Alternative capture model - the reverse LLU. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where Gangsters Roam
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-12, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Alternative capture model - the reverse LLU.

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
Problem with LLU based methods is that it all comes down to one player - we saw players take it in the opposite direction to the target, either on purpose or due to stupidity.

Despite this it would certainly make for interesting game play, especially if it could take a chunk off capture times.
As long as friendy fire exists you can always rectify a stupid llu carrier.
Old 2012-04-12, 05:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
KilroytheNinja
Private

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Amen to that!
Old 2012-04-12, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Rectally?

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-04-12, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
That's actually a very good point. If they are concerned the mission system would "overload" an area, imagine what a giant glowing orb traveling across a cont would do. Sometimes I think it would be best to not max out these conts or servers in promotion of overall better gameplay. More is not always better and if it causes fun factor issues and creates stalemates it might be better to tune cont for 2000 and cut it back to 1200-1500? Maybe less?
No way to decrease the player count there is no fun factor to play COD games with 6 vs 6 i want planetside to be MAx players as it can suport !

if the servers can handle 2500 per continents ill take it when u gfet use to massive games it become a piece a cake to deal with many players
Old 2012-04-12, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Stew
Major

That's actually a very good point. If they are concerned the mission system would "overload" an area, imagine what a giant glowing orb traveling across a cont would do. Sometimes I think it would be best to not max out these conts or servers in promotion of overall better gameplay. More is not always better and if it causes fun factor issues and creates stalemates it might be better to tune cont for 2000 and cut it back to 1200-1500? Maybe less?
And this (( FUN FACTOR )) thing is pure bullshit Dice and EA as claim thats the Fun factor was more near 48 players while playing BF3 its pure crap

even at 64 i found it not enough I need more players more actions more everything !

Like higby as said in planetside 2 it will be sometime chaos BUT CHAOS IS FUN ! In games where there is to much campers who think (( strategicly )) can be a way more boring than a game where bullets fly in every direction

I want to feel the epicness of the battle i want to be in a real awesome wars like in the Bad ass science fiction moovie ! Not in lame skirmish reducing numbers of players = been closer to skirmish ! i dont want thats

as long as the conection , hitdetection , Ping , frames per seconds stay Ok ill be agains any dumb down of the players counts

Last edited by Stew; 2012-04-12 at 08:39 PM.
Old 2012-04-12, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Definitely need a CTF mechanic in this game. Lot of fun to be had if it can be done right.
+1

+10 for doing it right!

Can you imagine 1000 players converging on the football? haha STACKS ON!

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion