too many Pilots? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Please Rise for the PlanetSide Theme Song
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-10, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
CystmGlytch
Private

too many Pilots?

If any of you have played bf42 you know that there are way too many people that want to be pilots. At times you can see a half dozen people waiting for a plane to spawn, just to last a few secs on the air before they crash into a tree or get shot down by an AA gun.

People even wait for planes as a mode of transportation. Get up in the air, crash the plane just so they could get from point A to point B. It made a great game(bf42) into a very frustrating game.

I hope that planetside doesnt have 90 percent of the world in the air and only 10 percent on the ground. Im very glad that their isnt specific aircraft for the different empires, so hopefully that will keep more people on the ground or in tanks
Old 2003-02-10, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
thegame109
First Sergeant

I don't see this as a problem as i WILL BE A PILOT but not at launch.I mean at launch people try out things and as time goes on if they don't like being a pilot there'll change.But the best bit is i'm gonna be a TR/NC AA MAX which will have a right laugh.

PLANETSIDE!!
Old 2003-02-10, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
KoldFusion

i'll be in a tank.... always have wanted to be
Old 2003-02-10, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Falcon
Corporal

Question

I know that im gonna be a pilot, but that's not all im gonna do. so even tho many people will be pilots i think that later as we get really good pilots up there, there will not be may people that will want to fly. as well as those people that don't really want to anyways

Im Voting Nomikahn for Senior Editor
Old 2003-02-10, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Nomikahn
Corporal

I agree, there are too many pilots. You have to take into consideration that the true pilots, will be filtered after time from the ones that just want to feel special.
Old 2003-02-10, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Falcon
Corporal

Cool

that's what im saying

Im Voting Nomikahn for Senior Editor
Old 2003-02-10, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

^agreed. I think the limited cert factor will help out as well
Old 2003-02-10, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

I think at the beginning there will be allot more pilots. But once people get into the game for a few months everything will even out.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-10, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
TheWumpus
Private

I don't think this is going to be a problem; after all you have to be able to go "inside" a base to capture it or defend it after your own base has been infiltrated. Pilots will have their purpose but so will all the other tasks. Of course if when the game's been out for a few weeks and 90% of the players are using air vehicles, then you can be sure that the developers will "nerf" them for balance. Again, I seriously doubt this is going to be a problem as Tribes and Tribes 2 got the balance right, and those games are heavily influencing PS.

"Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip around the Sun."
-anonymous
Old 2003-02-10, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

even in bf1942 the "omg I absolutely must fly a plane" fever died down in a month or so. You can't blame people for wanting to try out everything before they settle on what they want their role to be.
Old 2003-02-10, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sputty
Banned

Also, most campers suck(Flying_Fish Jsut Kidding ) so normally they die about 20 seconds after take off and god..Even if they stay in the air long enough one decent pilot will pwn all the bad pilots in seconds.
Old 2003-02-10, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Well, before planetside my squadron (thats right not a clan a squadron) played CFS2&3. I was the CO of it and intend to keep flying. But most of my squad have desided to take on diffrent roles. I plan on being a reaver pilot or fly the mosquito (mabye even the galaxy but not as much) to give my men support and then land and do strategy once they are all on the ground. My main plan is to make a premade plan b4 the attakc and then durring attack blow up all of the tanks on the ground then actualy coordinate the rest of it in real time. THis means at first we all focus on tanks and stuff and killing as many of them out side as possible and then focus on the base itself. My point is ill be CO / pilot. I wont be in the air all the time but i will be alot because flying is what i love. ( i drifted off topic a bit there but i dont want to delete it all)
Old 2003-02-10, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I hope there are all kinds of idiots flying around being stupid. What do I care?? I'll be inside, taking their base from them.

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time
Old 2003-02-10, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

well, i plan on going for the rever/galaxy right off then get as many tanks as possible.... So in the end I am going to use more certs on tanks, but my 1st obj is going to be going towards pilot... I am tired of being a person in games.... tooo much ut/ut2003 lol
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-02-10, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
SKAHT
Private

When player realize what the objective of the game is, things will balance. In the beginning, we're all going to be a bunch of no-nut, sad-sack, FNGs. Hell, I know I'm going to be a nerd for the first month, just trying to play with everything.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion