AGN Live Broadcast Saturday! - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where being run over is considered griefing
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Auraxis Global Network [AGN]

Old 2011-02-12, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: AGN Live Broadcast Saturday!

sent hamma a PM, 2 late to get into chat?
Old 2011-02-12, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

About to start wrapping it up.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2011-02-12, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
otomotopia
Sergeant

I can't help but think that urban combat would be awesome.

Also, I was thinking that having ONE MAP would be absolutely epic. As in one, streaming globe to fight in. This way multiple avenues to approach targets would work. PLEASE TALK ABOUT THAT for the last point of discussion.

Also, with day/night cycles and/or weather effects, wouldn't it be awesome if the factions had benefits that would help this along? Like the TR have better infrared tech, and the VS have better aircraft stats in weather, and the NC have better vehicle performance in weather.

Last edited by otomotopia; 2011-02-12 at 09:36 PM.
Old 2011-02-12, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Bags
Lieutenant General

They kind of veered off talking about PSN to talking about what they want from PSN tbh... the CN publisher has made it pretty clear that PSN is mainly PS with better graphics. I can't imagine they're doing even a fifth of all the stuff suggested XD

I really don't think 3D graphics would add much to PS... just gimmicky IMO.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-02-12 at 09:42 PM.
Old 2011-02-12, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Kogashuko
Private

Urban combat would be great.

Wouldnt mind them keeping BFRs either.
Old 2011-02-12, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
otomotopia
Sergeant

:<
Old 2011-02-12, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Bags
Lieutenant General

Hey, can I get the names of the songs you played at 7:01 and 7:27, they were listed as "pre-show".

One was technoish w/ some string instruments and the second one was in german / technoish / operaish.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-02-12 at 10:06 PM.
Old 2011-02-12, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

12/506 and 30/506 is the listener count and listener limit

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2011-02-12, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
ErnestGWilsonII
Private

Very nice broadcast tonight. I really enjoyed the show and I loved the TeamSpeak interactive use! Thank you so much for hosting this and thank you to everyone who participated. If and when you do another night like tonight, I plan on attending and interacting and bringing a bunch of old school PS junkies with me! I only have two questions: Is there a podcast from tonight that I can download? and When are you doing this again? Thank you all! Ernie aka N3NCY (www.N3NCY.com)
Old 2011-02-12, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
12/506 and 30/506 is the listener count and listener limit
Ahh, it kept changing every time a new song played (I refreshed page) so I thought it had something to do with the song number or something.

Cool broadcast even though I didn't agree with a lot of people's opinions. If there's a next time I might have to join in.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-02-12 at 10:05 PM.
Old 2011-02-12, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
ErnestGWilsonII
Private

Thumbs up Re: AGN Live Broadcast Saturday!

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Cool broadcast even though I didn't agree with a lot of people's opinions. If there's a next time I might have to join in.
There was a lot of opinions, I thought that was the best part.
agree, disagree, that does not matter...
Many ideas were put on the table and if even a small fraction of them actually make it into PS Next, this will be a win for all of us fans!

Here is one group that really put some thought into PlanetSide ideas:
http://sites.google.com/site/planets...deproject/home
Please take note SOE!
Old 2011-02-12, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Bags
Lieutenant General

Yeah I've looked through all of those. Some great, some good, some neutral, some bad, some horrible. cool effort by him though.
Old 2011-02-13, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Cheers

With all the suggestions I make I try to keep it balanced across all roles and in the spirit of the game.

However it is just my collection of ideas (and certainly not all my own) which I personally agree with, so it is never going to be to everyones taste.
Old 2011-02-13, 05:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
wildcat140679
Sergeant

It's the first time I tuned in to listen to a broadcast Planetside related discussion. As much as I enjoyed listening to the discussion there where many times I wished I could jump in, specially during the talk about customization of vehicles.

Weapon customization on a tank changing it designed role of Heavy armored Anti Vehicle role in to Anti Aircraft or some thing else really made the hairs on my neck jump up. I had to restrain my self from loudly screaming at my monitor "No! you idiots that will screw up balance" at 3~4am in the morning with out waking up anybody else in the house.

I was happy hear when some one else (can't recall the speak his name) took over the discussion and steered in away and in to a more balanced vision.

I hope we will see another Planetside: Next related broadcast in the near future, was fun listening.
Old 2011-02-13, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
TRex
First Sergeant

I do hope they bring back some day/night cycle to the game , it needs it. I remember Ishundar in particular having that , and it made the game more interesting.Sometimes a Mosquito would fly right over your head, oblivious to your existance if they didnt see a tracer trail. It wasn't fully dark, just a late dusky grey but the effect still added to experience. It also gave people attacking a base a slight edge in that a defender at a door was easily seen under room light.

As for all the heavy vehicle customization , I agree with the guy saying it would spoil balance. Changing a vanguard to be AA,AV, AI just is wrong , the current rock/paper /scissors we have now is better . AA Bfr is a prime example of how not to do things , and I for one will be glad when bfr's dissapear.

The other thing I hoped would be discussed , though hinted on with making the game first person only , is any ideas on limiting the amount of spam weaponry in the game. Since if 3rd person was removed , the arguement of using it to flush out wall humpers would be null.
I used to play on werner , and this was abused to the nth degree. Every base fight was painful to endure , and many friends used to say stuff this, Ill go watch some tv instead. I went to emerald instead , where gen blowing replaced the plasma. Plasma gave way to not wanting to fight anybody. Choice was stare at a green door for next 15 minutes , or stare at an empty base around the cc for 15 minutes.
I do hope they replace the flail with something that cant be fired from miles away tucked away inside a base , or give an instant weapon lock for a few minutes if any grief occurs.

The main thing, howether , that I hope will be sorted out is the netcode and cshd or whatever they use. I'm playing current ps , and just yesterday I was shot dead instantly by an nc from 20m away . I died and then heard the trishot sound through my head phones. Maybe fluke chance, but the guy then killed 3 others all within the next 5 seconds doing the same thing. The mcg is even more dangerous atm, even a few random bullet spray seems to take off half your health and armour within a millisecond at times.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Auraxis Global Network [AGN]