Kill Cams - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dude, wheres my ANT?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-09-30, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Kill Cams

So.. It's now confirmed there will be kill cams.

https://twitter.com/#!/PS_TRay/statu...10851061874688

What do you guys think? I'm not so hot on this idea..

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-09-30, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Kill Cams

This is kind of stupid.
Old 2011-09-30, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zulthus
Colonel

V-V-N

Please reconsider. Kill cams are for COD and BF.
Old 2011-09-30, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sifer2
Major

That more than anything else is an indicator of them possibly taking the wrong direction with the game an lowering health way too much. Since generally kill cams are only added to games where you die in a few shots an so didn't have time to know who or what it was that killed you.

It starting to look like the game will be a modern warfare with sci-fi skin. Needless to say this another feature I don't like. I want to hear a positive change for this game to break the streak of bad news.
Old 2011-09-30, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I wont judge until i see them.
Old 2011-09-30, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
CutterJohn
Colonel

I don't see an issue. The only 'sneaky' kills in the game are from cloakers and snipers. Snipers have a big fat tracer and so aren't that sneaky, and a cloaker will be cloaked and away. So its not like you're going to get some massive free intel.

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
Since generally kill cams are only added to games where you die in a few shots an so didn't have time to know who or what it was that killed you.
PS1 had the death cam that showed your body and the kill spam that showed what you got shot by.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2011-09-30 at 07:59 PM.
Old 2011-09-30, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
Since generally kill cams are only added to games where you die in a few shots an so didn't have time to know who or what it was that killed you.
My thoughts exactly. In PS1 you got shot and saw your enemy usually before you died. Sounds like you might not know this time so they want to show you in case the player is camping then you see where they were.

All in all it sounds unnecessary. Just go to the loadout screen and show me a map with pictures of any medics around me so I know if I need to tap or not.
Old 2011-09-30, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sifer2
Major

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post

PS1 had the death cam that showed your body and the kill spam that showed what you got shot by.

Almost every FPS ever has that. World of difference between that and a camera zooming on whatever killed you. And its not so much the fact its in there that bothers me is what it suggests. That they felt it was necessary to add this. As in the gameplay is probably too fast paced like a spawn/die shooter an that they felt people would rage not knowing who killed them in one shot.
Old 2011-09-30, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Neither of those things showed you what bush on what hill the sniper was hiding in. I don't recall the tracers having been that obvious, and even if so we have no idea what they'll look like this time.

As for the cloaker: If it tracks your killer with the cam then all you do is tell your squadmates (people will be autojoining squads by default, remember) what corner he's hid in. That's a bit much free intel for my tastes.

Whether this is really an issue will depend a lot on what sort of kill cam they mean. If it's going to hover over the body and point in a direction, that won't be so bad. If it's going to zoom over to their location and give you a birds-eye view of them until they respawn then it's a stupid idea. If somebody managed to kill you before you knew what hit you, then you shouldn't know. They did a good job and you got reamed.
Old 2011-09-30, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Why are any of you surprised? Seriously, every mechanic they can possibly put in from BF, they will do it. They have taken out most PS style stuff and put in BF. Kill cams are of course terrible much like the bf style vehicles, but saw it comin a mile away. They want their BF game, they just take BF, up the players, paste on PS names/factions/graphic look on top, and call it PS2. Not much left they can take from BF honestly, but i can think of a few things, but honestly dont wanna say it as im afraid they would see this and put that crap in too....but i bet they already have it and we just dont know it yet. =(
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.
Old 2011-09-30, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
LostSoul

It really all depends on how they implement them, we'll see not a huge game breaker in my humble opinion.
Old 2011-09-30, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Elude
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
V-V-N

Please reconsider. Kill cams are for COD and BF.
BF never had kill cams. Atleast not to the degree of COD.
Old 2011-09-30, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Elude View Post
BF never had kill cams. Atleast not to the degree of COD.
Bad Company 2 and now Battlefield 3.
Old 2011-09-30, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by BorisBlade View Post
Why are any of you surprised? Seriously, every mechanic they can possibly put in from BF, they will do it. They have taken out most PS style stuff and put in BF. Kill cams are of course terrible much like the bf style vehicles, but saw it comin a mile away. They want their BF game, they just take BF, up the players, paste on PS names/factions/graphic look on top, and call it PS2. Not much left they can take from BF honestly, but i can think of a few things, but honestly dont wanna say it as im afraid they would see this and put that crap in too....but i bet they already have it and we just dont know it yet. =(
DING DING DING we have a WINNAR!!!!!!!
Old 2011-09-30, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sifer2
Major

Yeah its shame that if they were gonna rip off Battlefield they didn't at least rip off the one's that were actually good. Like Battlefield 2 an 2142. Rip off those an just bump up health by about 4 times to account for larger number of players an it might actually be ok.

But no it looks like were getting the new age CoD envy version.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion