So what do you want? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The page is down there.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2009-09-27, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

So what do you want?

I want:
  • New terrain with unique bases
  • City combat
  • Modular vehicle weaponry (see my other post).
  • Head shots and vehicle weak points.
  • Night
  • Command as it is now but ALSO requiring a cert investment, just like a support tree.
  • BFRs requiring a gunner per weapon, but buff the armour back up
  • Free trial up to BR6 and CR1, buy the box for BR15 and CR3, or subscribe for max BR and CR.
  • Americas Army style training system

That's it for now...
Old 2009-09-27, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: So what do you want?

A full-spectrum marketing and media blitz by SOE.

A full-spectrum PR campaign by SOE.

For SOE not to take developers from Planetside 2 and move them to Everquest 2.

Everything from Planetside except those god-awful BFRs. Or, failing that, keep BFRs out of bases. And for fuck's sake, make up their goddamn minds about whether a BFR is a walking tank, or a walking piece of shit.

Naval areas, similar to (for example) Delta Force: Land Warrior offshore oil rigs or Battlefield 1942/Battlefield 2.
Old 2009-09-28, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dorest0rm
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Moaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar favorite slots.
Old 2009-09-28, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ait'al
Contributor
General

The return of restricted communication(I know that's hard with voice chat servers) for more realism. I preferred not being able to communicate upon death. Gave a reason to have to be healed as a starter. And it back then people relied on knowing how to play with one another based on the situation(edit: which was the immersion!). Which takes a lot more experience and is a lot more fun than voice chat. Voice chat has a way of making you lazy and not be able to play as well pretty quickly compared to being immersed that heavily, especially when this game was made based on that and was specifically not meant for voice chat except how it was implemented in game. And you have faster reaction times and more competence when you play solely without voice chat. (Without needing to type much either.) It was all part of the community and empire feel at one time.

This needs to be said better than this but I'm not sure how to atm. Or to tired.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2009-09-28 at 06:06 PM.
Old 2009-09-28, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ait'al
Contributor
General

One of the other problems is this game has not be used up yet. It development was slowed as far as experience goes and all the lessens weren't learned like they should have been till the software seemed old and simple like with other games and genre developments. It was one of the problems developing with how the game was run. They were too afraid to let it be used to death.

If I'm saying this right(I'm not saying it well 89. It's an old software development thing that atleast I knew about and I hope to god most software writers know. always use the software till it can't be use anymore and people are saturated by it not just in the fast sense but in the long run. still not put well there. lol I used to know how to word that.) someone else was saying this basically in this or another thread when they said they were worried about all the lessons being learned from it before development started. It was the OP I think of one of the threads.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2009-09-28 at 06:11 PM.
Old 2009-10-04, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Return of the ANT BOMB!!!!
Old 2009-10-05, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Dorest0rm
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

http://www.planetside-universe.com/p...potd.php?id=90

I want that stupid thing to actually work.

It would be so awesome to check the courtyard with that thing.
Old 2009-10-05, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

I always thought that would be so sick if that was possible.

Night combat would be cool. I think it sweet too if you could kill drivers of open cockpit vehichles.

And needing to cert to use the abilities of a CR5 would be sweet too.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2009-10-12, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Seryll
Private

Man, when I heard about PlanetSide 2 that made my week. I'd like to see Naval combat like someone said, maybe if they're going to do Planets like I think they did later on? Instead of continents, maybe have an expansion for Space Battles. Bring back the Wendy's ingame spawn commercial "Stuck in the Middle with You". Haha, maybe not. I want the VS's dagger to glow again when I'm in a stealth suit, because that was smart to keep in through the first few months of the game. More customizable armor and tattoos. ;[

WHAT SIDE?! PlanetSide!

/edit/ Oh yeah, and I don't know if they added this or not, but keep in the lockers and maybe have "garages", kinda like Vehicle Lockers. I know I stored mad enemy stuff in my lockers, would have loved to save a few enemy vehicles to roll around the sanctuary in once in a while. Oh and bring back Oshur.

//edit// Oh yeah, and it'd be sweet to go back to the homeworlds, maybe even back to Earth through the wormhole that was stabilized with the Aukland Fluxfield! Yeah. Or to meet the original aliens the Vanu got their technology from. Something to keep some sort of background story going I guess.

Last edited by Seryll; 2009-10-12 at 11:31 PM.
Old 2009-10-13, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Kyonye
Contributor
General

I want real cities. Not just bases.

I damnit I want to be able to swim. I can't let Karma get the best of me, after the amount of people I jettisoned from my Galaxy, into the waters.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2009-10-14, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Kyonye View Post
I want real cities. Not just bases.

I damnit I want to be able to swim. I can't let Karma get the best of me, after the amount of people I jettisoned from my Galaxy, into the waters.
haha i remember when i first got PS and I thought I could play on dialup....so I flew a bunch a dudes over a body of water on Cyssor...

AOL kicks....

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2009-10-18, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Tikuto
Major

• Gunships (I prefer to call them Titans) - One per continent. Only available when battlefields are huge. Remotely controlled with prioritized access involving Command Ranks, so the CR5 of an Outfit summons (not creates) a Titan gunship for their Empire. When CR5 disconnects, priority is instantly given to someone else: first any descending CR of the Outfit, or then any descending CR of the continent.
    These Gunships are incredibly huge, slow and dangerous not like the cheap Galaxy Gunship - they are the gunships. Vulnerable to Orbital Strikes and Artillery. Can move in and out of Auraxis atmosphere, and from-to different continents.
  • Destructable content (NERF THE TREES!)
  • Naval Warfare
  • Cavern urban-style combat.
  • Space combat (segregates vehicles and foot-soldiers: Space vehicles outside a Orbital Station; Infantry inside the Orbital Station)
  • Falling debris from sky (Meteors, Space ships destruction)
  • BattleFrame Robotics - ## per continent at any time, available only to CRs, visible on map [M] to all friendlies. Charge a huge leaping jump (immobile) and able to glide (not fly), and able to combat in naval warfare (morph itself to float on water) giving an ability to be amphibious.
    Only one BFR for each Empire (no variations). Truely devastating coordinated attacks.
  • Aliens - Scarcely-seen Vanu exiles!
  • Alien environments and ancient habitats
  • Darklight on all high-quality armors (not as an Implant)
  • Cloaking revamped and potentially very exciting (some awesome graphic effect)
  • Able to create camps, dominate vacant land or compete (Where there's land no-one fights on, a Lodestar comes and permanently entrenches a camp of sorts)

Last edited by Tikuto; 2009-10-18 at 08:03 AM.
Old 2009-10-19, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Kyonye
Contributor
General

I loved the idea of Command Rank. The problem was, after a year, there were so many CR5's trying to give orders to everyone and no one wanted to listen to 20 people. I would like to see some system implemented where players are voted to top commanding spots, for the entirety of a single faction. If person has shown competence is commanding, they could be voted to a "General" type spot, and so forth. Then only a couple people would be giving out commands, and shit would be easier to understand and follow.

Old 2009-10-19, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
ColMirage
Private

There's a few things I'd like to see.

First, the return to a single planet with continents. Having a single planet and watch as your empire's color spread over continents is way cooler than a planetary view. Basically, like Auraxis.

Second, a hugely improved weather system. Here I'm talking about different varieties and sizes of meteorological events, from overcast to hurricanes passing through wind, fog, rain, lightning (That actually hits the ground), supercells, tornadoes, sandstorms, snowstorms, etc.

This is important to provide the feeling of a natural, living planet, and also gives something to do if you happen to be bored. Let's drive ATVs straight into a tornado for the hell of it!

This leaves the players in command more to think about than just having a liberator raid on a tech plant. How about waiting a bit for those clouds to come in and provide some cover?

I'd also like to see a full planetary day night cycle.

As for bases, I believe each base type should have a default layout, but, each base itself would be unique as to how it is constructed around that layout.

The default layouts is mostly to help out the newbies in an already complicated game, while the rest of the base provides additional tactical possibilities unique to each base.

Flame away

Last edited by ColMirage; 2009-10-19 at 11:54 PM.
Old 2009-10-20, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Kyonye
Contributor
General

Col,
Why don't you just go back to not posting, you stupid penis licker. you and you're horrible ideas.

In all seriousness, I don't feel that there should be one single default type of base. What they have already, is the default's for a base, but should build on all of them. I feel like big cities would give this game a boost. Plant a base in the middle of the city, and how much fun would that be? Also, make it so you can enter the city buildings.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion