Outfit Broadcast Message System - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We can't wait to play you
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-03-13, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SgtMookie
Private

Outfit Broadcast Message System

I think a cool small addition to the outfits would be an Outfit only broadcast system similar to the one that was displayed in the demo at GDC by a system admin. Where outfit leaders/delegates can make a broadcast message and then have it displayed to all outfit members at once in the middle of the screen during combat. ie “Rally up at Galaxy” or “Push to the CC”. This message would come across in an outfit color that is a non admin color and would only hover on screen for a preset period of time like all in game messages.

What do yall think?
Old 2012-03-14, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Re: Outfit Broadcast Message System

Definitely would be a nice feature for me to abuse while drunk

or use while squading, what ever. I'd also like to see it implemented for Platoon Leaders, but then you need to give people the option to toggle off the broadcast.
Old 2012-03-14, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Absolutely. I think having a real suite of features to help outfits organize and stay organized would go a long way toward improving the game. Making outfits replete with tools like message broadcasts, waypoints, missions, being able to see each other on the map at all times, etc, all of these things would only enhance the experience of people playing the game as a team.
Old 2012-03-14, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Absolutely. I think having a real suite of features to help outfits organize and stay organized would go a long way toward improving the game. Making outfits replete with tools like message broadcasts, waypoints, missions, being able to see each other on the map at all times, etc, all of these things would only enhance the experience of people playing the game as a team.
Can't agree more with this.

Outfit can make things happen, can change the battlelines, and are shining examples of teamwork that pays off, encouraging others to also do the same. The more tools at their disposal the better.

Love the broadcast idea. Could be quite handy for outfits not using voice communications.
Old 2012-03-14, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Garem
Sergeant

The beauty of a truly simple game like Planetside, and I assume PS2, is that you only need a few keys and buttons for character control. Teamspeak 3 has some very cool and simple functions for this sort of thing, even as detailed as setting specific keys to broadcast to specific channels, whisperlists, quick-move commands for moving between channels quickly... just tons of options to make the voice program controls as simple or complex as you want it to be.

Honestly, it might be easiest and most cost effective to just cut a deal with the Teamspeak developers and offer dedicated TS servers in tandem to game servers for outfits, programming PS2 to integrate or allow some an overlay (like Steamchat; Shift-Tab and you have a functional chat program over the game itself). Buy in bulk, save the players money by offering the same TS service for cheaper, and help boost the game finances a little.
Old 2012-03-14, 11:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
I could not agree with this more. Whether that be communication tools, specializing your outfit, controlling/upgrading bases, customizing ranks, etc etc. The more the better, I can't get enough.

Last edited by Sardus; 2012-03-14 at 11:54 PM.
Old 2012-03-15, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Purple
Sergeant Major

this would be a handy tool but i would like to see a cooldown on it so you dont get flooded with words on the screen.
Old 2012-03-15, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SgtMookie
Private

Well this would be one of those things that the outfit leader or his rep would use and it would be outfit only. Also a 3 sec or 5 sec cooldown like CR5 broadcast would be ok too.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault