Were have all the galaxies gone? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bringing sexy back.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-22, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info
Were have all the galaxies gone?

I reammber not long ago Galaxies were all over the place, Every squad had to have its gal driver to get around but now do to the super fast hart there are none, or as close to none you can get. But i have a proposal to put that gal back in the skies.

First bump up the Hart timer, alot, to 12 - 15 min OR make it so you can only hart to certain areas, like warp gate bubbles so it is less usefull.

ANd give small amounts of BEP for flying people around, based on how far it is before they get off.

Then lump 3 vehicles into the "Aireal Support" Cert (4 cp) those being the:

Gal 2.0: A Galaxy with bigger guns. basicaly the side guns are upgraded to the lib pilot gun size and have a lagrer area to fire in (AKA can shoot strait down), the rear gun gets a dual CG instead of the single CG. or better yet make it liek the beta gal with the 75mm cannons

The Lodestar, presuming it carries vechs

And the Dragon Fly: a new transport/light suport vtol type thingy. This is meant to carry 7 people in a gunship or transport role. The Pilot has a 12 mm CG on a small swivel, like the old lighitng and magrider driver gun, Then there are 2 side gunners each with a Rocket launcher similar to an enforcer but less powerfull. then a tails gunner with a lib ball turret. then 3 people can be passangers. Fast(ala 70 -80 kph) with After burners but with a lighing sized amount or armor availible at tech linked facilities.

The idea is to give backup for the gal when a DSC is not avalible and make it so a gal is goood to get if a
DSC is around
and make it so the gal is esencial when assulting a cont, i remember the fun gall drops over occupied bases to take them back that was my favorite part of the game

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-11-22, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Galaxies are now useless because of the superfast HART timer. The ONLY use a Galaxy now has is taking guys to a locked continent. The ONLY use it now has is ferrying an ANT in relative safety, and who in their right mind does this anymore? The only use it now has is dropping people on towers and bases (which HARTs cannot do because of the SOI rule, THANK GOD).

I really hate the HART now. And that's because nothing compares to a line of Galaxies on an air assault mission, dropping Marauders in support of infantry ops. It's more the impressive bad-ass sight of it, and the only thing that can compete is when you have a hundred guys purposely HARTing at the same time and you see that coming down on you.
Old 2003-11-22, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

agreed , since the hart got screwed up their havent been that many galaxies
Old 2003-11-22, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

If the Galaxy wasn't so jacked up in the first place it wouldnt be an issue regardless.

First, 20mm and 12mm... LAME. Give it 25 and 30 like the Liberator.

Second, maybe a dorsal gun like a B17.

Third, fix the damn gunsight. It NEEDS to be like the Liberator gun sites, because that funky angly really eats donkey-nuts.

And now onto my dream of Galaxy mods... the Gunship. Have two types, a transport and a gunship. Model the gunship like the AC130 Spectre, and you'd see a TON of them in-game.
Old 2003-11-22, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

I saw one the other day and he was trying to pick up a squad of NC MAXs and Reinforced. I attacked him in my Lightning before he could land and then spent the next five minutes attacking his squad on the ground and occasionaly hitting the Galaxy who in turn kept trying to ram me.
Old 2003-11-22, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

yeah that Spectre would be a nice thing to add under the cert thing, Give a 2x100mm cannons an 3x30 mm CG's?

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-11-22, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If they don't bundle Lodestar with Galaxy, they will be making a huge mistake.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-22, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Zompton
Corporal

-Veteran

agreed
PC in the Works; Pentium4 2.8ghz 800mhz FSB, Albatron PX865PE Pro2 motherboard (OC king), 1536mb(1-1/2ghz) Corsair TWINX XMS3200 DDR400mhz Dual Channel RAM, Radeon 9600pro 128mb 8xAGP graphics card, Duel 80ghz 7200rpm 8mb harddrives, Windows XP Professional, 19" Sony GS420 monitor with 1600x1200@85hz resolution, 5.1 surroundsound system, and more...
Old 2003-11-23, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ait'al
Contributor
General

NO they need to be seperate!

When i get in the game and start my outfit galaxies will be very common. Im having one platoon have galaxies as part of its bases for VANU and then another one on its own for lodestar. If theres something cool enough on the Lodestare it may be good to have it seperate. The galaxy just needs to have the Hart fixed by the sounds of it then Its sounds like you want it seperate again if it pics up from conversations i read months ago before i got on here.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-23 at 12:29 AM.
Old 2003-11-23, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Xxzard
Sergeant

i posted a thing just like this 4 days back.
Old 2003-11-23, 01:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

I think Galaxys disapeared when just about everyone was in Outfits. I mean you just say LFS in outfit chat, get a squad on a different cont., then wait for the HART. There is barely any more of those random squads forming at the sanc. And with the HART timer lowered, whats the use of those squads-and their Galaxys?
Old 2003-11-23, 01:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
delta
First Sergeant

I believe it's mainly the HART timer. I love the HART being every 3 minutes and am not complaining. But I think that's the main reason.

Rawr! I'm a tiger! I'm also fluffy but I have big teeth!
Old 2003-11-23, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Jagd
Major

We launched a massive TR raid to Forseral last night on Markov. It took at least 20 minutes of CR5 spam and utter boredom and frustration before the 3 galaxies, 6 prowlers, 2 skyguards and assorted light aircraft were finally able to move through the bubble and begin the attack. Even a 10-minute HART timer would be faster than waiting for a public raid to begin.
Old 2003-11-23, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

When we plan outfit or Alliance raids, we post the rally time as 30 minutes before we are departing.

Because my outfit has been conducting raids since Planetside was being beta-tested, and because we run training operations for tasks such as rallying up, boarding and hotdropping from Galaxies, convoy operations for ground and air movements, it is possible to assemble and roll out in full combat force within 10 minutes, and that allows for players who decide to switch armor or grab a vehicle.

We also try to lead by example, but some of our fellow outfits haven't grasped the concept of timeliness. On occasion, when I lead an operation that entails members of other outfits, I will order the main body to leave, and stragglers are shit out of luck. Hate me if they want, it serves to reinforce the point that our missions don't wait for simpletons who can't get their shit together.

And I never rely on a CR5 and his or her junk-mail to do what a Commander's Voice Server can do in a fraction of the time. Especially when there are three parroting a fourth, with a fifth and a sixth proposing separate targets.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion