Just a heads up. Discussions over on AA have been popping up recently. - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A drug against war
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-08, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Just a heads up. Discussions over on AA have been popping up recently.

Originally Posted by Hark View Post
What kind of sorcery is that ?

Anyway, such hackers must be rare.
When the free Trials where active they where not rare at all. It was a daily occurrence of having to deal with crap similar to that.

Old 2012-04-08, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Pollo Jack
Corporal

Some of the most obvious wall hacking I have seen. The square thing sure, small advantage. Doing all that work for a small advantage at the risk of bans simply isn't worth it.

Also at range it will be obvious aimbotting as they get closer and closer to not being visible. As happened at the middle of his video.
Old 2012-04-08, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
Yeah that is what they call a "pull hack". Since all player locations are client side it isn't that awful difficult task to make all players location = x,y,z and kill em all just like you saw. This is exactly why free trials were disabled on PS1 and not without many, many, many community complaints while this blatant hacking went on for months if not years. There was a VS guy who got on nearly every day for months on a trial and proceeded to sanc NC single handedly and we couldn't get a GM on by any means we tried. Emails, forum discussions you name it, SOE didn't care. Yeah I am really looking forward to PS2 being F2P after seeing SOE's performance during that period of time.

I hope you're reading that Higby. Granted it was an old game probably on autopilot most of the time, but if that timeline of response is accurate, that's probably the worst thing I've heard about SOE to date (I played the early years). If it was a f2p game then I could see SOE having trouble getting around to it, but those were/(are?) paying customers getting thrown to the wolves.
Old 2012-04-08, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Originally Posted by Red Beard View Post
I hope you're reading that Higby. Granted it was an old game probably on autopilot most of the time, but if that timeline of response is accurate, that's probably the worst thing I've heard about SOE to date (I played the early years). If it was a f2p game then I could see SOE having trouble getting around to it, but those were/(are?) paying customers getting thrown to the wolves.
SOE?
Old 2012-04-08, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by Shanesan View Post
That guy is also rather poor at hiding it. He's keeping his mouse level on the vertical position where the user is, even when the user has changed their vertical position. See 1:22, where he's sniping against two different vertical positions. And he moves the moment the hacks tell him its clear to move.

Just screams hacks, or really bad, obvious enemies.

Edit: He also puts himself in obvious danger (or it WOULD be obvious if he didn't have the hacks telling him it wasn't) to go for the kills where he knows there are people.
It was never supposed to be an example of someone doing it well, merely an example of aimbotting without snap. Wall hack is the larger problem.

And I disagree, there is nothing obvious about his play, tracking an enemy by sound is ludicrously easy in cs, those with practice don't even wait for someone to round the corner, they'll make the kill through the walls of the corner as I did many a time back when I played. Watching this video is simply akin yo watching a very good player have one of his best days where everything goes perfectly, it happens. You'd need an hour of this shit consistently to be 100% of any uncertainty at all, and complete certainty is completely necessary when it comes to fucking around with potential legitimate players. I do not want to have to keep video of myself 100% of the time in order to avoid something inevitable, neither will every other player that's experienced that shit at the hands of all the morons and 12 year olds that can rent any server in any game these days. Besides that, spectating doesn't allow you to see him tracking the enemy like that, you can't see his screen or wallhack. Hacks to catch hacks is dumb and screams for backlash, it won't be risked by SOE.

But, as I said, not an example of the best legit looking play, the aimbot is trained on headshots when really it should be on upper body/neck shots for the most legit looking play, but that's not really what I was using it as an example for.

Tapatalk.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-04-08, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Apologies for the double post, feel like it's a worthwhile bump. There are members of this very community that use the service, as evidenced by this thread being reported to them and my loss of one of the accounts I use over there.

Old 2012-04-08, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by TESnake View Post
But don't worry guys, PunkBuster will save the day!
Punkbuster if not the only tool they use...
Old 2012-04-08, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Skitrel View Post
Apologies for the double post, feel like it's a worthwhile bump. There are members of this very community that use the service, as evidenced by this thread being reported to them and my loss of one of the accounts I use over there.

And that is news to you?
Old 2012-04-08, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by basti View Post
And that is news to you?
News to me? Not really, a little frustrating though that there's these fuckers around here right now, so long before release. Gives people a little perspective though. I've had accounts banned by them before and I'll have more in the future.

Old 2012-04-08, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

They literally are everywhere. I monitor a whole bunch of sites myself for years, and yes, they know of PS2, and they plan.

But theres nothing to worry yet. Punkbuster isnt the only line of defense, and if SOE hates hackers as much as I do, then there is literally nothing to worry about, because those fools get blown away.

There are wonderful, wonderful things you can do if you create the whole engine + the whole back tech yourself. And SOE did that.
Old 2012-04-08, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by basti View Post
There are wonderful, wonderful things you can do if you create the whole engine + the whole back tech yourself. And SOE did that.
Pretty sure DICE built Frostbyte 2 and BF3 from the ground up, didn't help much.

Old 2012-04-08, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Hamma
PSU Admin

The guy literally registered here today and is not a member of this community. He likely came over here for the specific reason of telling you that you are banned. They probably saw the links coming from PSU when the first topic had links in it.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this out. We all know that cheating is bad and there are tons of cheaters. Debating it on here over and over like a dead horse accomplishes nothing. Matt will see this post and be aware that there are already folks talking about hacking PS2.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-04-08 at 09:14 PM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion