

Spawn room camping

There has been a previous thread about spawn camping but I would like to bring it up again as it is still a problem and annoys the hell out of me.

Here's the problem, if you're in a spawn room and the base gets taken over you can just sit and shot anyone whos appears in the spawn tubes.

This happened to me in the impact site spawn room, three NC engineers deployed turrets and were killing anyone who spawned there. To my knowladge you cannot get into the spawn room from the outside, so these engineers could sit for as long as they wanted and killed people without any fear of people coming in from the outside.

I hate this, the people who spawn dont have a chance and camping a spawn room like that dosent require any, even slight, skill what so ever.

My suggestion to fix the problem : anyone who is in the spawn room after it has been captured by the enemy is forced out of the room. Or the room fills with a gas killing anyone in the room before the other faction spawns in it.

Any thoughts you have on the topic are welcome
Old 2012-10-01, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: Spawn room camping

Dev's will be adding in painfields to the spawn rooms in the next update to take care of the problem,

I did it myself when the servers first came back up after the update last week, had some fun but thought better of it afterwards and haven't done it since.

I prefer to fight over and try to retake the base than camp for a few grief kills.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-10-01, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Not experienced this myself, but must be irritating to be on the receiving end.

Some kind of damage over time needed to clear enemies from newly captured spawn rooms.
Old 2012-10-01, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I've done it and been a victim of it, a grenade or two usually clears it.
Old 2012-10-01, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ringring
Contributor
General

It's irritating but stuff like this is what beta is for, Higby already said it will be fixed (hopefully) by the addition of a pain field.
Old 2012-10-01, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
CapitanSteel
Private

A good, nice to hear it's not being overlooked
Old 2012-10-01, 07:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

In a game with spawn rooms there will always be spawn room camping.
it is a valid tactic imo.
If you get camped you have almost lost the base.
Dont spawn there anymore! Or at least stop whining about getting farmed.
Nevertheless adding a painfield is a good thing.
Old 2012-10-01, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Mox View Post
it stop being a valid tactic when there's no other solution to root them out than having a dev's come by using his super secret dev powers to nuke them.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Old 2012-10-01, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Fanglord
Sergeant

This, annoying as it is... it seems like a valid tactic in locking down a base.
Old 2012-10-01, 08:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Figment
Lieutenant General

It's pretty clear you have no idea what the complaint actually is nor really get what happens:

The winner gets camped because in these specific spawnrooms, the only way to enter the spawnroom is by spawning, where there's often already several enemies dug in as engineers behind a shield, as medics and MAXes, all lined up as a firing squad next to the tubes, aiming at head height. Imagine there's a full squad waiting in line with medics, engineers etc, waiting for anyone to spawn. Those who spawn, of course, spawn individually and have a transition period where the computer loads, they need to establish control of their character and detect and aim for threats. Meanwhile, the opponent simply aims at head height and gets instant kills.

Basically, the spawnroom after an enemy has been defeated is made off-limits to the winner. That has everything to do with not being able to re-enter and clear out the spawnroom in a select few "get out through roof/floor" spawn rooms, where there's a one way shield in place that allows people to get out, but never get back in.

It's simply a flaw in the design room mechanics where the need to get back into the spawnroom has been overlooked (need to change gear), as well as the need to clear out the spawns after ownership changes and the need for a safe entry and exit (you can't know if and who's camping the exits). Basically, it's not a valid tactic, it's simply an unintended side-effect of an IMO rather impractical design decision.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-10-01 at 08:09 AM.
Old 2012-10-01, 08:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Miir
Malvision

Honestly they don't need painfields. They just need a shield over each tube that you can shoot out but not in. Then all those turrets are just free kills.

or

A grace period when you first spawn in that you are invincible. (10 seconds?)
Old 2012-10-01, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Miir View Post
Honestly they don't need painfields. They just need a shield over each tube that you can shoot out but not in. Then all those turrets are just free kills.

or

A grace period when you first spawn in that you are invincible. (10 seconds?)
And the ability to get back inside...
Old 2012-10-01, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
And the ability to get back inside...
QFT

It would be rather nice to be able to access the spawn room again.

Old 2012-10-01, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
LexDecon
Corporal

Been on the receiving end, and I've honestly tried it once. Didn't enjoy doing it or receiving it so I don't do it and I make sure my outfit doesnt either.

Another big issue with spawn camping, is pulling prowlers up as close to a spawn room and spamming the entrance with the main gun because the AOE Splash damage goes through the shield door.

I've seen more bases locked down by a couple prowlers (not saying NC and VS don't do the same, but i've honestly never received from VS, nor seen any NC on the server I'm on ) doing this. Its annoying. And of course people scream "Its a valid tactic" Its still annoying and actually detracts from game play.

If I wanted to play "Spamagedon" every day I'd invest in SPAM.

My big wonder is Pain fields are coming, but what or how are they going to effect this issue? And in many peoples minds. It is an issue.

Last edited by LexDecon; 2012-10-01 at 09:06 AM.
Old 2012-10-01, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by LexDecon View Post
Been on the receiving end, and I've honestly tried it once. Didn't enjoy doing it or receiving it so I don't do it and I make sure my outfit doesnt either.

Another big issue with spawn camping, is pulling prowlers up as close to a spawn room and spamming the entrance with the main gun because the AOE Splash damage goes through the shield door.

I've seen more bases locked down by a couple prowlers doing this. Its annoying. And of course people scream "Its a valid tactic" Its still annoying and actually detracts from game play.

If I wanted to play "Spamagedon" every day I'd invest in SPAM.

My big wonder is Pain fields are coming, but what or how are they going to effect this issue? And in many peoples minds. It is an issue.

All factions are guilty as sin over this, they need to make sure explosions don't go through walls or shields.

lol remember the first version of the Flail artillery from PS1 that could spam shots through walls of towers and bases, now that was crazy annoying

As for the painfields it's simple, when the base flips over from your side to the enemies then the painfields in the spawn room activate against you. You take damage over time if you wait around in that area.
From what they said only bases that have no return way back into spawn rooms will have painfields like Towers or base Satalite spawn rooms

Last edited by Canaris; 2012-10-01 at 09:11 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion