Can SOE confirm a cinematic for Planetside 2? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Were Hamma sees all...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-17, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Graywolves
General

Re: Can SOE confirm a cinematic for Planetside 2?

An epic cinematic would be really awesome.

But if it cuts back anything on the game development then forget it. Building a great hype with good PR and Marketing is great for short-term bursts in fans. But people won't stay if they feel like something that was promised or is 'standard' happens to be missing.

With Forgelight, we could do an in-game promo that could feel cinematic if well-scripted and rehearsed a number of times. Have a soldier and his squad drop in somewhere or dismount a sunderer after penetrating enemy lines with the rest of their fortresses and follow the progress into a base.

There is a lot of possibilities. I would love to see a great cinematic with a strong narrative that shows what each faction stands for. It could help many players decide which side they choose.

I have faith that if SOE does make an epic cinematic or 3. That we won't find ourselves missing out on anything promised by launch, especially without a deadline to restrict them.
Old 2012-04-17, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Redshift
Major

The DCUO trailer was epic, the game was a bit meh, but the trailers were awesome, i showed them to at least 10 friends
Old 2012-04-17, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
The DCUO trailer was epic, the game was a bit meh, but the trailers were awesome, i showed them to at least 10 friends

And yet here we have an awesome game, but nothing to show the world.
Old 2012-04-17, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Bags
Lieutenant General

We have 45 minutes of gameplay. I'd rather see raw gameplay than a trailer any day.
Old 2012-04-17, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Vash02
Major

A bit early to release a cinematic. I'd think 2-3 weeks in advance of the release would be ideal.
Old 2012-04-17, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
We have 45 minutes of gameplay. I'd rather see raw gameplay than a trailer any day.
As I've said a few times Bags, its not about us, its about the folks who are not on this site, or who are not currently interested in Planetside 2. I love the game play as much as you but also I like a little movie now and again to keep the movie lovers interested.

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
A bit early to release a cinematic. I'd think 2-3 weeks in advance of the release would be ideal.
This is true, but we have no idea on time frames. PS2 could be getting bought in 8 months. We just don't know. And I would hate to see this miss out on some AAA <<< treatment. As I and the rest of us know its an AAA title.
Old 2012-04-17, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Bags
Lieutenant General

Yes, but I am saying we do have content to show others. They can make a trailer if they want, but we do ahve material to show off.

I have ~10 friends interested off of screenshots, description of the game, and the gamepla vid.
Old 2012-04-17, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
I'm confused as to why there is a relationship between animations and a trailer, but I can assure you the animations will be as smooth as possible.
Well the implication we got was that vehicle entry/exit animations were being cut to save money. Cinematic trailers are expensive. The, admittedly flawed, logic then is that you might be able to pay for entry exit animations if you dumped the cinematic trailer.

Personally I prefer gameplay trailers, or at least trailers that include gameplay. That "100% in game footage" label adds a lot of legitimacy to any trailer in my opinion. Getting people to watch is just step 1, convincing them that you aren't pulling their leg is no less important.
Old 2012-04-17, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Hamma
PSU Admin

Nothing beats a solid trailer released officially by SOE and pushed out by their marketing team. That's the best exposure we can hope for.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-04-17, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Nothing beats a solid trailer released officially by SOE and pushed out by their marketing team. That's the best exposure we can hope for.
Yea and when it comes im gona spam the internets with it!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion