Man put away for 15 years - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Marsman has the coolest voice!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

 
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-04-05, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant
 
WildGunsTomcat's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
I am also close-minded about rape, child abuse, terrorism, and raw tomatoes.



Turkey hunting.
lol

Hunting, I stand corrected.

Still doesn't change the fact that you profess to be this open minded free thinker that believes in all the tenets of science and mankind's accomplishments...

But close your ears to someone else that doesn't think like you.

I find it fascinating. Because I listen to you, and I think everything you say is dead wrong...but I listen.
__________________
Emerald Veteran: NCFeralTomcat BR 24 CR 4
Steam ID: NCFeralTomcat


The Fraternity of Gamers
http://www.thefraternityofgamers.com

You are entirely dependent on others for survival. Because I have guns, I am not. It is simply something you will never understand because independence and freedom is a very strong American cultural value.
- Malorn on the Second Amendment
WildGunsTomcat is offline  
Old 2012-04-05, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Vecha
First Sergeant
 
Vecha's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
I have a hard time believing anyone needs 27 years worth of birth control during law school.

How are you coming up with 27 years?

http://asktheexperts.plannedparenthood.org/?p=3889

50$ a month.

600$ a year.

3000$ for five years(Usually takes 4 years to complete law school...but you also have undergrad...or perhaps she is adding the exam/doctor visits to get said BC).

I guess there is very little reason to debate with you if all you want to do is throw around inflammatory comments.
Vecha is offline  
Old 2012-04-05, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General
 
Baneblade's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Why would anyone pay $50 a month for it? You can get it for less than half that even without insurance.
__________________
Post at me bro.

Baneblade is offline  
Old 2012-04-05, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Vecha
First Sergeant
 
Vecha's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Why would anyone pay $50 a month for it? You can get it for less than half that even without insurance.
It goes from 15 to 50. Some types are going to cost more. Some women won't be able to take certain kinds.

You have a right to disagree with the government paying for it. But calling a woman a slut over it is silly(you didn't exactly say that...but you were skirting close to it).

I think you and I have derailed this thread long enough though...

Sorry OP!
Vecha is offline  
Old 2012-04-05, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Sgt Shultz
Corporal
 
Sgt Shultz's Avatar
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by Quovatis View Post
How was the guy locked up based on the victim's testimony alone? That doesn't seem right. There needs to be some other evidence than just the victim's word.

But yeah, she should absolutely be charged.
From what I recall, the girl had significant scar tissue, which they had wrongly attributed to accusations of rape by her father. As it turns out they have determined the girl was sexually active with multiple partners which her parents did not know about.

As for the accusations, she has deprived another citizen of liberty and that person deserves justice. Too bad they can't disbar prosecutors for false imprisonment.
Sgt Shultz is offline  
Old 2012-04-07, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Traak
Colonel
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
Link to News Story

So this girl lied to the cops about her father raping her. He gets put away for 15 years...and serves 10 before she admits to the police that she lied.

He gets out and all charges against him are dismissed.

The DA will not persecute her out of fear of...and I quote:



What do you think? Should she be charged with a crime for lying about this for so long and costing a man 10 years in prison for a crime he never committed?

Also, how logical do you think it is for the DA to say that this would discourage victims from coming forward?

Seems to me that this would discourage liars for bringing false charges forward.
Problem with throwing her in the can is that it discourages others from admitting that they lied. If she would have been facing punishment, she would have left him in there for how long? Possibly forever?
__________________
Bagger 288
Traak is offline  
Old 2012-04-07, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
CutterJohn
Colonel
 
Re: Man put away for 15 years


Originally Posted by Traak View Post
Problem with throwing her in the can is that it discourages others from admitting that they lied. If she would have been facing punishment, she would have left him in there for how long? Possibly forever?
Indeed. But not punishing her encourages others to lie. As tragic as it would be to be falsely accused, I think that not tolerating false accusations is far more beneficial to society.
CutterJohn is offline  
 
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Bookmarks

Wiki Activity Read More >
Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.