Looking for dedicated Air Outfit! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Assimilating... uh, hosting more fansites daily!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit

Old 2012-06-05, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Xyo
Private

Looking for dedicated Air Outfit!

Hi,

Like many of you I'm also a vet Planetside player, one who played from day 1 (but not quite until the end ^^). I've always had a desire to form or join a dedicated air response/assault team but never had the opportunity to! I'm hoping that this time round i'm gonna be prepared enough to organise the above in advance and be successful in forming/joining a group with similar ambitions.

If anybody is serious about forming something along these lines within the NC of course, please do not hesitate to contact me! I WILL be interested.

Thank you for reading,

Xyo.

Rather informal first post on Planetside Universe but I never knew this resource existed
Old 2012-06-06, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hosp
First Sergeant

Re: Looking for dedicated Air Outfit!

I'm a little confused as you're mixing the terminology a bit.

Fast Response = The use of aircav mostly for transport and light work where you're still a ground pounder most of the time.
And if you're a ground pounder most of the time yes you will be part of an assault team, if in an organized outfit.

Air Assault = The use of aircraft (not just the light stuff), to try and maintain air superiority for both Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground operations.

So the question then becomes, are you looking for an Air Based outfit or a Rapid Response outfit?

EDIT: Almost forgot, A rapid respons outfit is usually small - medium in size whereas an air-based outfit can be any size.

Last edited by Hosp; 2012-06-06 at 09:06 AM.
Old 2012-06-06, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Xyo
Private

Re: Looking for dedicated Air Outfit!

I used "/" referring to the fact i'm looking for either. Though i'd say you're inaccurate in thinking the response teams are transport and ground pounders? I'm referring to teams that rush continents and bases which require aid really quickly since air vehicles are the fastest way of getting heavy fire-power to a said area.

In layman's terms; I'm looking for an outfit which responds to hotspot activity [B]and/or[B] organises and strategically assaults zones, whether it's spec ops or through sheer force.

In PS1 when I had the joy of briefly playing in PuG air squads and platoons where they'd be fast response with reavers/libs/gals or we'd attack with reavers mosqs. I guess partially fast response has a slightly more logistic and support aspect to it :P..

Hope that helps? ...Maybe?

Xyo

Last edited by Xyo; 2012-06-06 at 09:52 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit