PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Beta tested, player approved!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2002-11-09, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
StrikeS
Private

I'm actually working on a big 22 person server (2 Reserved) to start. We have the server, we're just having problems installing it on the Linux Box.

If anyone's good at all with Installing Game Servers Remotely through putty gimmie a PM please for the love of God so we can get the server up and running for everyone.
Old 2002-11-09, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
War Mongrel
Master Sergeant

I'm only asking this to make sure. Can you play Natural Selection if you have retail Counter Strike? I highly doubt it but I don't really want to go out and buy Half Life just to download a mod for it.
Old 2002-11-10, 03:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
jamikey
Sergeant

Upgrades are Vital to computers and pc gaming as a whole. Listen if pcs didn't upgrade then there'd be a bunch of us on our xbox's playing halo all day. But some people refuse to upgrade and we all get screwd becuase now developers can't push the envelope on games for fear that people won't have a machine powerful enough to use it and that would be loss of money. The console guys have an advantage this way. They can push the bar up as high as possible and never have to worry about losing money becuase of people that can't /won't buy upgraded/upgrades for there machines
Old 2002-11-10, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
DJsoixante
Private

erm...

I thought that you could still install mods with retail counter-strike, i may be wrong however so check before you buy hl.

DJ.
Old 2002-11-10, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
War Mongrel
Master Sergeant

Yeah, just found out that you can play NS if you have retail CS.
Old 2002-11-10, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
TheSHiFT
Staff Sergeant

its not bad
Old 2002-11-10, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

I hate Half-Life. All i ever hear is people comparing shit to half-life, going on and on about how great it is, raving about the mods. I, like the idiot i am, went out and bought the platinum pack for 70 something dollars figuring, how could i go wrong. My T2 cd came out for the first time in 3 months months (and the only reason it came out then was because i had to replace it.) The day i brought half-life home is the only day it has been installed. It holds a place of hatred surpassing even DaoC. I don't know what it is about it, maybe its the boring puzzles, maybe its the fucking platforming, maybe it's the fact tat i spent two years being bombarded with people speaking of half-life as if it were the herald of utopia and world peace but i could not stand it. I personally think System Shock 2 and Tribes 2 (i never had the pleasure of playing T1) beat the living shit out of Half-Life.

Edit:Holy Shit noones flamed me yet

Last edited by Incompetent; 2002-11-10 at 09:27 PM.
Old 2002-11-10, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
RocketFodder
Keeper of h8ball

wow, you are incompetent!
Old 2002-11-11, 04:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
BonnieDundee
Corporal

Looks to me like you can't appreciate a quality FPS.

You sure you want to be following PS?
Old 2002-11-11, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

**edit: Too elaborate, Half-Life was an EXCELLENT game for its time. I actually didn't play it until it was about 2 or 3 years old myself (or was it only 1 year? I can't remember. ) Anywho, by this time, my computer was well over the requirments. If people don't upgrade their computers because of Half-Life, I don't want to play with them on any game. They are most likely so short-sighted that their ability as a gamer is questionable. True, their are expections, but it usually is not the case.

If you dislike this game because everyone else enjoys it (you rugged individualist, you), then you have some social and most likely personality problems that need to be worked through. But, if you hate it because the single player required a low amount of skill and minimum problem solving abilities then... that's better than the former at least. Hey, you tried it. Of course, I'd have to question whether or not you suffered head truama during your earlier years.

Last edited by Zarparchior; 2002-11-11 at 01:32 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge