Fallen Heroes Charity Alert: This Memorial Day Weekend - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: [Insert Desired Faction] ROCKS!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-05-23, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Frackenstein
Private

Re: Fallen Heroes Charity Alert: This Memorial Day Weekend

As a veteran myself I salute the efforts of http://www.fallenheroesfund.org/home.aspx Sadly I dont believe our government does enough for our injured men and women who served our county. Private organisations like the FallenHerosfund step it up. Even though PS2 is a warring game with different factions, people on both sides have served or respect those that have served. Those that have served fought for not only our freedom and rights, but for everyones. Its this self-sacrifice that I believe can pull together the warring factions....and if not this then what?
Old 2014-05-23, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Calista
Second Lieutenant

I wish you the best but I don't see you getting much relief. The #1 employer in the world is the US DOD and quite frankly that is just not sustainable. Most of my federal taxes go towards the US military and I just can't give anymore. Reagan ramped up the military in the 80's to shut down the Soviet Union and it did. The Russian's back then retreated spending while we did not due to the Military Industrial Complex. It's going to be hell to pay over the next few years while we correct our spending and I don't envy you folks depending on the military.
Old 2014-05-23, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Calista
Second Lieutenant

In short, welcome back to minimum wage $7.25/hour.
Old 2014-05-23, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Avaleon
Private

The Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund serves United States military personnel wounded or injured in service to our nation, and their families. Can't think of a more worthy cause. Regardless of political affiliation, they were asked to serve and they answered. Can't think of an easier way to say thanks and pay tribute then to participate in this event. Heck, if you can even spare it, donate to this worthy cause.
Old 2014-05-23, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Carivana
Private

I think now, more than ever, considering what’s going on in the political sphere, that it’s really important to show our support for all veterans. Their plans for satellite locations will only increase the number of people they’re able to assist. And the International Rescue Committee will almost certainly always be in need of funding, because they take action in so many countries around the globe – I think I read somewhere around forty countries.
Old 2014-05-23, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
ReactionShot
Private

Intrepid Fallen Heroes (IFH) has a strong foundation and principles that are inline with what I believe most of us believe in the Black Widow Company (BWC) and in Nightmare Battalion(NTMR). These principles are to give back as much as possible to those who have sacrificed so much to ensure freedom and a better livelihood throughout the world. I personally believe that IFH has brought us together because we as gamers and those that are veterans want to do what we can to help those out that have dedicated so much and made huge sacrifices to make the world a better place. I believe that we all agree that this is a just cause to support and I'm glad that we could form an alliance that could make a larger, world impact than just playing video games on a Friday night with friends.
Old 2014-05-24, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
RME
Private

May 23rd: What do you think makes Intrepid Fallen Heroes good enough to unite the warring factions of Auraxis?

Gamers will always fight for any reason between the races. It could be for fame, power, wealth, or even basic gear. I believe I.F.H. is a great way to unite people, because everyone always wants to give back to those who give without question.

It sends a positive message to not only guilds/communities, but to the individuals we help even if they aren't gamers.
Old 2014-05-24, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

What have you achieved with BWC that you couldn’t have achieved alone?
Healing.

I will say this to all of you who read this, whether you are my brother in BWC or just a brother in arms or just a brother in need -- I will always be here for you. I will never leave you behind. If you ever need to talk, I will be here whether it's morning, night, or noon. All you need to do is reach out. Many of my brothers have my phone number -- if you don't have it, and you need to talk, PM me either here or preferably on the BWC forums. Ask for it. Reference this post. Give me a number. I will call you immediately. No one should ever be left behind, even survivors.

I ETS'd from the US Army in 2004 and then served as a private military contractor, continuing to deploy overseas on contract. I have served in Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan, and Iraq. I have seen firsthand the horrors of war and the toll it takes on civilians and troops.

This is something I have never ever mentioned to anyone. I am choosing to come forth today, ten years after I ETS'd. I am a survivor.

I was an alcoholic. I self-medicated. It shows in my post history on numerous forums. I was a horrible, miserable, angry drunk and it cost me my family, it nearly cost me my military career, and it nearly ruined my life. This was before PTSD, survivor's guilt, and invisible wounds were buzzwords, before they were recognised, when they were still a stigma. I suffered night terrors. I woke in cold sweats, screaming. I tried to strangle my ex-wife when she made the mistake of waking me up. I lost my temper and put a hole in the wall. My ex-wife eventually got fed up with my bullshit, refused to back down, and we began exchanging bitter and hateful words. I became something I despised and didn't recognise. I shamed myself with my actions and my addiction. She gave up on us, and that was the end. She took my kid with her, and I did not see him again for six years.

Without my brothers in BWC, many of whom are comrades in arms, some of whom stood with me on real battlefields in far-flung third-world shitholes, I would not be here today. I would have either drank myself to death or I would have eaten the barrel of a gun. Without my brothers, I would be a statistic.

Through their compassion, grace, love, camaraderie, and understanding, I learned to cope. I learned to cut the bullshit. I learned to let go of my hatred and anger. I learned to struggle it out with the rest of my brothers. For some of them, I was their mentor on a path to military service. For some of them, I was their rock when they came home. For many of our members, I helped create a place, helped maintain that place, where they could play video games among fellow brothers in arms. And when my turn came, they were there for me.

Thank you, BWC. Thank you to all who have served, whether in the US Armed Forces or foreign services. And thank you to all the people who supported their brothers, serving or civilian. And for those of you who know someone that never came home, I share your grief and I will always honour their sacrifice.

Respectfully,
Firefly, Black Widow Company
Commanding Officer // HMFIC

United States Army
1994-2004
Old 2014-05-24, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
RME
Private

How have you experienced BWC's Motto, "One Team, One Fight."?

With a gaming community of over 1000, BWC fields hundreds of people across multiple games. With this many people playing at once, some people may feel insignificant in similar situations outside of BWC, or likewise feel that they aren't truly part of the team.

In BWC, we platform on top of everyone's opinion, as well as the opportunities for everyone to rise up and take leadership. Joining BWC may seem encompassing at first, but just ask around for people's opinions to find a place for you!

I myself joined BWC in November of 2013, and since then have risen to be part of our PR relations in the Pixel Warrior Office for artwork, commanded multiple platoons across multiple games, and am now billeted as a senior NCO!
Old 2014-05-24, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Mungo
Private

How have you experienced BWC's Motto, "One Team, One Fight"?

One Team, One Fight isn't just a saying it is the way we live and fight.

Whether it be in-game or out, we always stand shoulder to shoulder to make our goal happen, it is always fantastic to know you will have your brother with you to watch your back or a good cause to support with others.

Being a multinational community it is nice to find that there are so many like minded people to associate with daily and it is hard to say I have ever played anywhere else that our motto is actually lived.
Old 2014-05-24, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Johnde
Private

This is a motto of severe importance to the BWC. It not only stands for what the BWC is and does in gaming but also many projects outside the internet and in real life.

Being a veteran myself, three years Navy and three years Army. While in the service, I experienced a form of teamwork that I'd never seen before. Not just in the heat of combat but training and even just basic maintenance of a ship or barracks. I've now been a civilian for 20+ years and in all that time I haven't come across that same intensity of teamwork and brotherhood outside of the Service, Until now ! The Black Widow Company gives me a new experience in teamwork every time I log into the BWC website, jump in a game or even talking on team speak just chatting. One Team One Fight isn't just our motto, It's how we think! It's how we play ! It bans us together for one cause, one objective. I could continue to describe it but it would be better for you to see and experience it yourself. Come join us for some gaming fun and watch what, One Team, One Fight" REALLY means !
Old 2014-05-24, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Frackenstein
Private

One Team, One Fight... I experience this every day with BWC, whether I am in a game with my BWC brothers and sisters, on our forums, or helping a charity like http://www.fallenheroesfund.org/ When we game together we gather up, and move out as a team. When we talk to each other on the forums or teasmspeak, we joke with and help one another. And if its for a charity like this memorial weekend, We band together to help those who are in need of help. One Team, One Fight.....we live it daily.
Old 2014-05-24, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
dttuner
Private

"One Team, One Fight" isn't just something we say. It's an ideal we strive for. Everytime I'm online gaming with my BWC brothers and sisters, we do combat as one huge team, fighting together to conquer or objectives. That includes the Fallen Heroes cause. All of BWC is here, ready to support this fantastic cause as a team. Tell you the truth, there has never been a moment I felt as though we were not One Team, One Fight.
Old 2014-05-24, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Gardanis
Private

Day 4: How have you experienced BWC's Motto, "One Team, One Fight."?

Every day I am with BWC I experience it.When playing games or outside of gaming.
BWC is one team.We do things as one.No matter what games you play we work together and cross over in different games.Also outside of gaming we come together as one and we get things done as one to get to our goal.We fight side by side cover each others back.Being a Military style gaming group we follow Military core values and it works.It does make for a better gaming experience.As we say ONE TEAM ONE FIGHT!

Lets not forget our troops that live ONE TEAM ONE FIGHT.

http://ptgb.org/
Old 2014-05-24, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Carivana
Private

Even though I’ve never been in the military myself, once I joined BWC I could appreciate just how tight the bonds of military service can make friendships. Our community is like a family: beyond just our inter-outfit (and inner outfit) cooperation in PS2, BWC meets up at least once a year so everyone can visit in person. “One Team, One Fight” means a lot more when we’re given the opportunities to get to know each other outside of the games, and it just makes us that much stronger when we’re gaming.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion