Planetside 2 and Trolls - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: There are many copies.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: How should SOE be against trolls?
Trolling is natural, waste your time banning cheaters not trolls 51 55.43%
Ban every troll....even if they are paying customers. 24 26.09%
Only ban trolls who troll too much 8 8.70%
Ban trolls who troll too much but never permanetly ban them 8 8.70%
Ban trolls but if they actually buy stuff...Don't ban them 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-02, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Re: Planetside 2 and Trolls

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
...trolling...trolls? trolls...trolls..."trolls"...troll ...trolls...trolling...in fact the problem is gonna be persons over using the word troll...troll...troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2012-04-02, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
Why should SOE care about the lone douchebag paying TKer when he has driven off 5-6 other paying customers?

I'm thinking you should be banned already.
Yeah that was kinda what I was thinking too. Although if he's gonna be playing TR, and sticks to just TKing and other team trolling, then meh..... He can stay.

lol....If the griefing system works, he won't be able to TK people forever...He won't target the same people...I really doubt 5-6 people will go away because of that.

Most people don't tk...the game is gonna be mostly fair for everybody.

BTW Im gonna be in Beta!
So you'll be "testing out" the grief system in Beta then, right?

Cool maybe you can help them perfect it so asshats don't last too long in-game after release before getting spanked off the server.
Old 2012-04-02, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Fenrys
Major

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
DreamCasts style of trolling is to kill team mates not the opposing side.

In my opinion, Tkers should be banned. They take away peoples enjoyment of the game and only piss people off just so one person can get their rocks off. I can't see why SOE would want to tolerate such behaviour.
Trolling is making people mad because it makes you feel good. It can be TK'ing, but it can also be anything else you can imagine.

For example:

The goal is the same...Piss people off.

You can do it by using words or by using in game abilities.
You're a boiled frog. It sucks so much to be you, that you don't even know that is sucks to be you.
Old 2012-04-02, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

The trolling is strong in this thread.

Old 2012-04-03, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Trolling is doing something to piss someone off so you can get your jollies, usually faking naivete.
Thank you Bags, for actually explaining this to the OP. This thread and poll are stupid.

Teamkilling friendly players who you don't really know and with no warning, is almost never acceptable.

The internet can suck for smart sarcastic people due to the inability to convey subtle queues of body language and tone of voice. On the other hand and unfortunately, immature retarded people have strongly benefitted from these same qualities of web communication. The thing I really hate about this concept of trolling, is that any dumbfuck can be wrong and or retarded about something and then save face later by pretending that they are simply a genius troll -_-

My money is on the OP not being a genius forum troll. Pity it's so hard to tell sometimes.

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2

Last edited by Brusi; 2012-04-03 at 12:59 AM.
Old 2012-04-03, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Bonius
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Brusi View Post
Thank you Bags, for actually explaining this to the OP. This thread and poll are stupid.

Teamkilling friendly players who you don't really know and with no warning, is almost never acceptable.

The internet can suck for smart sarcastic people due to the inability to convey subtle queues of body language and tone of voice. On the other hand and unfortunately, immature retarded people have strongly benefitted from these same qualities of web communication. The thing I really hate about this concept of trolling, is that any dumbfuck can be wrong and or retarded about something and then save face later by pretending that they are simply a genius troll -_-

My money is on the OP not being a genius forum troll. Pity it's so hard to tell sometimes.
^This.

The art of trolling died years ago when the new scriptkiddie generation decided that any action involving being a dumbfuck would be called "trolling".

What happened to the clever page-long troll posts that could set a whole forum ablaze?

unless......

Old 2012-04-03, 02:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Shade Millith
First Sergeant

IP Ban.

If they constantly TK, or otherwise deliberately work against their own team, they should be removed from the game.

The players have no real means of policing it ourselves in this kind of game. We can attempt to TK them back, but all that will do is Weapons Lock ourselves.

It's likely that SOE will take this approach as well, as widespread griefers leads to people not playing.

Also, you're not a 'troll'. Trolling used to be something interesting to watch. Acting like a mouthbreathing retard doesn't make you special.
Old 2012-04-03, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Lokster
Staff Sergeant

lol....If the griefing system works, he won't be able to TK people forever...He won't target the same people...I really doubt 5-6 people will go away because of that.

Most people don't tk...the game is gonna be mostly fair for everybody.

BTW Im gonna be in Beta!
I'm sure his BETA experience will be worthwhile and productive to the game. Sigh. Can't wait to get shot in the back while I'm legitimately testing the game, by this 12 year old who thinks it's "funny".

I think this ridiculous thread should be reason enough to exclude this idiot from BETA.

Last edited by Lokster; 2012-04-03 at 10:26 AM.
Old 2012-04-03, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
No, to work effectively as a troll you need to make the other person mad and not just have them think you're mentally disabled.
The implications. I love them.

Well if ur good they feel mad and think ur mentally disabled.
No. If you're good then THEY feel mentally disabled, but clearly by your own reckoning you've achieved your own goals. Congrats.

Anyway..
Obviously TK is a necessary part of PS. Being able to kill that one lone bone head that keeps spawning with your Gal, but then tries to fly away with it. Or uses the mounted guns to fire wildly into the air and pretty much let everyone and God know where the spawner is when you're trying to be sneaky. These people need to be taught that their stupidity is not wanted and should be taken somewhere else.

As for the Tribunal council stuff in LoL, how does that work? I mean does the council get to see a replay of the match to help them make their decision? In that case how would PS be able to do that? Down right impossible, imo. So any kind of PS2 Tribunal would be going pretty much just on hearsay and statistics of the offender?
Old 2012-04-03, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Cosmical View Post
Two words, Friendly Fire.

How in gods name are they going to stop people making free to play accounts with the intent of just killing people and getting banned instantly. The only way would be to make you assign a credit card to your account, so if you get banned you have to go through all that hassle. But then youre limiting the free to play market to people above 18.

I have no idea how its going to work and it kindof scares me, the previous griefing system was a mess. I get banned for 24 hours because someone runs and stands near my grenade and dies? Pathetic.

I get grief killed by an entire squad for 20 minutes because i accidentally shoot someone, and 20 guys are laughing their ass off while killing me, with a tiny penalty to them? Rediculous.

I'm sorry. In the old Grief system, if you got a 24 hour auto ban. You were trying.

There is no way to "accidentally" get a 24 hour weapon lock, let alone BAN. None.
Old 2012-04-03, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Dreamcast
Major

Im not going to TK in Beta, I love planetside so I don't wanna get banned....all the people in beta are gonna be fanboys who report everything that goes against the community.

As for trolling use to mean something back in your day...Well you are right, it use to mean something back in the day....but it still does.

The difference now is this, people think they detect trolls or wannabe trolls all the time.

Also I think we are from the same generation I been tking/trolling since before planetside came out so I don't know why u guys are acting like hipsters and saying Im new to the internet or something.
Old 2012-04-03, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

eveyone can troll in moderation. I had a stressful day at work, time to transfer my frustration to someone else(the prefered method would be loading the enemies face full of bullets) but to each his own i guess.

The problem arises when thats all you end up doing is TKing. to me that is bannable.
Old 2012-04-03, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Pillow
Corporal

http://www.azleg.gov//FormatDocument...Session_ID=107

Trollolol?
Old 2012-04-03, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Destroyeron
Troll x2

As a Troll I'm confused if we're talking about trolling or griefing. Both are unavoidable, since I'll be playing.
Old 2012-04-03, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Knocky
Major

Higby: "I'm a griefer."

T-Ray: "Sometimes it's (griefing) necessary."

My worldview is now shattered.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion