Tech test invites? - Page 30 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where sarcasm is taken seriously!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-20, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #436
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Re: Tech test invites?

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
Arcane magiks and sacrificial altars to the TTK gods? Totally signs they're doing beta.
Blood for the blood god! Skull for a Skull throne!
Old 2012-07-20, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #437
Unforgiven
Corporal

ok, so honestly, i got my tech test email, when i go to download the game, it goes to a screen saying "your already signed up for beta" and then i have no options to download the launcher, can someone send me a PM or somthing to help resolve this issue, i was so happy to help test the game out, and now this WTF!!!

The Enclave
The Arm of Decision in Battle
Old 2012-07-20, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #438
SUBARU
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
ok, so honestly, i got my tech test email, when i go to download the game, it goes to a screen saying "your already signed up for beta" and then i have no options to download the launcher, can someone send me a PM or somthing to help resolve this issue, i was so happy to help test the game out, and now this WTF!!!
Did you use the right account?
That would be my luck.I hope you get it working
Old 2012-07-20, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #439
TazmamzaT
Sergeant

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
I'm seeing casual conversation along with rage that has been going on since the annoucement of tech testing. Now there are indeed aspects of tech testing that haven't happened yet that I would completely disagree with in terms of priority/what players get in. Besides that. And I cannot say this in any more ways than I've said this.

It. Is................. A................................................. ................... Technical......................................... ...... Test.........................

It is not about playing the game for five years or even nine! It is not about how long you've been waiting and it's sure as hell not what you feel entitled to. IT..................... IS............A...................TECHNICAL hear me now... hear me.. TECHNICAL TEST

IT IS ... NOT ABOUT.. YOU...... Oh my God I don't know any other way to say this and I've tried the absolute most fundemental common fucking sense logic imaginable. I failed apparently....

It's a technical test, the people who are chosen, soe doesn't given a flying fuck about. They want their MACHINES. They want those MACHINES in the game. They don't give a damn how eager you are to get in the game and they don't give a fuck how much you love the game, it's about your fucking PC. Period. End.

Please.... FFS. Stop being that guy and I'll stop being this guy telling you to not be that guy.

IT IS A TECHNICAL TEST. Stop having your balls hurt because you're not invited.

anyways I know everyone's emotions are running high and I apologize for all these hardcore rude measures of conversing, we all want the game and we've all been waiting and rest assured we all will get in. In the mean-time, Let's be the PSU community we've always been and show the new guys we're more mature than this. We owe that to SOE guys. We owe THAT to hamma. Without him and his damn dollars over the years, this wouldn't be here to bitch about not getting in...
Yeah really, I'm tired of people of whining because they feel slightly betrayed because they played for X years and didn't get an invite.
Old 2012-07-20, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #440
Symmenix
Sergeant

So much buttclenching about the TechTests..
Old 2012-07-20, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #441
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

smedley just said no more invites they are holding where they are at now

So relax now and go outside in the real world.. no reason to be watching your email any longer for a week or so like a stalker lol.

Last edited by Top Sgt; 2012-07-21 at 12:10 AM.
Old 2012-07-21, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #442
Xeller
Corporal

Originally Posted by Top Sgt View Post
smedley just said no more invites they are holding where they are at now

So relax now and go outside in the real world.. no reason to be watching your email any longer for a week or so.
https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/226535306604732416

Sounds good to me! I don't know about everyone else, but that seems like mighty good progress. I know I was expecting a few more weeks for beta. Just keep your fingers crossed!
Old 2012-07-21, 12:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #443
Jownzorz
Corporal

There is no 'selection' process for the tech test. Its seriously just a lottery.
Old 2012-07-21, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #444
rTekku
Sergeant

A friend of mine got into the technical test with the final wave of invites -_________-

Basically how I feel right now...

COD COMMUNITY IS STRAIGHT TRASH,WORST CAMPING EVER - YouTube

Last edited by rTekku; 2012-07-21 at 12:26 AM.
Old 2012-07-21, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #445
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Jownzorz View Post
There is no 'selection' process for the tech test. Its seriously just a lottery.
This is only anecdotal, but it seems like they've mostly got people with newer and/or higher end systems in at the moment. Lots of i5s and i7s, for instance. Perhaps this is just the majority of people who are eligible for beta...hard to say.

But it makes sense when they're dealing with an unoptimized client: Have them brute force it to get the data for crash fixes and things while getting the performance optimization down.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2012-07-21, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #446
Mitzer
Private

Originally Posted by rTekku View Post
A friend of mine got into the technical test with the final wave of invites -_________-

Basically how I feel right now...

COD COMMUNITY IS STRAIGHT TRASH,WORST CAMPING EVER - YouTube
WHAT FRIEND? God dangit, was it k-Tek or someone...
Old 2012-07-21, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #447
Synapses
Sergeant Major

What I want to know, is where all of you A holes on both ends are getting your information. There IS NO INFORMATION. "oh its all high end systems" "oh its all X people" "oh there its all random X people" Bullshit, you don't know ANYTHING.

Its hilarious listening to you guys.
Old 2012-07-21, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #448
wraithverge
Sergeant

if you check the reddit thread where they were announcing their system specs you'll see the first day was all i7 with 600 -700 graphics cards, then i7 with 500 series, etc. Draw your own conclusions
Old 2012-07-21, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #449
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by Synapses View Post
What I want to know, is where all of you A holes on both ends are getting your information. There IS NO INFORMATION. "oh its all high end systems" "oh its all X people" "oh there its all random X people" Bullshit, you don't know ANYTHING.

Its hilarious listening to you guys.
There are people testing the game right now and some kind of information may be getting out to interested parties... think about that.

No, I shall stand! Sitting is for the weak and feeble.
Old 2012-07-21, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #450
Astrok
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by wraithverge View Post
if you check the reddit thread where they were announcing their system specs you'll see the first day was all i7 with 600 -700 graphics cards, then i7 with 500 series, etc. Draw your own conclusions
When will my pentium 1 get in ?
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion