Faction Lore Personality - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now in color!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-01, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

Re: Faction Lore Personality

Originally Posted by opticalshadow View Post
you can have a dictatorship, and still be democratic. it all depends on how that one guy allows decisions to be made.
True. As much as I hate to agree with a TR. Remember Hitler was elected by the German people. Well,technically HE wasn't elected,but the Nazi party was elected to office,they then appointed Hitler to Chancelor,so yes,a Dictator can be elected.

That is what happened with the TR. We elected them,now we decided it was a mistake,so we will remove them by force. I guess in a way that would almost make the NC the Junta.

All in how you look at it I guess. One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist and all that.Look at the U.S. in Iraq,were we liberators,or invaders / Just depends on what side of the fence you are on when the bullets start to fly.
Old 2012-08-01, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
opticalshadow
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by FINALCUT View Post
True. As much as I hate to agree with a TR. Remember Hitler was elected by the German people. Well,technically HE wasn't elected,but the Nazi party was elected to office,they then appointed Hitler to Chancelor,so yes,a Dictator can be elected.

That is what happened with the TR. We elected them,now we decided it was a mistake,so we will remove them by force. I guess in a way that would almost make the NC the Junta.

All in how you look at it I guess. One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist and all that.Look at the U.S. in Iraq,were we liberators,or invaders / Just depends on what side of the fence you are on when the bullets start to fly.
jsut remember, while you fight to remove us, whom was elected by the freedom of the people, your fighting against the freedom you claim to cling to.

OpticalShadow - Terran Republic Stabasaurus-Rex
Old 2012-08-01, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

jsut remember, while you fight to remove us, whom was elected by the freedom of the people, your fighting against the freedom you claim to cling to.
No. I am fighting against an increasingly overbearing and dominating Government that surpresses freedom more and more each day. I am fighting on behalf of Corporations that choose free market Capitalism and as little Goverment regulation as possible.

Beside,Blue and Gold looks better and our Tanks are awesomer.

Yes, I said awesomer. It's a real word.

Last edited by FINALCUT; 2012-08-01 at 12:14 PM.
Old 2012-08-01, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
MorioMortis
Corporal

Originally Posted by Gugabalog View Post
The current TR leadership assasinated Connery and blew up the
Discovery 7.

They came to power by use of force.

Now answer the question plz if you're going to post.
The Republic was legitimately in power before the Discovery 7 terrorist attacks, and it saddens us greatly to have to enforce a military regime to assure the survival of the mission. This does not, however, render our government illegitimate, and, even if it were so, we still represent the interests of the majority of the Auraxian colonies' population.

Therefore, the Republic is not a junta, it is the only legitimate governing body on Auraxis (and, for that matter, everywhere else for all we know). As such, it is reasonable to assume that we would be rather more conservative in our policies than the upstarts, as we do not make brash and foolish attempts at "revolutionizing" government; we rule justly and efficiently, as we have for more than a thousand years, with the betterment of all mankind, today and tomorrow, as our only objective. It is through stability that we assure this, and our policies reflect that, rather than a desire to escalate political and social unrest amongst our citizens.

The traitorous Sovereignty and Conglomerate, on the other hand, corrupt the free citizens of the Republic with their lies about "freedom" and "human advancement", when in reality, they only seek to establish a tyrannical and dystopian rule over humanity. Faced with the destruction of our true and just way of life, and the enslavement of our population, it is our duty to defend humanity against these muses of deceit and heralds of oppression. No compromise can be made in this conflict, for it is our survival which is in danger, and we are more than willing to fight to the bitter end to preserve it.
Old 2012-08-01, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
opticalshadow
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by FINALCUT View Post
No. I am fighting against an increasingly overbearing and dominating Government that surpresses freedom more and more each day. I am fighting on behalf of Corporations that choose free market Capitalism and as little Goverment regulation as possible.

Beside,Blue and Gold looks better and our Tanks are awesomer.

Yes, I said awesomer. It's a real word.
you call us supressign freedom, but you admit to fight to remove a power elected by the people.

you are trying to betrey the foundation of freedom, the ability to vote for what we want. and you would replace it with a corporation. a thing that runs on monetary means, which have never worked in any government the human race has seen. it only breeds corruption.

i can admit, we might not have the absolute best way of doing things, but what we do have is proof our way has led to a long period of peace, that happiness was shared by our entire race. and that history shows how your way of doing things inevitably fails, how bad things become.

our way of life might not be fairy tale, but its the best history can ever show proof of.

OpticalShadow - Terran Republic Stabasaurus-Rex
Old 2012-08-01, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

you call us supressign freedom, but you admit to fight to remove a power elected by the people.

you are trying to betrey the foundation of freedom, the ability to vote for what we want. and you would replace it with a corporation. a thing that runs on monetary means, which have never worked in any government the human race has seen. it only breeds corruption.

i can admit, we might not have the absolute best way of doing things, but what we do have is proof our way has led to a long period of peace, that happiness was shared by our entire race. and that history shows how your way of doing things inevitably fails, how bad things become.

our way of life might not be fairy tale, but its the best history can ever show proof of.
Yea,but your Tanks suck.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-01, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

TR are not a dictatorship. Its in the name - Terran Republic.
Old 2012-08-01, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Solidblock
Staff Sergeant

People make out as if Discovery 7 was a complete TR leadership effort. As far as I know it was simply one radical man who happened to have been a part of the TR, that does not make the TR illegitimate, however stealing weapons and supplies and trying to go against the vote the people ratified to implement martial law is hypocritical and counter-productive. Corporations are nothing but another evil, a hypothetical victory for the NC would just mean a super-modern feudal era dominated by the rich. The TR have historically been the binding force of the 6 great powers in the 2400's. For 1000 years man has grown faster than ever before and once this rebellion has been shut down, theTR can return to its peacetime ways.
Old 2012-08-01, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Gugabalog
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
TR are not a dictatorship. Its in the name - Terran Republic.
That was not the thread topic.
Old 2012-08-01, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Solidblock
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Gugabalog View Post
That was not the thread topic.
Agreed, even if it's against my own. Check North Koreas official name..
Old 2012-08-01, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Gugabalog
Major

This thread was so derailed. Can a mod please lock it?

*Shame the TR didn't try to engage in productive discussion absent of any moral high ground for any side instead of erroneous denial of the lore*
Old 2012-08-01, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Psyche
Private

Terran Republic are the official government faction and no they are not a Junta.

They aren't the Actual Government body just a Martial [Emergency] wartime authority. In times of emergency, Martial Law is normal 'until the government declares the emergency over'.

Since the government (Terra) hasn't intervened/communicated that the emergency has passed [in this particular case, open rebellion/revolution/dissident behavior/activity that threatens the State/Government/Population as a whole] then Martial Law (Military Authority) remains in effect.

So yeah, like it or not Terran Republic are the official government entities (though they may be found at fault pending after action review by Terra).

Last edited by Psyche; 2012-08-01 at 02:16 PM.
Old 2012-08-01, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Gugabalog
Major

Did you not read the OP? It's not about the nature of the faction itself, it's about the nature of military minds supposedly being risk averse.

This has nothing to do with moral high ground.

As I asked, can a mod please lock this derailed thread?
Old 2012-08-01, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Solidblock
Staff Sergeant

Before this is locked then, may I claim victory for the mighty Terran Republic?
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-01, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

What was the point of this thread? I didn't understand the OP.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion