I rekon one day Core Combat (CC) will get fixed - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: nerf this!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-09-02, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
OpolE
Sergeant Major

I rekon one day Core Combat (CC) will get fixed

I am very sure that one day someone will turn on Core Combat.

Such as bringing out an expansion for PS2 and they feel like turning CC on for PS1.

They have done these things before.

I think the best thing is to wait it out until one day when they do this and do another push like the recent threads trying to repopulate the game.

I personally love CC and would push 'double figures' of people back to the game

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2014-09-04, 06:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: I rekon one day Core Combat (CC) will get fixed

Fuck CC. No CC is the thing that makes PS1 almost worth playing now. Too bad everything else is dragging it down.

Old 2014-09-04, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
SArais
Corporal

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Fuck CC. No CC is the thing that makes PS1 almost worth playing now. Too bad everything else is dragging it down.
Get out. Seriously.

CC was fucking amazing from what -everybody- says.
Old 2014-09-04, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by SArais View Post
Get out. Seriously.

CC was fucking amazing from what -everybody- says.
are you friggin serious?

you never played PS1 while the caves were working?
Old 2014-09-04, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Crator
Major General

I reckon you would be wrong... SOE won't fix anything in PS1 anymore unless there are a whole lot of people that were continuously knocking on SOE to do it... And that just isn't happening AFAIK... Don't get me wrong, I would like for it to be fixed and for there to be a nice population of players in PS1, I just don't see it ever happening again...

I liked what CC offered... I didn't much care for BFRs but didn't mind them after they were balanced properly... But the cave fight were a change of pace from the above-ground fights, albeit hard to navigate the zip-lines sometimes... The main thing I liked about CC was the benefits you could get from the modules or locked cave link...
Old 2014-09-04, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
SgtMAD
Captain

SOE doesn't care,thats the bottom line here

all the wishing in the world isn't going to change anything,I watched them ruin Planetside from a front row seat,arguing with SmokeJumper and every one of the SOE flacks we had on the old forums since 2003,[Ht] trolled those forums relentlessly trying to squash stupid ideas that would result in driving more players away.

to think that SOE would change their ways after a decade is a huge waste of time and energy.
Old 2014-09-05, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

BFRs were introduced in Aftershock, not Core Combat.

Honestly I miss the caves and didn't really mind the other ancient tech vehicles brought in with Core Combat. The problem with the caves is they need a lot of people in them to be 1) fun and 2) balanced. Otherwise spawn camping becomes a huge issue due to indestructible spawn rooms.

Honestly CC not working is just bad business practice on part of SOE. People paid money for that expansion back when it was released and SOE not figuring out why its not on is pure negligence. I would understand more if they were deciding to pull the plug on the game but they aren't. I also understand SOE's statement about not developing any new content for the game, but an entire expansion being switched off? Unacceptable.
Old 2014-09-05, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Skittles
Sergeant

@SgtMad,

I saw SmokeJumper the other day on Twitch-Landmark, https://www.landmarkthegame.com/home his new game. They were featuring their new PvP. It looked interesting at least, although completely laggy. Players can design the combat maps. It seems to be a little bit of Minecraft thrown in the bowl with SWTOR style combat animations.

On topic.

The disillusionment that CC would increase numbers or any other combination of fixes would Frankenstein PS1, and the threads devoted to it, is enjoyable. Albeit, in a sad way. I find it to be similar to watching "Worlds Dumbest" on TV when they show the dumbest stunts or Jackass want to be"s.
Old 2014-11-06, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
bodypopper
Corporal

the caves consisted of hacking then camping CC's while dipshits flew around in mozzies and got easy kills.
Old 2014-11-11, 04:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Figment
Lieutenant General

The problem with CC as is is that it gives TR more links and cave benefits than the other empires.

A GM can fix this inbalance in a minute by assigning two caves to each empire. But they refuse to. That is how much support PS1 gets and that's one of the reasons I gave up on it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion