PSU: Your sig has been pre-axed.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Old 2012-03-28, 02:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant

Interesting.

Not really political, just wanted to share it.

http://www.spikednation.com/evideo/c...ring-equations
Old 2012-03-30, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Re: Interesting.

That is because mathematical models and physics models are math. It will inherently have the things in it that the start of the theory would make it have. This is not intelligent from a standpoint as to what exists. It's just doing math thoroughly so if you find a result you can compare to a host of models to try to deduce something. This revelation is like a retard sucking his thumb and finding his toe. These guys aren't good mathematicians. They are physicists. That means a two year old could do math and consider the implications better than them. Not to be too harsh about it.

This man is just saying " oh my god I did math and found an answer for the first time." That is what all Physicist are doing all the time. It's never intelligent. Never listen to a Physicist. It's like what people used to say about comic books and TV. It will rot your brain. Unfortunately there is a host of people dumber than them to keep giving them funding... And then idiots can make careers out of being geniuses(it's called a Physics major! It's kind of like acting or English. But in those two careers you actually do something.).

Last edited by Ait'al; 2012-03-30 at 08:08 PM.
Old 2012-03-30, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

No you see god is a computer programmer and therefore it's magic.
Old 2012-03-30, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ait'al
Contributor
General

I like magic. Lets not get insulting. Magic at least has a logical background. It's called an illusion. It's math put in a useful functional perspective. Like psychology.
Old 2012-03-30, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I am a wizard.
Old 2012-03-30, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Sorry, I really don't like physicists. Especially ones with funny hair and a cheap suit. 8p I respect conspiracy nuts with the same more than them. 8D

If it doesn't look half dead and like it's been in a room non stop for a 100 years there is nothing close to being reasonable to listen to in a physicist. Mind you Einstein had weird hair and probably a weird suit(maybe) but he always looked like he had been permanently institutionalized. And there in lies the only thing close to calling a good physicist. I wonder how the ones of old held out for their age...

Last edited by Ait'al; 2012-03-30 at 10:06 PM.
Old 2012-03-30, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Stop posting while high, Ait'al.
Old 2012-03-30, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
NivexQ
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Ait'al View Post
Sorry, I really don't like physicists. Especially ones with funny hair and a cheap suit. 8p I respect conspiracy nuts with the same more than them. 8D

If it doesn't look half dead and like it's been in a room non stop for a 100 years there is nothing close to being reasonable to listen to in a physicist. Mind you Einstein had weird hair and probably a weird suit(maybe) but he always looked like he had been permanently institutionalized. And there in lies the only thing close to calling a good physicist. I wonder how the ones of old held out for their age...

NivexTR - TR - 30/5 - -=The Black Sheep=-
SYNxNivexQ - NC - 26/4 - [:::::SYN:::::]
NivexVS - VS - 19/2? - SYNDICATEVS?

http://www.twitch.tv/nivexq
I don't broadcast much, but you never know
Old 2012-03-31, 01:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ait'al
Contributor
General

How do you avoid finding a formula in a physics model based on geometry? You all understand it's nothing but algebra formulas and within that geometry you cant' avoid finding formulas like these... Am I missing something. The guys a hack looking for publicity.

Am I the only one that knows that geometry and algebra are the same subject.. Within geometry all algebra formulas are contained... And algebra describes all geometry... Every algebra formula has a geometric relevance. String theory is nothing but geometric models. They explore them to see how they work out... It's just doing your math homework for comparison for experiments... This kind of revelation is fundamentally stupid. If he didn't expect it or know of it he needs to go do a lot more math. He's just looking for publicity. I've never liked or respected any physicist who even remotely put on the airs of this kind of dialogue. It's not for the sake of education or scientific endeavors. It just reeks of personal gain to me. He's getting his 15 minutes for it's own sake alone. He's not trying to inform people.

If he actually went into it and could intelligently to inform and familiarize people in the public of physics(or anything) then I would give him respect. But this kind of speech doesn't even require knowledge of the field. It's useless to everyone. You notice there is nothing truly informative in it.... He could at minimum explain what the formulas are or anything else... But nothing. That is the lowest of the low as far as I'm concerned. I don't know if this will be argued, but he isn't informing you of anything, he's only referencing things(to inform you or enlighten you is to add to your depth of knowledge of what makes something what it is.). Nothing of what he says adds anything to the hearer on the subject. It is not informative or by that measure then educational(Except in the lowest regards in that he referenced something he said nothing of). There is no other point to science than that. So what is he gaining besides interview money, or an ego boost, or whatever else he could be getting. As far as I'm concerned, the man is either ignorant or lazy. A man of his high position running a school should know better and practice much higher on a daily basis.

Even if he's getting credit for the school something of that moral reality will always turn on itself and be bad in the end. It's not of any good to them he does it.(anyone who would be on TV like this and could show such low ability is more already showing the situation of the school hence one meaning. Others go from there.) This is basically the consequence of going from teachers in general who had a life of experience to quickly hireing based on teaching degrees, basically, and fast ability to change staff or whatever they are doing it for.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2012-03-31 at 01:32 AM.
Old 2012-03-31, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

YouTube videos are not the avenue for advancing scientific discourse. If there is some new information presented, there are a lot of venues out there where this sort of thing can be discussed amongst peers and examined from varying points of view.
Old 2012-03-31, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
No you see god is a computer programmer and therefore it's magic.
Wow. You simply can't help but be a hateful little shit can you Warborn?

Having serious discourse with you without your inner dick showing is almost impossible isn't it?

Why do you even respond to these things if you're going to be a fucking asshole Warborn? Do you have nothing better to do than talk shit on the internet?

Just wondering, because from where I'm sitting...you appear to be a massive douche nozzle.

Also, Mods, sorry for all the harsh language. But I had to get that across at some point...I've been biting my tongue for a while now.
Old 2012-03-31, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

God is upgrading my RAM I'll reply to this in more depth later.
Old 2012-03-31, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
God is upgrading my RAM I'll reply to this in more depth later.
See folks? Same old snide, hateful bullshit.

I'm done with ya Warborn. See you in hell bud.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum