How recoil and attachments seem to really work. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: why do you reject my quotes?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-01, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

How recoil and attachments seem to really work.

This is just based on wall tests. The extent of my knowledge as to whats really in the game comes from the google doc spread sheet.

It appears thats theres 2 parts to recoil.
Type 1 recoil -a back and forth horizontal bouncing
type 2 recoil -a a directional vector that it hops along at a steady rate.

Recoil 1 is whats reduced by the forward grip. It seems to work pretty much as expected - its of minimal significance up close but at long range its hurts accuracy even if you use bursts.

Recoil 2 is reduced by the compensator. What is not expected from reading the in game descriptions is that directional horizontal recoil is a part of Type 2 recoil.

So if you dont like your gun sliding sideways as you shoot only a compensator will offer any improvement. It will still slide at the same angle with the compensator but it will travel less.
Old 2013-02-01, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Kerrec
Master Sergeant

Re: How recoil and attachments seem to really work.

I have to say that I don't really understand attachments like the foregrip or the compensator. I mean, how often do you shoot at a stationary target for a prolonged time?

Based on my play experience, a stationary target is easy to kill. If they are close, you spray and who cares about recoil. If they are far, you burst and adjust for recoil on a burst by burst basis. Don't really have issues keeping on target because of recoil. And this happens rarely (non moving targets) in the larger scheme of things.

The majority of my time, I have to lead or follow a moving target. That means I am automatically compensating for recoil, as I continue to adjust my aim to stay on target. So what is a foregrip or compensator giving me? A minute amount of distance on screen that I don't have to adjust for? Personally, I couldn't even tell the difference if I recoil compensated a little bit or a bigger bit. I'm tracking my target anyway.

The only attachment I've found useful is the laser sight. And only when I force myself not to ADS out of habit.

Maybe I'm not using weapons that have enough recoil? I've used all the TR and NC stock weapons, and now that I've unlocked the Jaguar, I use mostly that while LA or Engineer.
Old 2013-02-01, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

I don't mean to piss on your parade, but this is not really news... it says that in the description of these items
Old 2013-02-01, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
I don't mean to piss on your parade, but this is not really news... it says that in the description of these items

Ummm no it doesnt. You apparently didnt read the whole thing or you didnt understand the significant part.

*Compensators not grips reduce horizontal directional recoil.*
Old 2013-02-01, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Aw shit you are right... I didn't read that last paragraph out of lazyness, sorry
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion