Brand spakin new PS video, made by LD. VS on emerald - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ie diunt ned to pai nay tab! *hickup*
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-20, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SkunkPunk
Major

Brand spakin new PS video, made by LD. VS on emerald

here is the first video my outfit(LD.) has just made we are VS on emerald, and if the things you see in this video appeal to you, gimme a shout, also feedback would be much appreciated

*edit once again a link might be useful http://www.fileplanet.com/download.aspx?f=133391

Master Of The Shunk //LOL! // [LD.] // Email // {Coming to Planetside Soon, Beware}
Old 2003-11-20, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SkunkPunk
Major

Arrow

bump, this aint goin down to the bottom of the list until i get some feedback...

Master Of The Shunk //LOL! // [LD.] // Email // {Coming to Planetside Soon, Beware}
Old 2003-11-20, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SkunkPunk
Major

*sad* has to rebump... i think it might be fileplanets long(er) DL times thats causing the hold up

Old 2003-11-20, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jagd
Major

You mean the 48 minute wait before it even starts? Fileplanet = teh suck.
Old 2003-11-20, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SkunkPunk
Major

hurray! a reply, yea well you know, shit happens...

Old 2003-11-20, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I'm downloading it now. I hope it doesn't suck, because it wouldn't look good for this video to get a negative review after the amount of bumping you've done.

I've watched up to the Galaxy Drop part. Here are my thoughts:

The guy talking in the background is out of place. I'm not sure why you recorded the talking, but it doesn't improve the video at all. Half of the time I can't even tell what the hell he's yammering about.

I don't like the music at all.

Otherwise it's alright. Most of the time I only see Vanu through the scope of my sniper rifle, so seeing them frolicking in the wild isn't bad. The video could be more action packed though. As much as I enjoy seeing some Vanu broads without being forced to put them down like a diseased animal, some more firefights (or alternatively, so firefights where you're in a better position to see some action, as much of the time the cameraman seemed to be in the back trying to keep himself alive) would make things better.

Anyway, I'll keep watching.

The above comments apply to the other half of the movie.

Last edited by Warborn; 2003-11-20 at 07:28 PM.
Old 2003-11-21, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
SkunkPunk
Major

yea it wasnt really meant to be action packed, we just wanted to get some footage of some of the stuff you dont see in planetside anymore...lightnings on the courtyard walls co-ordinated attacks, instead of zerging we assembled an attack force (1 mosq) (1thresher) (2mags) (5lightnings),gal tower drops, and used some seige and strike tacticsi agree it could have been better if there ware some enemies where we went, guess they were too early into our continent for them to show up in numbers

Old 2003-11-21, 08:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Ill DL it when i get home
And jagd i dont have to wait i have a subscription LOL in your face !
Old 2003-11-21, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
sutserikeru
First Sergeant

now bad, but i agree with Warborn, the voice didnt help its rating at all... the music was good by me up until the end, then it just bombed, other wise thats pretty cool

PS. How do u make vids?
Old 2003-11-21, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SkunkPunk
Major

blehh u only get to know if you say its good (jking, i really dunno i was just an actor in it, im sort of my outfits public communications guy, lol i think our guy inthedark7 used Fraps or something like, i dont got windows XP so so fraps wont work on my computer

Old 2003-11-21, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
VashTheStamped
Major

Misc Info

/me is DLing it
Old 2003-11-21, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Otis
Master Sergeant

Well I guess I'll just donw load it tomorrw couse all the public servers are full.
Old 2003-11-21, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

yea it wasnt really meant to be action packed, we just wanted to get some footage of some of the stuff you dont see in planetside anymore...lightnings on the courtyard walls co-ordinated attacks, instead of zerging we assembled an attack force (1 mosq) (1thresher) (2mags) (5lightnings),gal tower drops, and used some seige and strike tacticsi agree it could have been better if there ware some enemies where we went, guess they were too early into our continent for them to show up in numbers
I think you've overestimating how uncommon those sights are, and how captivating they are to someone outside of your Outfit.
Old 2003-11-22, 12:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
SkunkPunk
Major

what ever floats yer boat i guess

Old 2003-11-22, 01:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
delta
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by sutserikeru
PS. How do u make vids?
1) You need to record the footage. The easiest way is to use FRAPS 2.0 (http://www.fraps.com). You can also record it to a tape off of your video card.
2) You'll need to edit it. iMovie works well if you have a macintosh. I believe Windows XP has some sort of editor built in.
3) You'll need to compress it. I personally like the DivX codec. BUT make sure you make the DivX codec availible in your movie download because if you compress it with DivX the viewer will need DivX to watch it.

Rawr! I'm a tiger! I'm also fluffy but I have big teeth!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion