PS Next: Wishlist - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No flaming you retarded moron!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-02-09, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: PS Next: Wishlist

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Never ever ever never seen someone use the HSR indoors.
I'd get hate tells from the other people camping the BD. Because all you have to do is aim down the middle of the hall and hold the trigger.

Old 2011-02-09, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
wildcat140679
Sergeant

Anti infantry weapons in general being weaker, dealing less damage.
The biggest frustration when being killed was, not being able to react or feel like you where unable to react.
With weapons being slightly weaker, a fight will last a bit longer, giving the defeated player more a sense of at least having being able to shoot back.
Old 2011-02-09, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by wildcat140679 View Post
Anti infantry weapons in general being weaker, dealing less damage.
The biggest frustration when being killed was, not being able to react or feel like you where unable to react.
With weapons being slightly weaker, a fight will last a bit longer, giving the defeated player more a sense of at least having being able to shoot back.
I think the jackhammer is the only weapon that creates this effect. Lasher / MCG still take a couple seconds to kill someone with the spotty hit detection / cof bloom / people's general warpiness.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-02-09, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

more killing
Old 2011-02-09, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
Pkay
Private

- Attackable Sanctuaries/Homeworlds
- Population Density Balance instead of cap (ie outnumbered balanced with some sort of buff)
- Boats/Water Zone
Old 2011-02-10, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #126
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
more killing
Old 2011-02-10, 04:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #127
Canaris
Contributor
General

more killing
think we can all agree on that
Old 2011-02-10, 04:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #128
Tikuto
Major

more killing
8D

"HA HA HA HA HA HA"

[URL="http://t.co/wHak5U5R"]Floating Mountains[/URL
PlanetSide 2: Alien Incursion
(PlanetSide 2 Steam Community Group)

Last edited by Tikuto; 2011-02-10 at 04:48 AM.
Old 2011-02-10, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #129
Grimster
First Lieutenant

On a different note. I sat the other day and thought about the potential future problem of global chat spam. Since I after resubscribing noticed that at least on the NC side the global chat spam is highly annoying.

Sure it won't be a problem from day one but when the Planetside sequel reaches a more mature age and if they use the same rank system as in Planetside it will probably become a problem along with OS spamming.

How about they try to introduce some sort of chain of command on continents? The highest ranking commander is the one that gets access to all the neat toys like continental chat, global chat and also OS.

I haven't actually figured out how the chain of command would work but you could have for example a sort of invisible experience that keeps ticking after you reach the highest CR but it doesn't provide you with any additional benefits other than that you become the continent commander when you arrive on the continent and you are the commander with the highest experience.

Anyone else has any opinions on these thoughts?
Old 2011-02-10, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #130
wildcat140679
Sergeant

Another thing I really hope that will improve is the infantry movement system it could appear to be very laggy and players could warp all over the place.

From what I recall reading on the PS forums, if done right a player could dodge left and right by tapping the left and right key at a certain pace and with agile armor the opposing player would see the player move left and right in a very unnatural lagy warp like way. What made hitting them with a weapon very difficult!

I never really understood how it was done or if this was latency related, but as I was practically living next to the server with a 20ms or less ping I ruled out it had to do with my connection.

Anyway, I hope they change the infantry movement system in such a way that when moving, you require to buildup some momentum before reaching top movement speed.
This would also require a dodge system that with a double tap of a direction key you would be at top movement speed in the desired movement direction at the cost of some stamina.

I’m hoping this would reduce or completely remove the laggy and warping from left to right behavior I’m currently seeing in game.
Old 2011-02-10, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #131
Bags
Lieutenant General

Another thing I really hope that will improve is the infantry movement system it could appear to be very laggy and players could warp all over the place.

From what I recall reading on the PS forums, if done right a player could dodge left and right by tapping the left and right key at a certain pace and with agile armor the opposing player would see the player move left and right in a very unnatural lagy warp like way. What made hitting them with a weapon very difficult!

I never really understood how it was done or if this was latency related, but as I was practically living next to the server with a 20ms or less ping I ruled out it had to do with my connection.

PS uses extrapolation which causes the warp. PSN shouldn't use extrapolation so it should be fine.
Old 2011-02-10, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #132
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
PS uses extrapolation which causes the warp. PSN shouldn't use extrapolation so it should be fine.
All online games use predictive techniques. Its jumpy as hell if they don't.
Old 2011-02-10, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #133
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
All online games use predictive techniques. Its jumpy as hell if they don't.
There's a better way to do it than extrapolation. Ask skyexle, I think he talks about it a lot on the official PS forums.

Regardless, it's 2011; there's no way PSN can have as bad as warping as PS does.
Old 2011-02-10, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #134
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Dial-up, dual-core PC, high ping = MirrorBoy clones. You're talking about a game that was designed to operate with PCs built ten years ago, some of them connecting via dial-up. Guys using that set-up were bitching and moaning when dual-cores came out. I know a few who were rather top-notch players, who swore people were cheating, and come to find out they were running dual-core PCs.
Old 2011-02-10, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #135
Canaris
Contributor
General

Oh and just another small one to add a little something for the TR, Goggles for the Infiltration suit (that's if you were thinking of having a inf suit without them)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion