A Cloakers plea - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: if you can't beat 'em, keep trying.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-21, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Huma
Sergeant

A Cloakers plea

My biggest hope for Planetside 2 is that they finally fix some of the most fexing problems for cloakers. One of the main problems being that people can tweak their vid cards to the point where they can see cloakers without Darklight. I know some people defend it as just using your system properly but it completely kills a whole playstyle thats only protection is its stealth.
The other thing I would like to see removed is that cloakers show when a commander uses Reveal Enemies. There is already enough trouble out there to look out for as a cloaker without having something you can't even prevent hanging over your head. I know theres no confirmation of that ability in PS2 yet but I'm hoping its addressed if it is.
Otherwise cloaker mechanics are just find as long as you understand their limits.
Old 2011-07-21, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
duomaxwl
Captain

I'm not sure I agree with removal of reveal enemy. If you keep moving you shouldn't have an issue. What I would like to see is friendly fire damage reduced for cloakers. I die more to my NC "comrades" than I do to the enemies.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Old 2011-07-21, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Re: A Cloakers plea

Originally Posted by duomaxwl View Post
I'm not sure I agree with removal of reveal enemy. If you keep moving you shouldn't have an issue. What I would like to see is friendly fire damage reduced for cloakers. I die more to my NC "comrades" than I do to the enemies.

Haha, I hear you. I know I have many times accidently squished some poor friendly cloaker with my Vanguard. But I am not sure this should be reduced because in my opinion this would be a skill to master for a cloaker to be able to place themselves in the right position out of harms way from friendly fire.

Just my opinion though.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2011-07-21, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
MgFalcon
Captain

I don't always roll sniper. But when I do, I shoot friendly cloakers.
Old 2011-07-21, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
duomaxwl
Captain

Originally Posted by MgFalcon View Post
I don't always roll sniper. But when I do, I shoot friendly cloakers.
That guy is like the sean connery of beer. Anyway, sometimes it just seems like friendlies go out of their way to hit up cloakers. :/

Old 2011-07-21, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Huma
Sergeant

Sorry I forgot to clarify. By remove reveal enemy I meant remove cloakers from showing up on it
Old 2011-07-21, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

I'm sure from launch they will have optimized it to not be a problem.

Come 4-5 years when all these cards are obsolete the problem may rise again, but if SOE is adamant on keeping PS a success hopefully they'll fix the issue.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-07-21, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

What are you doing that gets you killed by friendlies so much? If you are in the front of a base push or tower push as a cloaker you deserve to die to friendly fire.
Old 2011-07-21, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamma
PSU Admin

They have said this is one of their top priorities I hope that they work out some of the many cloaker issues in the game, some involve cheating others just changing settings.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-07-21, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
duomaxwl
Captain

I generally try to stay away the zerg. I never try to push in as a cloaker. People will see a shimmer and shoot before they see if a name is green or red. I could be on a hill or on the walls of a base doing recon and get hit by greenies who don't check their radar to see if someone is a green dot or not. I mean I understand that it is hard to avoid sometimes, but I hope the devs can figure something out.

Old 2011-07-21, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Huma
Sergeant

I really hope they do fix some issues. I really love cloaking and I would love to see them get some love for a change. I'm extremely excited just to see the goodies in the skill tree for them. Though there are some key roles a cloaker can play on tower and base pushes. Just harder to do well with it
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-21, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Cloakers like everyone else in the game need to learn to avoid large moving objects and putting themselves in positions where they are likely to take friendly fire. As an above poster noted dealing with friendly fire is a skill everyone needs to learn, including cloakers.
Old 2011-07-21, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
duomaxwl
Captain

I agree, but there are times when friendlies will shoot at you even when there are no enemies around just because they can easily TK someone without armor. Hopefully there will be a form of deterrent in planetside 2 for that.

Old 2011-07-21, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
ShowNoMercy
Corporal

Can't wait to see if there are outfits that can specialize in cloaking. One of the best times i had was being in a squad full of cloakers. The "wtf" look when a guy turns on his DL and sees 10 cloakers in front of him is pretty damn great.

I don't think reveal enemies is of concern to cloakers, unless you are out picking berries in the forest you don't have much to worry about, just stay moving. If anything, a notification when you have been revealed would be more than sufficient.

As for friendly fire, perhaps they should make it so friendlies can see you and only enemies cant?
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-21, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Matt mentioned the grief system would be back but they're revising it. So the changes to it could be meant to stop that sort of behavior.

There was a larger problem where certain weapons could kill with only 10 grief points while others racked up a lot more. I expect them to normalize that a bit and discourage the behavior you describe.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion