I guess I'm a hacker guys ROFL - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now accepting knolls.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-01, 12:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Desperado
Staff Sergeant

I guess I'm a hacker guys ROFL

http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/...ssage.id=11387

!!
Old 2004-04-01, 02:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Acaila
First Lieutenant

I swear to god, the PS community has so many fucking noobs in it. Hi, welcome to the world FPS gaming, just because you beat the single player on "hard" doesn't mean that you are better than everyone. They have no concept that some people are just _better_ than they are, sometimes a hell of alot better.
Old 2004-04-01, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Arclyte I would not say you hack, however you are one of the few emerald VS I refer to as: "Doesn't look like a deer in the headlights 90% of the time."

And you are a force in a skeedo... frikken aimbot.
Old 2004-04-01, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

He only has 3k kills... Thats def not hacking.

Old 2004-04-01, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Yeah, I have the world's crappiest computer and certainly aint hackin...

Old 2004-04-01, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by SilverLord
He only has 3k kills... Thats def not hacking.
Kill #'s are NEVER a good way to define skill/hackage... I mean, look at me X whatevers and I still suck compared to many people with lower totals. Just by looking at a character you cannot tell how good he/she may be, its just a measure of time spent.

Last edited by Eldanesh; 2004-04-01 at 06:30 PM.
Old 2004-04-01, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
TheRegurgitator
Major

OMG, yes these guys speedhack like OMG!!!11 Theres this one guys called Tilur in "Honor Guard", I seen him like go through a squad of dudes and take no damage at all and like go super fast and crap!!
Old 2004-04-01, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Desperado
Staff Sergeant

My character is actually about 2 months old
Old 2004-04-02, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

HAX!

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-04-02, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

I don�t think SGSwift is using any type of illegal cheat like speed hacking. I just think he knows exactly what to do to gain the maximum effect of the warping bug. A buddy of mine and I did some basic testing of this which I documented in the below two screenshots. My friend is playing a cloaker and is surging through a doorway and heading to the opposite side of the room. My job was to stand to one side at about the mid point of the room and see if I could detect the surging cloaker before he exited the room.

As you can see in the first shot that there is no visual evidence that the cloaker has entered the room at full running speed. A cloaker running at full speed is very visible, but nothing is drawn on the screen. The cloaker is effectively �warping� around the room.

http://www.planetsideimages.com/uploads/Surge01.jpg

You only notice the door open so you know someone may have entered the room. As fast as I could I flicked dark light on and turned to the left. In the second screen shot you can see where the cloaker apparently is.

http://www.planetsideimages.com/uploads/Surge02.jpg

Pointed question time:

Obviously the cloaker is not floating up by the ceiling. So where was the cloaker actually standing when the second screen shot was taken? Did he enter and turn right heading to the opposite side of the room? Did he turn left as he passed through the door and pass right in front of me or perhaps behind me? Or perhaps did he run straight forward and jump over the railing to run directly down the stairs? Can you guess correctly? Do you feel confident with your decision?

Welcome to the experience of �fighting� against SGSwift and other surge warping exploiters.

While not exactly cheating he and players like him are walking a fine line. Much like in the early days of Boxing it was not generally acceptable to punch another boxer in the groin. However, there were no specific rules preventing it. Honor and a since of fair play and sportsmanship prevented it from happening most of the time. There were or course people whom things such as honor and sportsmanship meant little and they would do whatever it took to �win�. If that meant taking a cheap shot then so be it. It�s the everyone knows it�s lame and wrong, but if the referee does not see it or there is no specific rule preventing it these guys won�t hesitate to take opportunity.
Old 2004-04-02, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

SGSwift is a piss poor player, at least with my short experience with him...

Old 2004-04-02, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Noone in AquaShock haxxors either, just to clear that up for you.
Old 2004-04-02, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Vick
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sobekeus
SGSwift is a piss poor player, at least with my short experience with him...
OMG ROFL
Old 2004-04-02, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

Arclyte is a really good pilot. I'm just above average in the flying department(which is good enough to shoot down everyone except AC and a few others).

I'd probably be better if Anakin played more. Everytime he shot me down and had the time to respond, he'd tell me what I did wrong, or should have done, if I asked.

I like the new OF forums though. The empire and server forums are really cool. I stay away from stuff like General Discussion though. =P

Kill #'s are NEVER a good way to define skill/hackage...
No, but Kills per base hack do. Getting 28+ KPBH is a sign of a really really good player.

Dunno why so many people talk about cheaters though. I only have problems with surge-warpers.

Last edited by WritheNC; 2004-04-02 at 04:31 PM.
Old 2004-04-02, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by WritheNC
No, but Kills per base hack do. Getting 28+ KPBH is a sign of a really really good player.

I disagree in that you can load this stat one way or the other depending on your style of play. If you are one of those "Tower of Power" guys who drop behind enemy lines and take a tower in-between 2 warring factions you will rack up a lot of kills and get no base caps. If I do a solo tower of power I can usually rack up about 12-20 kills. If I do this with a squad of outfit mates we usually hold the tower until we get bored. Rarely do we meet organized resistance strong enough to root us out.

None of the stats they show really indicate how "good" you are... there are many ways to rack up an impressive kill count...

Get a Flail...

Do the cloaker + surge + boomer+ enemy spawn room thing

Get an AA MAX defending against a Zerg

Get a Reaver and target infantry

Spawn tube camping

Many others�

If you are half-competent you will rack up dozens of kills with each spawn... spawn use one of the above tactics, die, respawn, repeat, whoot!!! 400 kills in 3 hours of game play...

Are you really "skilled" or are you simply capitalizing on a strength/weakness mismatch?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion