Man put away for 15 years - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stop refreshing the page dimwit!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

 
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-04-04, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General
 
Baneblade's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Actually on this forum he'd probably get praised. Lot of right-wing conservative types here.
Oh, what forum is that?

[/quote]With the rash of anti-woman bullshit,[/quote]

I love women!

forcing doctors to assault women with vaginal probes for the crime of wanting an abortion,
Nobody here wants that... well nobody outside of a fetish anyway.

Rush Limbaugh calling Sandra Fluke a slut and all that other shit he said, and so on,
What else would you call a woman that wants enough contraception for Debbie to Dallas... and Fort Worth?
__________________
Post at me bro.

Baneblade is offline  
Old 2012-04-04, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Vecha
First Sergeant
 
Vecha's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Actually on this forum he'd probably get praised. Lot of right-wing conservative types here. With the rash of anti-woman bullshit, forcing doctors to assault women with vaginal probes for the crime of wanting an abortion, Rush Limbaugh calling Sandra Fluke a slut and all that other shit he said, and so on, the culture of woman-hating and slut-shaming is alive and well in many parts of this world, and I do not doubt that he would see people here supporting him if he were to say something like "women who dress a certain way deserve to be raped", which is roughly what Rush has said in the past as well.
The vaginal ultrasound thingy needs its own forum.

Pisses me the fuck off.

Here they are...taking money away from fucking school districts...and then want to waste my time/tax dollars with this ultrasound bullshit.

( I live in Alabama. They are trying to pass that law here.)
Vecha is offline  
Old 2012-04-04, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Vecha
First Sergeant
 
Vecha's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post




What else would you call a woman that wants enough contraception for Debbie to Dallas... and Fort Worth?
Not a slut?

There are married women who use it. Engaged women.

Those who use it OUTSIDE of sex(painful periods...when they aren't maintained. The pills also are used for medical reasons outside of the prevention of pregnancy).
Vecha is offline  
Old 2012-04-04, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Warborn
Contributor
Major General
 
Warborn's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
What else would you call a woman that wants enough contraception for Debbie to Dallas... and Fort Worth?
What do you call a man who needs enough contraception etc etc?
Warborn is offline  
Old 2012-04-05, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant
 
WildGunsTomcat's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


I think we got a little bit off track here.

When I was referring to the "vitriolic hatred" I was talking about the fact that women can accuse anyone they want at anytime and they're automatically the good guys. I didn't want to incur the wrath of any of the WOMEN on this board. I wasn't saying that "hurr durr rape is okay because she's dressed like a slut."

I never said that women that dress a certain way deserved to be raped, so get that bullshit out of your head right now.

Also, I'm not a right wing conservative type...so get that bullshit out of your head right now.

I'm saying women have power in court now. So they can say "Omg he raped me" and the man is automatically fucking guilty now. Or even better, "Omg he beat me." and the man again is automatically guilty.

What I'm saying, as this relates to this story, is that men are up against a fucking wall now thanks to legislation to protect women from rape and spousal abuse. And I'm not saying that's wrong...I'm saying it can be abused.

So a woman can get drunk...willingly accept sex with a man...wake up the next day and claim rape...and the man is off to jail.

But a man can't do that. He can get drunk...have sex with a woman he didn't want to...and he can't claim rape....he'll be laughed out of the fucking courtroom.

That's what I was pointing out...the disparity in the court with regards to women.

And I'm really fucking offended that you think I'd encourage rape because of the way someone dresses. Fuck you for that one.

Why? My sister got raped when she was 17...so you fucking judgemental pricks might want to think about what you say before you fucking say it next time.
__________________
Emerald Veteran: NCFeralTomcat BR 24 CR 4
Steam ID: NCFeralTomcat


The Fraternity of Gamers
http://www.thefraternityofgamers.com

You are entirely dependent on others for survival. Because I have guns, I am not. It is simply something you will never understand because independence and freedom is a very strong American cultural value.
- Malorn on the Second Amendment

Last edited by WildGunsTomcat; 2012-04-05 at 12:08 AM.
WildGunsTomcat is offline  
Old 2012-04-05, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant
 
WildGunsTomcat's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Actually on this forum he'd probably get praised. Lot of right-wing conservative types here.
Also, has anyone ever informed you just how much of a closed-minded bigot you are Warborn? I don't know if that has been addressed ever? But every time I see an argument against you, or that doesn't fall in line with your political and social ideals...well then that person must be a right wing conservative retard with no real understanding of the larger world around him/her.

For a group of people that supposedly stand for open mindedness and fairness and equality....you seem to keep your mind quite closed to other peoples' opinions and bash them quite regularly. Especially if those thoughts and opinions don't line up with the way you think the world is/should be. It's interesting and a little sad.
__________________
Emerald Veteran: NCFeralTomcat BR 24 CR 4
Steam ID: NCFeralTomcat


The Fraternity of Gamers
http://www.thefraternityofgamers.com

You are entirely dependent on others for survival. Because I have guns, I am not. It is simply something you will never understand because independence and freedom is a very strong American cultural value.
- Malorn on the Second Amendment

Last edited by WildGunsTomcat; 2012-04-05 at 12:23 AM.
WildGunsTomcat is offline  
Old 2012-04-05, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Vecha
First Sergeant
 
Vecha's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post

And I'm really fucking offended that you think I'd encourage rape because of the way someone dresses. Fuck you for that one.

Why? My sister got raped when she was 17...so you fucking judgemental pricks might want to think about what you say before you fucking say it next time.
I thought it was a huge leap of logic to say you were A-Ok with raping women for dressing "slutty" which is why I brought up the alcohol topic.

I'm deeply sorry your sister went through that.

I'd recommend saying what you mean. Of course, this is the internet so who gives a fuck

With that said....there are women(or men) who do have a few drinks and end up getting raped(not saying you don't know this. just saying.)

The whole "he-said-she-said" will of course cause issues...there is very little anyone can do to find out the truth.

I would also have to say there is a world of difference between a man penetrating a woman(and I guess regretting it later) while drunk and a woman getting into a situation(while drunk) and not wanting to go through with the sex.

A woman who takes a man up to his/her room is going to have a harder time pressuring the man to have sex...if he actually doesn't want to go through with it...unless she's the one who will be in the "man's" role.

With all the said...there is alot of stigma against rape victims in general. Won't say how much(as I can't)..and I can't say how much against men. I would have to wager a guess that popular belief is that man can't be raped...which does happen(especially in the gay community(but not JUST in the gay community. Had a friend who was raped after a bartender put something in his drink.)
Vecha is offline  
Old 2012-04-05, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General
 
Baneblade's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by Vecha View Post
Not a slut?

There are married women who use it. Engaged women.

Those who use it OUTSIDE of sex(painful periods...when they aren't maintained. The pills also are used for medical reasons outside of the prevention of pregnancy).
3 grand worth of contraception is more than enough for an entire porn studio for a month, so a single woman wanting that much just for herself? How can she not be a slut?
__________________
Post at me bro.

Baneblade is offline  
Old 2012-04-05, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Vecha
First Sergeant
 
Vecha's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
3 grand worth of contraception is more than enough for an entire porn studio for a month, so a single woman wanting that much just for herself? How can she not be a slut?
I'm sorry...what?

A woman just needs 30 pills. That's it.

Is it 3 grand for the entire year?(Those pills are expensive).

So...if it costs 3 grand a year...how are you making a connection between this woman needing a montly supply and a porn studio needing a montly supply(of what exactly?) (ALL women would need this much. She doesn't take a single pill for a single session of sex).


So, again, can you clarify?

It was my understanding this was solely about the pill.

Last edited by Vecha; 2012-04-05 at 11:53 AM.
Vecha is offline  
Old 2012-04-05, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
CutterJohn
Colonel
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
What else would you call a woman that wants enough contraception for Debbie to Dallas... and Fort Worth?
If you bothered to listen to the testimony she gave, it was about how they wouldn't even cover BC for medically necessary shit. Yes, it has other, medically valid uses, but because it was a religious based insurance company, and the medication had the side effect of preventing pregnancy, it was not covered. The testimony explicitly talks about her friend who had some condition that hormonal BC would have treated, and who is now sterile because she didn't get it(due to it not being life threatening and her being a poor college student).

And there is more than one variety of hormonal BC. There is not just 'The pill'. There are cheap generics, but not all women react well to them, nor are they all equally valid as medications for all disorders.

3 grand worth of contraception is more than enough for an entire porn studio for a month, so a single woman wanting that much just for herself? How can she not be a slut?
Originally Posted by Sandra Fluke
Without insurance coverage, contraception, as you know, can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school.
Bolding mine. In the future I'd advise you to read a bit. It helps to know the facts when trying to make an argument.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-04-05 at 12:23 PM.
CutterJohn is offline  
Old 2012-04-05, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Vecha
First Sergeant
 
Vecha's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post



Bolding mine. In the future I'd advise you to read a bit. It helps to know the facts when trying to make an argument.
Thanks for researching what that "3000$" came from.

So...way more than a single year.

Makes sense.
Vecha is offline  
Old 2012-04-05, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General
 
Baneblade's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


I have a hard time believing anyone needs 27 years worth of birth control during law school.
__________________
Post at me bro.

Baneblade is offline  
Old 2012-04-05, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Warborn
Contributor
Major General
 
Warborn's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
Also, has anyone ever informed you just how much of a closed-minded bigot you are Warborn?
I'm okay with not being open-minded regarding sexists, racists, religious fanatics, and those sorts of people. I've made up my mind that being prejudiced against women or people of colour isn't something that serves a useful purpose in society. But no, I've never been told that. Although I don't talk politics with the Americans I turkey hunt with in Pennsylvania, either.

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
I have a hard time believing anyone needs 27 years worth of birth control during law school.
The numbers do seem off. Planned Parenthood says birth control costs at most around $50/mo., and law school is two years long isn't it? That isn't even close to $3000.

Either way, the cost and whether it's $3000 or somewhat less isn't all that important. Birth control is a critical part of health care coverage for women. Unwanted pregnancies are a whole lot more expensive than whatever the actual cost of birth control over the course of law school is, even if it were $3000.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-04-05 at 01:34 PM.
Warborn is offline  
Old 2012-04-05, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant
 
WildGunsTomcat's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
I'm okay with not being open-minded regarding sexists, racists, religious fanatics, and those sorts of people. I've made up my mind that being prejudiced against women or people of colour isn't something that serves a useful purpose in society. But no, I've never been told that. Although I don't talk politics with the Americans I turkey hunt with in Pennsylvania, either.



The numbers do seem off. Planned Parenthood says birth control costs at most around $50/mo., and law school is two years long isn't it? That isn't even close to $3000.

Either way, the cost and whether it's $3000 or somewhat less isn't all that important. Birth control is a critical part of health care coverage for women. Unwanted pregnancies are a whole lot more expensive than whatever the actual cost of birth control over the course of law school is, even if it were $3000.
Right so you admit that you are closed minded to other peoples' ideals. And I love how you cite the extremes (racists, sexists, religious people) so you make it seem like you're any less bigoted against people that simply don't agree with you.

Oh and I love how you throw out turkey farming in Pennsylvania like I'm supposed to give you a merit badge for crossing the border into America...like that's supposed to make you an expert on our country.

3/10...not a bad troll...just not effective.
__________________
Emerald Veteran: NCFeralTomcat BR 24 CR 4
Steam ID: NCFeralTomcat


The Fraternity of Gamers
http://www.thefraternityofgamers.com

You are entirely dependent on others for survival. Because I have guns, I am not. It is simply something you will never understand because independence and freedom is a very strong American cultural value.
- Malorn on the Second Amendment
WildGunsTomcat is offline  
Old 2012-04-05, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Warborn
Contributor
Major General
 
Warborn's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
Right so you admit that you are closed minded to other peoples' ideals.
I am also close-minded about rape, child abuse, terrorism, and raw tomatoes.

Oh and I love how you throw out turkey farming in Pennsylvania
Turkey hunting.
Warborn is offline  
 
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Bookmarks

Wiki Activity Read More >
Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.