PlanetSide - How much Longer? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where everyone has their own opinion, and yours is wrong.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2003-11-21, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

When I can hack every single base on Auraxis by myself, and turn around to see nothing but red continent locks on every single continent, then I will be done with Planetside.
Me: Its done, Commander. Sentrosi has hacked every base and turned the entire world red! He has professed he will never play again.

Commander: Good job, soldier! Get everyone on the phone and tell them they can log in again!

Old 2003-11-21, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Once PS2 comes out, PS will die.
There will never be a PS2.

You sick... Disgusting.....!
Old 2003-11-22, 03:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Well, think of it like this, How long did Everquest last? WHAT? It's still running? I guess that's your answer. It's been out, what, five years?
Old 2003-11-22, 05:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Flammey
Well, think of it like this, How long did Everquest last? WHAT? It's still running? I guess that's your answer. It's been out, what, five years?
UO has been out around 7 or 8 years.
Old 2003-11-22, 05:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by WritheNC
Me: Its done, Commander. Sentrosi has hacked every base and turned the entire world red! He has professed he will never play again.

Commander: Good job, soldier! Get everyone on the phone and tell them they can log in again!

the humor escapes me.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2003-11-22, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Rarzo
Sergeant

The day that Planetside goes away would be the day that fun itself dies...
Old 2003-11-22, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Post #35

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by WritheNC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the humor escapes me.

The joke is he hacked all the bases and then hes telling the guy he can tell all of the planetside users on that server they can come back on now! Implying that they all left so he could single handedly hack all the bases and take contol of them! making fun of him in hte process!
Old 2003-11-22, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
hulkhogan
Private

Originally Posted by Flammey

true but what about WWII online it died. but I dont see sony letting PS die but i do see less servers in the near future
Old 2003-11-22, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Well, PlanetSide is different from other games, I mean, I've had this on my harddrive longer then anything else (that I still play). If the next expansion is good (estimated May 2004), it'll last a while. BUt the servers will always be on, look at Motor City Online. Released around early 2002, with a server pop. of about 100, it was just shut down this august. I see good things coming for PlanetSide. Its the best MMO of the year. I mean, compared to what? Star Wars Galaxies? yea right.
Old 2003-11-22, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Lithpope
Corporal

Nod.

Granted EQ has a MUCH larger player base but, as much as I fussed about VI then SOE, they know how to make a fun game and keep it fun (for the most part). EQ has been at least 6 expamtions if i recall correctly ( I played it for 4 years). The thing about SOE is when they change something they usually over do it. Eventually though they generally get it just about right. As others have said if they drop a good new expantion I see PS's longevity expanding and most probably its population growing. I seriously see the smaller population as a result of having to pay a monthly fee. I have serveral friends at work who play other FPS's and simply have not given PS the chance it deserves becuase of that one factor. That said, I would put even money if they actually tried PS they would be more than happy to pay because lets face it a huge battle for a base cannot be matched anywhere in the FPS genre.

As long as PS makes a marginal profit for SOE I think it will stick around because they have things like EQ to fall back on.
Old 2003-11-22, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

Dammit. I need to play PS more
*uninstalls FFXI*
Old 2003-11-23, 02:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Nimbus
Dammit. I need to play PS more
*uninstalls FFXI*
Best post I've seen all night.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-11-23, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

^
Old 2003-11-23, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Shin1gami
Corporal

PS will last as long as Sony can make money from it. period.
Old 2003-11-23, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by VashTheStamped
i nevah want PS to go away....this is my life.

go outside.

PlanetSide, with the expectations of at least 3 solid expansions, has 5 years under its belt. SOE isnt short on cash, so if pops are down, they're start whipping the devs.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion