What the f*ck is with the router exploits recently? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I wanna droid!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2011-11-26, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: What the f*ck is with the router exploits recently?

Yeah. Removing a vehicle from a game is so hard.

Oh wait, no it's not. Practically anyone with access to the game files can do it.
Old 2011-11-26, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Oh wait, no it's not. Practically anyone with access to the game files can do it.
But they won't

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2011-11-30, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by jollytraveller View Post
Actually, I'm pretty sure you sign up to terms and conditions that state that it is not acceptable to take advantage of, or "exploit" bugs that were un-intended. I'm pretty sure this one ranks as un-intended, but it's nice to see the community expressing their support for suck lame ass tactics.

I can only assume people in favour of this type of thing are so horrible at the game they need to cheat to win.
Preach it, brutha! Coudlnt' have said it better myself.

I've always been disgusted by the general acceptance of blatant game-breaking exploits such as this and the way people justify it because others do it to or because it's an open-ended game world.

Quite frankly this kind of thing is a pretty piss-poor attitude IMO and one of the big reasons PS1 is in the state it's in. But I suppose it's to be expected of 99% of the remaining playerbase given the abuses we've all suffered in-game over the years. I just hope that this attitude doesn't carry on over into PS2 quite so much, and that SOE goes to great lengths to stomp this shit out in PS2 as soon as it appears.

I for one will destroy on sight any VS router pad that is placed to create a gameplay-affecting exploit, as would anyone else in DARK. I would hope that at least some TR & NC would behave similarly. But I guess that's probably too much to ask these days.

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Yeah there are a bunch of simple little things they could do that would make the game much more playable than it is now and might actually bring a few ppl back. Too bad it's never gonna happen tho.

Last edited by Erendil; 2011-11-30 at 08:14 PM.
Old 2011-11-30, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Erendil View Post
I just hope that this attitude doesn't carry on over into PS2 quite so much, and that SOE goes to greats lengths to stomp this shit out in PS2 as soon as it appears.:
Yup, #1 PS2 hope everyone should have is that when such exploits are found that SOE fixes the crap, quickly! Let makes these sorts of things #1 priorities over all other development please... No need to rush things out...
Old 2011-12-04, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

When it comes to planetside I could give 2 fucks less about someone exploiting a bug now. More so because I'm not subbed anymore. That being said, I don't blame anyone for using exploits for a few different reasons.

Primarily, 90% of anyone left plays like a douchebag. Spawn camping, spamming max units in situations that they aren't needed in (4 max units needed to kill 1 guy? lol), dropping gens in fights that they aren't needed in (4 to 1 pop advantage, still needs to drop gen).

Ironically I see people who claim to have some moral high ground that they won't stoop to cheap gameplay, but that only extends as far as exploits go. They still insist on playing like an asshat and griefing the few people playing this game. That's just my opinion.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2011-12-04, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Traak
Colonel

And, what percentage of people playing now DON'T use cheats? Somewhere far too close to zero.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion